General Kickmans (FIFA/PES/FM & The Rest)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Microsoft got a cheeky here because the PS5 copy of FIFA is £60 in supermarkets, but because of course they have one unified copy, Series X is £50. Canny stuff.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Oh FM21 you've been good to me. Even missed a penalty.

35b5HrW.jpg
  • tried a bit Fm22 last night on xbox. controlling with joypad is very fiddly and occassionally stops working properly, though switching to pointer mode usually gets things going again but is even more fiddly!

it's still all a bit too time consuming and i'm not sure i have the time for it.

obviously i went with newcastle. thought i was off to a flyer when i had bids accepted for john stones, nathan ake and Kante...but none of them would discuss terms :(
    loftus-cheek wanted 180K p/w plus a 70K appearance bonus so he got told to fuck off.

second preseason friendly against hertha berlin, was 4-1 up at half time then lost 6-4.

replaced all my backroom staff with top notch appointments though, so at least some good foundations in place for when i get sacked. ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I think the new Pro Evo's been patched.

Went in expecting the worst, but it's actually quite fun. Much closer to PES 2021 than the reviewers touted.

But there are no features around the game, and a choice of like, 3 teams. Smh.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Carried on with FM22, got through the first transfer window. Failed to add a decent CM to the ranks (had a transfer cancelled late on deadline day cos the other team failed to sign a replacement, despite me offering them Jeff Hendrick!), but completely rebuilt the defence, and added some competition/potential to the attack. Tried to do it the 'right way' by using the scouts and searches rather than finding lists of secret superstars to sign
    lost first game 0-1 at home to wolves despite dominating
    then lost 3-2 away to Chelsea though stats showed us as slightly better on xG and possession(!).
    then scraped through on pens away to blackburn (reserves) in the carabou cup. in this game my new record signing Tariq Lamptey made his debut and lasted 10 minutes before going off injured and hasn't played since.
    but it was enough to get things rolling, and we've won the last 3 games.
    last game was against Norwich....couldn't match DS's performance against them but we were away and won 5-1, and 2 up before DS's Man UFC even bothered to score a goal! ;)

haven't kept a clean sheet yet but have scored 15 i think in 5 games, so the entertainers are back! ;)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Keep it coming Ram, I doubt I'll have the patience for it
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I don't have the patience to even read ram's posts...
  • Keep it coming Ram, I doubt I'll have the patience for it
    will do for as long as i can be bothered with it! ;) it's the wheeling and dealing i enjoy...once it's left to the players on the pitch to fuck things up i get sick (and sacked usually!)
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I wonder if the game simulates the bitter salty tears of Man UFC fans too? :)
  • 0-DEBD9-D7-ACB7-4657-AF99-B3-DA08-E10-A59.png

there's the current line up, but would have Tariq Lamptey as RWB if fit.
    Alvarez is a young striker to replace Callum Wilson (prob sooner than later)
  • got through the 3rd round of carbou cup, another away win on pens against a championship team.

also i was wrong earlier, i hadn't won the last 3 league games, i won 2 then drew the last one 2-2 with a last minute equaliser i obviously tried to forget! :)

my team does have an alarming habit of conceding in the first minutes, immediately after scoring and also in the last minutes.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Keep it coming Ram, I doubt I'll have the patience for it
    will do for as long as i can be bothered with it! ;) it's the wheeling and dealing i enjoy...once it's left to the players on the pitch to fuck things up i get sick (and sacked usually!)
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I wonder if the game simulates the bitter salty tears of Man UFC fans too? :)

Tldr
  • anyone tried 'efootball' recently? gave it a few games in last couple of days.

while it's certainly got flaws and i can see why people hate it initially, i think there might be some potential there. i think it's trying to be much more sim oriented, there's a heft and momentum to player movement that at least separates it from fifa, where pes and fifa were basically playing the same style of game in recent years.
    i've not tried any of the online stuff, just a few local exhibition games where the total of about 10 teams to pick from is rather weak to say the least.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The last two Konami soccer games, play wise, are a breed apart. After the patches, eFootball is now solid, if you ignore the fact there are like, only two teams, and 3 available options.

