I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Without a radical overhaul of the on-foot controls, I'm not interested. Lock-on in 3D games just feels like a clunky hangover from the days when console manufacturers would only spring for one analogue stick on a pad and developers always assigned it to movement, often making the most of this innovation by inserting an incredibly tedious section where you'd have to move very slowly to get past a guard but you'd get impatient and push a bit too hard and have to restart over and over again.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I like both GTA and Saints Row.

Sue me.
  • I gave yet to experience any of the Rows. Give 1 and 2 the body swerve and head straight for 3 seems to be the consensus.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'd agree with that
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    2 was good.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I had fun with GTAIV, but most of that fun came from hooking up with three friends online and making up our own little mini games to while away the evenings.  Barely touched the single player.
    Get schwifty.
  • I only ever really played San Andreas a great deal. Avoided IV because it just sounded like it was trying too hard to build up a proper story, and that seems like a misunderstanding of what GTA is all about. The main draw of GTA has to be its hedonism, in the most pessimistic sense of running riot and causing destruction precisely because there's no deeper meaning to the world - it's just a hotch potch of popular culture references. The more it tries to inject meaning through characters and story the more it loses that one truly satirical point IMO.
  • the multiplayer on GTAIV was potentially amazing and generated some massive LOLS.  but it faded away quickly for me for two main reasons:
    1. the PC version quickly became a vile den of hacks and cheats
    2. by the time i'd opened steam, launched the game, logged into rockstar, game booted, logged into windows live, had to load the single player game, then get on the mobile phone, then switch to multiplayer, then try to find a game...ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    I only ever really played San Andreas a great deal. Avoided IV because it just sounded like it was trying too hard to build up a proper story, and that seems like a misunderstanding of what GTA is all about. The main draw of GTA has to be its hedonism, in the most pessimistic sense of running riot and causing destruction precisely because there's no deeper meaning to the world - it's just a hotch potch of popular culture references. The more it tries to inject meaning through characters and story the more it loses that one truly satirical point IMO.

You could still have the riot and ignore the story though. I did complete the stories but spent far more time (many hours) baiting cops and seeing how long I could last.

If V combines some of the silliness of SA with a slightly more sober outlook influenced by IV then I'm very keen.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    My biggest gripe with IV is that I have all pigeons bar one, I have a guide that shows me where all 200 are but I'll be fucked if I'm revisiting 199 different locations only to see I've already been there...

I do wish this was a launch title for the next consoles but I'll still be booking a week off work for launch presuming I have enough holiday left after Goodwood, Spa, Benalmadena and the time I've already had off to go to Ibiza!
  • Never played it. Never got excited about it. Probably because I have no soul.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yep.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Never played it. Never got excited about it. Probably because I have no soul.

you really should!
    Spoiler:
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    the multiplayer on GTAIV was potentially amazing and generated some massive LOLS.  but it faded away quickly for me for two main reasons: 1. the PC version quickly became a vile den of hacks and cheats 2. by the time i'd opened steam, launched the game, logged into rockstar, game booted, logged into windows live, had to load the single player game, then get on the mobile phone, then switch to multiplayer, then try to find a game...ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

play it on a console then you only have to do the select phone>multiplayer>game type.

for all the shit its took thru the last 2 forums about it not being a [10] and all the flak for having a more serious tone and all that, it sure were a blast on multi, in the first few weeks especially when even ian edge and the rest played with some of us on cops and crooks and other modes.

team deathmatch rpg's only were a right laugh too with loads of folks.

• The mp had so much potential and could be a laugh but if they just had decent third person shooting it would be brilliant. There's just no skill, tension or fun in the way it is now.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    The mp had so much potential and could be a laugh but if they just had decent third person shooting it would be brilliant. There's just no skill, tension or fun in the way it is now.

theres skill in free aiming, turn it to free aim only and the skill soon comes.
    (same applies to max payne 3)

• That's great if everyone else does, which they won't. I just want to be able to recreate the bank job shoot out from heat and liberty city in IV was the right place but the shooting and walking for that mater just couldn't reproduce my dream. Here's hoping for V.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    That's great if everyone else does,

sorry mate what i meant were ....the host can set it to free aim only.
    (i prefer to host most times for this reason in games like this, max payne 3 does the same i think)

• Really must finish GTA4. I even restarted late last year to actually get trophies, but the game has now decided to stop giving them to me anyway and wants me to restart to get trophies. I always get to opening up the third island then get bored and let it gather dust again. Gone back to finishing RDR and enjoying that far more.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I found horsing my way around an incredibly pretty landscape more enjoyable then driving around a drab graphically-underwhelming cityscape. I hope they've managed to make GTAV prettier, on both an aesthetic and technical level.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    It'll still be a soulless hollow thud. Mark 'em.
  • Most games are, Mod. It's all smoke and mirrors, no matter how good the technology.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Not all games, just most Rockstar ones.

Saint's Row is brimming with it for example.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    brimming with what?

i found saints 3 to be hollow and souless, almost soul destroyingly so.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    As I did with 4. Once I'd left the first island, and saw that it was basically more of the same, t'was a whole 'fuck this'. Same with RDR.
  • I 100%eded it within a month and 'won' a medal key thing. Sold that shit for £120 on eBay. Totally how I roll.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • I thought the city in GTAIV had plenty of soul, it was fun that was lacking. A lot of the non-essential stuff in San Andreas didn't really work that well, but stripping it all out and replacing it with all those phone calls and the slightly one note gang wars was a big step backwards.
  • But I hated Saint's Row 2.
    I got bored of SR2, but SR3 had me giggling at times. 

It's fun. Remember THAT stuff, GTA?!

That's the thing - half of us seem to want wacky and zaney fun whilst the other half of us want something a little more serious.

I hated all of the "flying mini helicopters around building sites" shite in the older GTA games. I loved the more serious tone of GTA IV - it had an atmosphere about it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'd like mental plots in a photo realistic world.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!