Sport Club Greek Mega Thread
‹ Previous12345673750

Hodgson for England looks like it could be a goer, which will no doubt make the summer's Euro shenanigans infinitely more enjoyable than it initially looked like being. Watching Woy's face-rubbing antics on the International stage is a treat I can barely contain myself for.

Also, the Manchester Derby this evening - live Manc-on-Manc action to decide the title. 

Also, other sports and that.....
  • Reckon Hodgson will do a good enough job, in the end it is the same players that are likely to get picked, it's to late in the day for experimentation.
  • He's not the worst manager in the world, but he's very uninspiring for a national coach.

He struggled with the pressure at Liverpool, let alone having the entire nation's media on his back from the minute he walks into the job (bizarrely all the journo's who practically encouraged Roy's unveiling at Anfield seem to be against his appointment as national coach). He's also had trouble dealing with players with big ego's, which is a shame as the England side almost seems like a hand-picked collection of utter cunts.

People should probably talk about things besides football in here, as I realise it's boring as fuck for those who dislike the beautiful game.
  • Well, we will prob make it one game after the group stages anyway so prob best not to waste too good a manager as regardless of who it is they will be persecuted by the press and fired after the tournament.

The F1 is exciting this year, Red bull don't seem to be the dominant force they were, Ferrari won't win the manufacturers while they have Massa. McClaren could have it sewn up but there is a lot of noise being made by some of the 'middle' teams like Lotus-Renault and Mercedes. Good stuff.

• while i'd probably suggest roy is an all round better manager (mainly cos i don't really like redknapp), i'd counter argue that for the England job probably the most important requirement is someone who can fire the boys up and get them playing together, something Redknapp seems much more capable of than Roy hodgson...having a brilliant tactical manager who can put together the best fitness regime and the most well drilled team formations is a bit pointless when they generally only get players for a couple of days every couple of months.  better to just pick players that are already fit, play them where they play for their club and then concentrate on getting the man u players to want to pass to liverpool players etc! ;)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk

Cometh the hour, cometh the Hodge.

Last one makes him look like an evil dictator fleeing the country in the last taxi to the airport as his former homeland burns.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Carter v Trump has been a good old game this afternoon.
  • Carter v Trump has been a good old game this afternoon.

Aww snap I'd almost forgotten the snooker was on, bang goes my productive afternoon. Was great to see Hendry recapture a bit of his former glory against Higgins, and bagging a 147 on the first day was sheer class. Hope he does well in the latter stages.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    He's on tomorrow iirc, remainder of O'Sullivan v Williams tonight. Been a good tournament, getting a lot of the usual names out in the first round.
  • Trump looks devastated after that miss, great final frame.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    This final frame has been superb.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    YES.

Fuck you Trump you cunt haired shitehawk.
  • So then....

City vs Utd tonight.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • I'm thinking a draw, Utd don't *need* to win.
  • They settled for a draw from the off against City away last season. Terrible game.

Hope it's nothing like that. 

Even if City won they'd probably still lose the title somehow.
  • Tevez to score a 90th minute winner while Gary Neville quotes Wes Mantooth

today we spell redemption... R-O-N etc.
  • I'm hoping Fergie aims for a draw, flood the midfield with players, stifle their creativity.

Man City don't perform when Silva is out of the game, shut him down and there's a good chance they'll get through.

Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • It would be a bold gambit to bet against United taking the title.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Silva has not been great for ages. It's all about big Yaya charging up the park.

I want goals so have put a bet on 4-3 City.
  • Utd have looked dreadful defensively at times recently, but they always seem to do just enough.

They'll win the league, no doubt.
  • Hopefully Gary Neville can refrain from another on-air orgasm. 

Although if DS's prediction comes true the commentary box could be knee deep in jizz.
  • Neville's orgasm was the best part of the Chelsea Barca game.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I haven't made a prediction mang, I'm too cool for that shiz.
  • Man City XI: Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy; Silva, Barry, Y Touré, Nasri; Tevez, Aguero

United XI: De Gea; Smalling, Jones, Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs, Park; Rooney

City going for it.
  • Too close to call, my only prediction is that either bottle or the ref will be getting blamed afterwards.
  • I'm willing to bet that this game won't live up to the hype. Hearing it billed at "the most important game in Premier league history" is a bit much, no?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It technically is, due to the full on heated rivalry, and the fact City have won fuck all of note in ages bar the FA Cup.
  • There's been so many mental high scoring games among the top teams this season we can only hope this follows suit and isn't a boring 1-0.
  • Woooooo!
    Come with g if you want to live...
‹ Previous12345673750

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!