I still play the last Pro Evo quite a bit.
    Isak leads the front line at the Kiyan Prince stadium now.

The fact that you can't change the default 5 minutes to at least 10 for local play, is a crime I tell you.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Playing Fifa 22 with boy yesterday (PS5)... the frame rate drops are horrendous, assume this is a known thing?

Happens on and off in matches (offline) and is really distracting.
  • I play FIFA22 on PS5 and can’t say I’ve noticed a frame-drop.  You sure you’re not picking up the wrong controller and playing on a PS3 or a Switch or something?
  • Nope it happens a lot in the few games we had. Particularly at kick offs and bizarrely in the skill games.
  • FIFA 22 on gamepass/ea play now.

Any interest in bringing back B+B FC for some pro clubs action?
  • Gamermike wrote:
    Playing Fifa 22 with boy yesterday (PS5)... the frame rate drops are horrendous, assume this is a known thing? Happens on and off in matches (offline) and is really distracting.

Game is a buggy mess. Played it a month or so back and deleted. It may well be a known thing but wouldn't hold out hope of a fix - there were legacy bugs I saw that lasted for years in recent editions without being fixed. It's a FUT simulator now, that's all.
  • I don’t touch FUT but can have a nice enough time taking Liverpool to the heady heights of division 3 online. I’m in no way leet enough tho.
  • I play FIFA22 on PS5 and can’t say I’ve noticed a frame-drop.  You sure you’re not picking up the wrong controller and playing on a PS3 or a Switch or something?
    I also haven't noticed a single frame drop, I play fut and play against 2 mated and my son regularly.

• Haven't seen much frame performance issues in my hundreds of hrs on Series X but input lag, especially in the menus, along with weird performance there, is a definite thing.

Damn fucking frostbite fps-ass engine. Not made for sports.
  • Gamermike wrote:
    Playing Fifa 22 with boy yesterday (PS5)... the frame rate drops are horrendous, assume this is a known thing?

Happens on and off in matches (offline) and is really distracting.

I play predominantly on Xbox but played a PS mate the other day when it was the free game on PS+.

There was definitely something off performance wise. Not unplayable off, but noticeable off.

I’ll happily play a few B&B games Ram - but 22 Pro Clubs is bloody horrible. They really screwed it this year.
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • It's that time of year again I forget the team I spent all last season crafting and curating as the new year's FUT launches. Today the Web app goes live at 6pm to allow folk early access to packs and the transfer market to start building their team before the Ultimate Edition early access goes live on the 27th.

As ever, begrudgingly, and with caution, I'm in. Anyone else?

If you have any questions about the world of fut and avoiding sweat, hit me up. Or just, reply here laughing at me for my pursuit of madness.
  • Like FIFA. Don’t like FUT.

Play me as Ranger vs Liverpool sometime and we can talk it out.
  • Caveat. I’m not very good and don’t do the fancy moves. Just constant arse to the wind attack.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    gav if I see 70 more tweets about a Kent Halloween card or whatever so help me brev
  • Add the hashtag #FUT23 to your muted things and you won't see a thing.

Unc, of course. I'm the same too, fuck skill moves. Good thing crossplay is completely enabled from the start this year.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I am not gonna mute the sexiest man on twitch
  • It's that time of year again I forget the team I spent all last season crafting and curating as the new year's FUT launches. Today the Web app goes live at 6pm to allow folk early access to packs and the transfer market to start building their team before the Ultimate Edition early access goes live on the 27th. As ever, begrudgingly, and with caution, I'm in. Anyone else? If you have any questions about the world of fut and avoiding sweat, hit me up. Or just, reply here laughing at me for my pursuit of madness.
    HAHAHAHA ;)
  • I can’t wait to see how FIFAs (as in actual Switzerland based FIFA) game turns out. I can imagine Infantino drawing out his graphics behind his magnificent desk during his lunch hour and telling his secretary to get IT to make it into a football game in time for an early September launch. If we get it out a week before EA we’ve cracked it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!