Slay the Spire: B&B GOTY 2018, 2020, 2021, and Forum Pariah 2019
  • Just one more win to go before I can put this down (right...). 

In the early ascensions I thought Watcher felt the most powerful, but I've obviously forgotten how to play her. Still - 19 down and just 20 to go. All the others are done.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Is that with Heart runs? ;-)
  • I'm stuck on asc 16 heart run with Silent.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Is that with Heart runs? ;-)

La la la, can't hear you.
  • I have a seed for silent where the hardest fight in the game (up to act 4) is the bird you fight on floor 1. I think I got a turn 1 victory against every opponent from floor 3 or 4 onwards. I will see if I can find it later, then more will make sense
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just had my best Watcher run ever at Asc 12. The combo of relics and cards was pretty much perfect. Strength Relic where you can lift at a rest site, combined with that little red statue that gives 8 strength on first attack, with the Elite strength relic. Even snake head guy, who I always find a bit tricky was done in a turn.

72-A38-F63-F635-43-AA-B56-B-704-C6-A965-D28.png

A9455-F5-F-7856-465-E-B4-AB-BFE4-AC18-F849.png
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I thought the last run was my best. This one was stupid good, too many great relics. Not a scratch, not a fuckin’ scratch.

A11732-F0-63-C7-432-F-A302-6-A798-D0036-EA.png

EAAC0-E9-E-EEA8-448-C-8-CA3-2-BFFED65-F1-E6.png
  • There we are - A20 on everything. Last run with watcher was absolutely bonkers - snecko, omniscience and alpha. Somehow I also managed to pick up two ragnarok's, a spirit shield and a deva form. Still not good for the heart though as I had to heal at the last fire.
  • Nice. Spirit shield is such a great card.

I'm back at ac1 with silent. Haven't quite done it yet, but have made it deep into heart fight 3 times and making act 3 at least most times, so it'll happen soon.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Finally did Asc12 with Watcher, with a bit of a nothing deck - a lot of defence cards and quite a few stance changing ones. Relics giving me extra energy and quite a few lucky turns with the incense burner got me through some scrapes.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Did Asc13 with Defect on my first attempt. All of the heavy lifting was done lots of lightning and ice along with defrag, capacitor, data disc and a combination of biased cognition, core surge and a couple of Seek+ to get them into my hand early doors. Hadn't realised that the artifact from core surge negates the focus reduction from BC. Ended up with 8 focus for most fights and just tore through 75% of the game. Very satisfying.
  • That mechanic puts into a fresh light the artifact card and the artifact relic.

I haven't tried, but presume it also works with fasting for Watcher?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep artefact is very powerful for pretty much most builds. If you can get Duality with Watcher and the relic you can get ridiculously good defence.
  • As is frequently the case, when you win, you really win. Got blessed by rng with relics out the wazzoo and synergies everywhere. Heart ac1 with Silent smashed.

Onto defect.
  • If you’ve done a20 already might as well just move onto heart a20 too? Or you want to do it at every other difficulty level first?
  • I need the practice. And I like to mix characters. Really need to start planning better for heart etc.
  • Took less than half the attempts to do first heart run with defect compared to silent.

Watcher to go and I'll have done ac1 heart with all.
  • I would have thought playing a1 is no practice at all. Aren’t you just unlearning? It just teaches you that certain decks/synergies are perfectly valid, when actually they definitely aren’t at higher ascensions.
  • There's an element of that for sure, but I forget what cards do what per character.

So always like to ease in.

As much as anything, seeing the heart a few times is as helpful as anything.

Also, I have this, ring of pain and goddamn ms solitaire on expert and above going at the moment, sometimes I need a break from getting my butt kicked. ;)
  • I finally got past asc 18 on the red guy.

It was a win but I had snecko and 3 perfect strikes, shockwave, the fiend fire and that red bull thing that increases damage in the first hit and that event that upgrades all strikes and defends.
  • Red guy???

Edit: ah, Ironclad.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Watcher done on second attempt. So that's all done with heart. Now to skip a few aiming for some ac20 heart runs.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Currently trying to finish off Defect and Watcher up to 20 (currently 16) before starting Heart runs.
  • 3FHVHR5E787P

highly recommend this seed with silent. it is essential to trade your starting relic in exchange for a bit of pandoras box madness. There can't be many other seeds out there where the starting fight is the hardest you face in the run. think I won every round on turn one from floor 2 or 3 right up until time eater at the end.
  • Nice.

I just screwed the pooch with ironclad when I got dead branch early. Snecko came too. What a fuck up.
  • maybe surprises aren't interesting enough. when you take relic swap with that seed all your strikes and defends get swapped for adrenalines. taking out  the bird on floor one with just the one attack for 3 damage isn't so easy, but after that it's a piece of piss, and a lot of fun too
  • That's me up to Asc14 with everyone now, having finished it with Watcher. Took a gamble on Pandora on the second boss and got a shit load of Mantra cards which then breezed me through the third act. It felt a lot easier on 14 than it did between 11-13.
  • 3FHVHR5E787P highly recommend this seed with silent. it is essential to trade your starting relic in exchange for a bit of pandoras box madness. There can't be many other seeds out there where the starting fight is the hardest you face in the run. think I won every round on turn one from floor 2 or 3 right up until time eater at the end.

This is a very silly seed- it's got to be reverse engineered - right? I thought Time Eater was harder than the first fight, but on reflection I killed all elites, and all bosses bar the heart with the loss of 0 health. The heart hit me for one total.

To make things more fun I picked up the prismatic shard from the last shop, and the last elite dropped improved scrape (draw 5 I think, put back anything that doesn't cost 0), which turned out to be a great addition to the deck.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    puKowg3.jpg

A really nfun run with Silent on my phone today. The deck just worked really nicely. I rarely went under 3/4 health.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s a cracking collection of relics.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!