Man (I feel like a, erm, man)
  • n0face wrote:
    Nothing more manly then a L.A.Z.E.R

That someone else operates?
  • I've had the same fossil hammer since 1987.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My ould man once put a chef knife through his hand while trying to separate two frozen burgers. He also tried to clean the heads on a vcr with a toothbrush thereby permanently ruining it. He is a thoroughly useless cunt though.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My grandfather built his own house, grew orchards around it, found uranium and kept it in a shed, had a gun collection, swam across the Shannon, fought the Brits in 1916, spent time in prison. He was also a thorough cunt, by all accounts, just not a useless one.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Any kind of 'getting soft' shit rests on calcified role definitions barely above beasthood. That shit's over, unless we actually do in fact descend into desert warriorland. Which I will be dead from alcohol long before experiencing.

Kinda saw it as a microcosm of the last 80 years myself, baby boomers living well on the backs of the veterans efforts and their youth under rationing, becoming soft, weak and greedy and creating the hardship that is present for many and seems to be incoming for most of the rest
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • My father-in-law cut into his forearm to the bone when a chainsaw got sucked into his jacket when he was up a tree.  I don't know exactly what happened in the hospital but I know he refused an operation and drove himself home (manual transmission) three hours later.  He might be a Jehovah's Witness these days, but he's still a doublardbastard.
  • My Dad does shit loads of DIY but is far too slow and methodical to get injuries. Everything is planned, considered and measured clinically in advance. No matter how long it takes. I don't think I've ever seen him do anything rash.

Was frustrating as a kid though whenever we were going to get something like a VCR. You'd want to just go to a shop and buy one but he would have to look everywhere, see all the different models, get all the information, and then go home and weigh up the options for a week or so. The chances of going to the shops to look at VCRs and actually returning with one later that day were zero.
  • Having read through this thread I feel more like a man than I ever thought before. Always felt like I was lagging behind in the man points scheme of things. 

In recent years:-
    -I've built a 20 feet long raised flower bed. A rectangular wall with actual cement, pointing, relatively accurate measurement and so on. 
    - Made a shed out of old pallets;
    - fit two fireplaces;
    - moved 2 radiators to opposite ends of rooms involving having floorboards up, welding and cutting pipes; admittedly my British Gas friend helped me on that. 
    - currently planning fitted cupboards and shelving in my lounge. Going to design it all, get the wood cut at the timber merchants and then spend a week in the Summer getting it all sorted. 

Although that doesn't quite paint a realistic picture of my DIY skills. My washing machine stopped working and it seemed to be an issue with the door closing properly. Deducted that the latch wasn't registering as being closed so the washing machine wouldn't turn on. Anyway, my dopey best mate came round to help me fix it. Thought it would be as simple as turning it upside down and fiddling round with the latch and resetting its alignment. Told my BFF to pull the plug out and we could start. The wife and brother-in-law looked on aghast as we rotated the washing machine, water spilling everywhere. Then I stick my arm inside the washing machine and start fiddling with the latch. My BFF hadn't pulled the plug out, so as soon as I sorted the alignment out, the washing machine came to life, but protesting at our rough handling, deigned to fire out electricity from its backside directly into the now lake-like pool of water which I was standing in. I somehow jumped straight up and held myself aloft with an arm on two kitchen cabinets until the dozy tit could pull the plug out. Since then, the wife is reluctant to let me near anything electrical. 

I have also directed a cherry picker (that my step-dad was in) into the chimney of their house, nearly knocking it down. I wouldn't say I have a natural talent for DIY, but apparently God loves a trier.
  • cockbeard wrote:
    Brooks wrote:
    Any kind of 'getting soft' shit rests on calcified role definitions barely above beasthood. That shit's over, unless we actually do in fact descend into desert warriorland. Which I will be dead from alcohol long before experiencing.
    Kinda saw it as a microcosm of the last 80 years myself, baby boomers living well on the backs of the veterans efforts and their youth under rationing, becoming soft, weak and greedy and creating the hardship that is present for many and seems to be incoming for most of the rest

I was going to point out it's an oversimplification and veering too much in the opposite direction (though, maybe, that's intentional). Is that what you did in more words? I'm watching BoJack Horseman so can't be arsed to think too much about what I'm reading.
  • The Life of Stoph.

Would make a great book of anecdotes.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The Life of Stoph.

Would make a great book of anecdotes.

I've already bought it for my secret santa. Shit

• GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Changed the impeller/drain pump on the washing machine today.  Having a celebratory beer now.  Feeling manly.

It's fiddly as fuck though, never again.
  • Carried a nine foot Christmas tree home today up a bloody steep hill. Over one shoulder. No pauses for breath. Manly.
  • I squirted 24 litres of expanding foam into a hole without emotion or skill. Now that's manly.
  • Is that a metaphor? I thought it was more like 10cc?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Wrong thred Zelle
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I'm going to fix the flush on the toilet. I've even bought a flush syphon and everything. This could go seriously wrong.
  • Old school mechanism or new fangled?
    Old ones are easy, new ones are a nightmare.
  • Old school handle flush. Although I've just realised I've got to take the cistern off completely beacuse it's an all in one job and no access underneath. It wasn't like that on YouTube.
  • Maybe I should play Elite Dangerous instead.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Definitely a lower chance of water boarding yourself doing that.
  • Toilite Dangerous.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You found the Elite Dangerous disc?
  • Although I appear to have extra bits left over.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!