Minecraft for PC
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I'm fucking around with the server so apologies if anyone's trying to connect. Is the next update going to be a world breaker?

Edit: Done, and a foothold has been established if anyone's keen.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • FYI, the update that gave us Jungles, apparently we couldn't have. This was not true as the last server had a jungle. So I don't know if we just got crossed wires, or if it wasn't true.

Oddly this new server has somewhat deflated me. I know that you couldn't wait forever on me, but still. I had hoped though that we'd have another time like the start of the last server, when loads of us came on for the launch of the new server, rather than it just appearing.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I know what you mean but the stats speak for themselves, it's hardly used. I'd also love to see folks on there.

I've got a backup of the old B&B from moments before I restarted it if required.

Edit: with regards to a big launch, with the xbla popularity I couldn't see it happening. If folks are keen, absolutely nothing would make me happier than an organised fresh start with a fresh world. I've made a shed and a farm and would gladly give it up.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Tomorrow morning I'll change the thread title to indicate we've got a new world, maybe that'll drum up a spurt of interest.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Meta, the stuff you've built is in the no edit zone, did you realise that?
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Crap, I always forget that. Oh well, it's only really a staging post for new arrivals. I haven't hunted out my actual spot yet.
  • I'm up for getting involved - the xbla version has piqued my interest sufficiently. So if I purchase the PC version is it just a case of putting the server details from the FP in?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • You need to be on the whitelist, so tell meta your username, but tyhen yeah, server details and away you go.

I'm marking out the edge of the no edit zone now, so no one tries to build something and finds out that half their house can't fit.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Changed thread title.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Meta, the door to the shelter and the gate to the farm don't work because they're in the spawn area. Us normals can't register them as open or shut.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Oh bloody hell; I'm great at this op stuff. Ok, I'll be on in a minute and I'll kill the door and gate. Inside there's a route down to a big old cavern/mine combo I saw during the loading glitches. Looks well worth exploring.
  • I've built a shelter, in it there is a bed, a furnace and workbench.

I've left a box with a couple of swords, a pickaxe, torches, coal, food and wood there too.

Careful if you go into the mine below it though, it goes straight down into lava. I plan to turn this into Obsidian.
  • Is this just a stop gap until the next update or are we moving in permanently.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Is the next update going to require a fresh world? I'd check but I'm trying to keep the sprog out of trouble.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Shouldn't require it, might not have emeralds in the areas we've already spawned, but it'll only be minor things like that. I wouldn't worry about it, it's not like we have to keep this map as long as the old one.
  • Perhaps might be an idea to secure the entrance to that cave. I went down and was confronted by 2 creepers, who chased me up and blew up taking out a great deal of Meta's shelter. It blew up a chest, so I've put all that stuff in a chest in the community shelter, with a sign above it.

This naturally occoured when I was on the way to recover the stuff I dropped when I was killed by a creeper that launched itself at me at about 100 mph around a corner. I assume as a result of a lag spike.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Bummer. Well, everyone's welcome to whatever was in there; not sure if there was anything particularly exciting. Let's stick some doors in at the bottom of the first flight of stairs. I'll do so when I come on later if no one beats me to it.
  • I'll come join in a bit later. I seem to remember a mention of a mumble server a while back? I would personally prefer that to the type chat as I'm not a terribly fast typer.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Mumble:  85.236.100.59:20937
    I might be back on in a bit, I might not. Fractious sprog.
  • Ta muchly. I only just thought to look at the OP, mumble server address was right there, durr I am foolish. I'll be on soon.
  • Virgin snow! I can feel a village coming on.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I ran off into the jungle and haven't looked back.
  • The jungle does look cool, I've seen quite a few cats come wondering out of it.
  • There are now 3 beds in the community shelter, which should help if a few of us jump on.

Sheep are bloody miles away. Will have to bring some closer. Am also going to make a tree farm, which is complicated by the existence of multi coloured planks. A standard one, a pine one a birch one and a massive fucking jungle tree one I think.
  • My little house has got a little out of hand. Fancy using it as the community hub when it's done?
  • Haha, little house?

If you want to use it as the community hub when it's done I'm fine with that. I intended to re-do the current one when we had more stuff anyway.

I have to say, I think I enjoy setting everything up more than the building of structures. Loving getting all the chests filled, and building the tree farm (Which is on the other side of spawn.) Trying to work out how to do the birch/pine one, it seems the first attempt was a little too close together.
  • Erm, I appaear to have spawned underground for some reason. The area is apparantly swampland. Co-ordinates:

X=210
    Y=46
    Z=278

Can anyone confirm where the fuck I am? Am I perhaps below the community shelter?
  • Actually, I've just remembered where I was. I was in my mine tunnel. Can someone pop down there and see what the co-ords are at the end of it? I logged out I think in the middle tunnel. At the end of it there is a big dug out bit on the left where I was getting gravel.
  • I'll probably be able to pop on in a couple of hours and check for you. Is the entrance the door by the community shelter?
  • Decided to risk a dig up. Come out at 210 72 309. No idea where this it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!