Destiny 2 - Developed by Bungie
  • Skade wrote:
    Got beat a lot more this week in trials, but still having fun. Landed exactly that roll of the messenger just now @stormy. I haven't used a pulse in PvP in years but will be giving this a go.

Oh you fucker. I focussed two more engrams this afternoon searching for that and got trash.
  • Messenger can roll Encore now, which seems like it'd be a serious proposition in PvP. I have a ZenMo/Desp Messenger from a season or so ago that I've got about 100 kills on, wouldn't mind something even nastier.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Got a nice Sola's from Trials last night with Tireless Blade and Chain Reaction!
  • Nice going! I really want that sword with Chain Reaction, such a crazy weapon. Can't face any more Trials this week though.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Yeah it's fun, took it for a test drive earlier.
  • I've been on the same Legendary Lost Sector for the last 3 hours trying to get the Necrotic Grips for my Warlock. 18 runs in total before my first exotic dropped and it was the Nothing Manacles. I'm done. 

Fuck Legendary Lost sectors.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Loving this build and loadout at the moment. Swapping in Outbreak Perfected when needed (I still fucking love that gun) with almost always up invis for near instant reload/recovery. Strength / Resilience build.

?imw=2048&imh=1152&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true
  • Got to 5 outta 7 wins on a solo Trials card yesterday. If a pisshand like me can get that far, I'd say the matchmaking is kind of... working?
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I dunno, it's an impossible system to develop but it's much better than what it was. Got 7 wins over the weekend however Friday night was tough, got matched against loads of gilded flawless teams... Saturday and Sunday were much better, but that's always been the case as the 'pros' have all gone flawless by then and fucked off, leaving match making a little more palatable.

Loving chain reaction on Sola's, lots of fun to just play around with.
  • What I desperately want still is an endless fuckaround PvP 'training mode', where you can just shoot eachother without scorecounting or timelimit, an equivalent of PvE instancing. Having to be booted back to orbit to rematch after any versus mode is fucking tedious.
    Having it so a certain portion of patrol area becomes a rotating live fire danger zone could be pretty amusing.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Having it so a certain portion of patrol area becomes a rotating live fire danger zone could be pretty amusing.

I've been harping on about that since 2013. Why no open-world pvp skirmishes Bungo?

Also, can we ta fook have a training dummy somewhere in the tower where we can we can perform DPS checks?

kthxbai
  • Would love a proper firing range/training area. I'm not against PvP skirmish areas as part of patrol zones either (I'm sure they could fix it with the lore,) but they'd need to be new areas purposely designed for PVP with more cover and somewhat restricted sightlines. With any area in the game currently, you'd die to a sniper shot the second you entered.
  • You could put in existing crucible maps.
  • Wasn't the tribute hall perfect for that?
  • Yes. And they got rid of it in BL.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    Wasn't the tribute hall perfect for that?

Even still, it should be in the tower so (and yes I know you could use DIM) you can access your vault and other items without having to load in and out of instances. Maybe somewhere down in the hanger, plenty of room down there.
  • I keep hoping that door the Crow is guarding is gonna pop open to reveal the trib hall replacement, and that the Crow will be configurable as a bot we can shoot at.
  • really enjoyed chat time with my BFF Savathun this week and honestly wondered for a moment if she was talking about my penis
  • really enjoyed chat time with my BFF Savathun this week and honestly wondered for a moment if she was talking about my penis

Fourth wall breaking for me playing as a female hunter.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Same as a female Warlock, and same with that Cayde comment. Felt like Savathun was definitely talking to me rather than my Guardian. 

In other news, after some trash luck in Legendary Loast Sectors recently I managed to get both Radiant Dance Machines and Star Eater Scales inside an hour last night. Also got the Ager's Scepter catalyst and played around with the new Elemental Shards mod and holy shit what have Bungie done!?! This is amazing! So many synergies going on here between the weapon, the Stasis subclass, and mods that it feels like a legit evolution of everything those systems have offered 'til now. 

I am properly impressed.
  • Dance machines just wouldn't drop for me last night.

Tried trials yet this week? Will be interesting to see if the moving "control" point works.
    Can-of-sprite
  • Just tried it. Seemed to work, insofar as I won.
  • I'll give it a go tomorrow. What the fuck has happened to me? 

Anyhoo, finally got the Necrotic Grips for my Warlock and I've been playing around with them and Thorn on the broken-arse bottom tree Dawnblade. Seeing Thorn proc the chaining poison effect of the supposedly melee focussed gauntlets and decimate everything on screen is pretty crazy, and it's even crazier when every burning effect of the sub-class - from grenade to super - procs the poison as well. 

Also made an infinite grenade build for the same subclass. My mods are identical for each build so it's just a quick swap from Necrotic Grips to Mantle of Battle Harmony and from Thorn to Sunshot and you've got PC performance killing levels of explosions to enjoy. It's beautiful. Edit: My Devour build runs on mostly the same armour and mods as well, just with Nezarec's and Traveler's Chosen.

Unfortunately, switching between these and the Elemental Shards/Ager's Septer build on my Warlock is a right pain due to the number of changes I have to make, so I think I'm gonna lean into the Scepter with my Hunter instead, and make do with simply dreaming of multiple loadout slots.
  • Yeah, downside of Titan is they just have no fancy builds at all. On the upside, they have no fancy builds at all and I am very lazy.
  • They certainly used to. I had a build for infinite melee for example.
  • But these days there's fancy and there's fancy. With the various new general mods they've added to the game plus the Elemental Well and Charged with Light mods, I reckon every class has a few properly busted builds. 

I'm gonna look into the Titan's version of the Solar never-ending explosions build next. You can build for either infinite abilities or almost infinite abilities and the kind of overcharged solar weapon damage that just wasn't possible pre-well mods. Bottom tree Sunbreaker, Heart of Inmost Light or Path of the Burning Steps, combined with Sunshot or Ticuu's are the primers. I'll need to farm Burning Steps if I want to run Ehroar's solar weapon damage + ability spam build though. 

Unfortunately, this build seems to have a habit of crashing the Astral Alignment activity due to the sheer amount of effects and explosions going on, and it also crashed Ehroar's PC while he was trying it out in a Lost Sector. 

Annoying, but also kind of awesome. 

The first part of this vid goes over the theory crafting of the build on Warlock, switching to the Titan at 4:50. 

• or you could just run fusions and particle decon and ignore all that stuff
  • Bingo. If I'm going to piss around with a complicated mod loadout, it needs to viable for endgame GMs and shit. A lot of the stuff I see on the youtubes seems like it's great for add clear in patrols, but so is fucking everything at that level.
  • Yup. The Warlock Thorn/Necrotic Grips build is legit suitable for most content though, as it allows you to also run your fusions and particle decongestant.

Champion content is its own weird thing (besides 1290 Nightfalls which are a breeze) and you're probably gonna want to switch at least one weapon out from whatever your regular loadout is for something with champ mods for that shit.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Yeah, downside of Titan is they just have no fancy builds at all. On the upside, they have no fancy builds at all and I am very lazy.

To be fair, Warlocks are the only ones with fancy builds. Bastards.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!