adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message

Minecraft is a game about placing blocks to build anything you can imagine. At night monsters come out, make sure to build a shelter before that happens.

The Bear and Badger Community Server

You're very welcome to join us on the community server. You can see the history of our server above. We're currently on our fourth server map. A whitelist is in operation because of previous vandalism. You'll need to post in the thread or PM the relevant people before you can join in the fun. We now have voicechat too! You'll need to download Mumble to take advantage of it.
    Server address: 85.236.100.219:28965
    Mumble voicechat address: 85.236.100.59, port 20937
    The server costs money to maintain. You can contribute to the server costs through our Clan-Pay pot. You'll need to create a Multiplay account to do this. Money will only be used for server renewals.

The Minecraft Store
    You can buy the game, buy a gift code, or buy Minecraft merchandise here.

Twitter
    Various Minecraft staff are on Twitter. You can follow previous lead developer Notch, current lead developer jeb_, and AI programmer jonkagstrom, along with the creator of the soundtrack, C418.

Wiki
    There's a comprehensive Minecraft Wiki, containing lots of information that will help you to play the game.

Official forums
    If these forums aren't enough for you, there are also official Minecraft forums. They're a good way of keeping up with development news, and new mods and texture packs.

Tutorial videos
    paulsoaresjr has a good series of tutorial videos that will help you to learn the ropes. He recently re-did these for the full release of Minecraft.

Fun videos
    The Yogscast have produced hundreds of entertaining Minecraft videos, covering development news, mods and adventure maps. Their most popular series of videos is The Shadow of Israphel, an elaborate Minecraft adventure.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I forgot about the big bear that shits lava.
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    So with Elmlea and metagonzo on here, I take it there's no problems with pimping the server in the OP on here?
  • Absolutely not.  We can even rename it to the Bear & Badger Minecraft Server in a couple of days...!
  • Oh wow, didn't realise the server was still going on! Will have to jump back at some point to see how it's developed since I was last on (about 6 months ago!)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've updated the OP and I'm going to continue to work on it. If you think of anything to add, let me know.
  • My tower is looking very unfinished in that pic, must get mining and finish it off.
  • Has anyone seen Metagonzo over here yet?  I need to admin him on the Mumble server.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Here I is; busy couple of days.

I've got Mumble but have only given it the most cursory of glances. I'll be around-ish throughout the day and properly around tonight (not that that's much use for you). What do you need for said admining? 
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Actually, I don't think I need to be on at the same time.  If you log on, then there's an option in Mumble to "register yourself" or something like that.  That means you reserve your username.  Tell me what username you used, and I can add you to the admin pile.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Ok; I've done this certificate thing. Shockingly, I went for metagonzo as my name.
  • When does the update with the editable books come out? I think that could be pretty much biggest addition to the game in a long time. Exploring is going to be so much more rewarding when you're able to find stories Skyrim style.

We'll be able to create a proper library now!

I did download the test but not got round to seeing how they actually work. Maybe it's not exciting as I think it is.

• I should play this again. My big thing is looking great.
  • I never mentioned this on the Edge forum, but my big floating-Chinese-style building thing from the first server got pictured in Edge Magazine. (it finally felt like the hundreds of hours wasted in Minecraft weren't for nothing :-D) I never even got to finish it! I miss the OG world.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message

I never mentioned this on the Edge forum, but my big floating-Chinese-style building thing from the first server got pictured in Edge Magazine. (it finally felt like the hundreds of hours wasted in Minecraft weren't for nothing :-D) I never even got to finish it! I miss the OG world.

Oh did you get the issue? I mentioned it in the thread cos I couldn't remember who made it, glad you didn't miss it.
  • Yeah [I got that issue], I did read the thread but don't remember/over looked that post I guess. Cheers!

It has been months and months since i've properly played MC but when the next update goes live i'll probably get back into it. Haven't made an awesomely tall building yet, not really played since new height was introduced.
  • just been on for the first time in ages.  Someone's built an aeroplane overflying my castle!  This game never ceases to amaze.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Haha, I thought of trying to do that* once but never got round to it.

I'm guessing that was Elm? :-)

edit: * Not over your castle but a plane.
  • ERE really does deliver quality OPs. ERE for all OPs ever.
  • I think the old forum was holding him back!
  • The planes mine, now we have the new world height expect more floating goodies.
  • Cool, not been on that server yet. Must try and see it sometime.

I like seeing how the worlds have advanced as they go on due to people getting better at the game. What would really be amazing is if we could merge the 4 worlds into one so that each one is basically a city miles away from each other. This is technically possible with editors available but it's be a lot of bother and you'd need a very powerful computer with a lot of memory to pull it off.
  • What are the chances of getting a copy of the current map and creating a minetographer map and hosting it on the b&b server? Cheeky ask maybe but you never know.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Well, at least I'm not mental.
  • On my brother's private server we went to the Nether and gathered all we needed to fight the dragon, so that shall be the next step. Has anyone done it? Are we going to get raped?
    Twitter: Andy_Wharton | PSN: thehumantarget86 | Xbox Live: humantarget86 | Steam: thehumantarget
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    We killed it on the community server. I think the thing to bear in mind is that as long as the Ender Dragon is alive, anything you take into the End is unlikely to come out, so don't take all your supplies in at once.
  • Haven't played since the End came in, how do you get there?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    On the server or generally? You have to find a stronghold with an Ender Portal in it, then you have to craft the things that fit in the edges of it, then it starts working. In the server there's an outpost that's accessible by foot or through a convenient shortcut in the Nether (go down the minecart and then exit at the opening around the bend). I've started hollowing out one of the big obsidian pillars to turn it into my tower, there's cake on the floor if you want it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    New development snapshot:

Minecraft Snapshot 12w18a

Important! This week’s snapshot is extra experimental!

This week we’ve started working on separating the server logic from
    the client. The purpose of this is both to make it easier for us to add
    features (since we don’t have to implement stuff “twice”), and also to
    make it possible for you to invite people to play on your local computer
    without setting up a server. In other words, more like how it works on
    Minecraft: Pocket Edition.

The work has not been completed yet, though, but a snapshot’s a
    snapshot. However, the game should still run fine, and we’ve also made
    some other tweaks:

• More fixes to silk touch and block picking
    • Wooden tools work in furnaces
    • Villagers spawned from spawning eggs will get a random profession
    • Updated language files
    • Etc…

Get the snapshot here:

* The client now comes with both the client-side and the server-side
    JAR files. The file called “minecraft.jar” should be in your
    “.minecraft/bin” folder as usual, and the “minecraft_server.jar” file
    should be in a folder called “.minecraft/server”.

• EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    This mod looks awesome.

‹ Previous123456774

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!