Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
‹ Previous1234
  • tony-hawks-pro-skater-hd-logo.jpg

Tony Hawk is back and it's hopefully not going to be absolute pants. HD redo/remix of the first two games.

The levels confirmed so far are the Mall, Phoenix, New York, School, School 2, Marseilles, Downhill and Venice Beach.
    You can also vote for you favourite THPS3 levels to be added later as DLC on the Facebook page.

Don't think any of the THPS3 levels are worth including personally (Airport maybe, Canada definitely not) but I can't wait to get back to the 2 minute run structure.
    Robomodo are doing it again (The Ride and Shred guys), hoping they'll get the feel of it right. 

Release date, sometime during the summer and it'll be download and under $20....whatever that means for us.

While we wait, worth going back to the past? Or should THPS be let die under a mound of shitty plastic skateboards?
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • I love the physics in Tony Hawk games. Just endless flips and moves off the smallest of jumps.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • Yep, all about the high scores and stupid tricks. 

Hopefully they'll nail that floaty feeling of the first 2 games
  • Jesus. What next? Tony Hawk's Cookin' Mama!

methinks the ship has sailed

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Im so up for this game. I loved the first 4 games. The free flow comboing has more in common with a fighting game than your average sports title.

More of this and hopefully they will just give us fans what we always wanted. Same gameplay, better graphics, more tricks, more stages, yes please!
  • g.man wrote:
    Jesus. What next? Tony Hawk's Cookin' Mama!

methinks the ship has sailed

g.man

nah, this is exactly the ticket. XBLA redo, shiny graphics, and back to basics. I could defo be down for this.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • All over this like a tramp round chips.
  • Don't know why they shit the bed when Skate came out went for the dumb board thing. The original set of games were brilliant, they should have looked to return to them.

That said, I think I enjoyed Thrasher more, twas a shame it was overlooked. Would have been nice to have had a Pro Evo/FIFA kinda thing going on with skateboard games.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I'll be getting this, but it started going south at 3, so happy to focus on the excellent first two games.
  • Olimite wrote:
    I'll be getting this, but it started going south at 3, so happy to focus on the excellent first two games.

Yeah I'd agree there was a dip in 3 but THPS4 was excellent. Still, if they nail this hopefully we'll see a few new levels in the style of 1 and 2
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tony Hawk 3 maps are my favourite.
  • I hated Canada which tainted my whole THPS3 experience.
    It had a nasty infinite grind section that cheapened the whole thing
  • It's all fucking gravy to me.

Also, Project 8 wasn't too bad.
  • 3 was my favourite.
    I hope the new one has a crazy hidden skater, as is tradition. Wolverine, Spiderman and Darth Maul all had great specials, seem to remember a fat cop and a busty cop too.
  • Soundtrack confirmed. Millencolin and Powerman 5000 in there, happy days
    Source
    “Bring the Noise” Anthrax featuring Chuck D
    “Superman” Goldfinger
    “When Worlds Collide” Powerman 5000
    “Heavy Metal Winner” Consumed
    “May 16” Lagwagon
    “No Cigar” Millencolin
    “You” Bad Religion
    “The Bomb” Pigeon John
    “We the People” Lateef the Truthspeaker
    “Marathon Mansion!” Pegasuses-XL
    “Teenage Blood” Apex Manor
    “Please Ask for Help” Telekinesis
    “Flyentology (Cassettes Won’t Listen Remix)” El-P featuring Trent Reznor
    “USA” Middle Class Rut
  • I DON'T CARE WHERE I BELONG NO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE
  • 3 was my favourite. I hope the new one has a crazy hidden skater, as is tradition. Wolverine, Spiderman and Darth Maul all had great specials, seem to remember a fat cop and a busty cop too.

KAT SLATER: PRO SKATER.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • THPS2 is probably my favourite PS1 game. Definitely my most played. I will never get bored of the school level from that game.
  • Hmm, this isn't both games HD's up as I thought, but rather levels from each picked and bundled into a new game. Hmm.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'M TRYIN TO SLEEP
    LOST COUNT OF SHEEP
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Apparently the robotic dude is Robomondo's mascot, but this is looking very tidy indeed.

Robot_Venice_NoseSlide.jpg
  • It is shaping up nicely. Been trying to get a solid release date for this, 11th or 18th of July seems to be the more common dates mentioned.

Unfortunately this is only for XBLA, PSN will have to wait a month later to get their hands on it.
    Disappointing really, shame PS gets bumped when it was the home of these games in the first place.
  • I wouldn't resent a pure mech x skating game.
  • Trading on nostalgia for the first 2 games, I'm probably in.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Shinji wrote:
    It is shaping up nicely. Been trying to get a solid release date for this, 11th or 18th of July seems to be the more common dates mentioned.

It's the 18th Shinji.
  • Don't know why they shit the bed when Skate came out went for the dumb board thing. The original set of games were brilliant, they should have looked to return to them.

That said, I think I enjoyed Thrasher more, twas a shame it was overlooked. Would have been nice to have had a Pro Evo/FIFA kinda thing going on with skateboard games.

Same here, Thrasher was fantastic.
  • Shinji wrote:
    It is shaping up nicely. Been trying to get a solid release date for this, 11th or 18th of July seems to be the more common dates mentioned. Unfortunately this is only for XBLA, PSN will have to wait a month later to get their hands on it. Disappointing really, shame PS gets bumped when it was the home of these games in the first place.
    Still one of the fastest platform jumps I've seen for a Summer of arcade game though.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Nice in-depth article here which answers nearly all questions regarding content

http://www.thetechgame.com/News/sid=3334/tony-hawk-pro-skater-hd-in-depth.html
  • So I gots it. I enjoyed it initially, then I got to the mall level. Narrow lines and horrible hit detection and even input lag is making it very fucking annoying. As is customary, I want to 100% a level before moving on to the next, but this is almost too much.

Who am I kidding, once I see Marseille in HD I'll be in love again.

Anyone else got it?
  • Input lag? Fuck
  • I've been using a wired controller as well. I don't think it's game-breakingly bad, it's just a wee bit noticeable when I jump to a rail.
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!