Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Was a race - on the smallish side though (1400 runners)
  • Sub 1:30 beckons…
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hmm, maybe. Flatter course would help for sure, but more training on top and I guess probably doable. Not sure I cba with the grind tho - definitely prefer slightly shorter distances!
  • Anybody got a spin bike or rowing machine? Need to get something in the garage (no power) for grim days like this, i do some youtube hitt things indoors but its not the same
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Had a good couple of weeks exercise wise:

Did Parkrun while we were away for our anniversary last weekend, and did my fastest 5k ever, an average of 5:22 per km - not very fast compared to some of you lot but better than I've done previously!

Also sweated my way through a tough grading today and got my 4th kyu in karate. Onto the brown belts and more serious training going forward :)
  • Great stuff, well done!
  • Nicely done! Keep plugging away at it, every lesson in the dojo is one step closer to the 1st Dan. Then the real fun begins!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Doctor's orders to exercise due to recent events.  I can't remember the last time I posted in this thread (which I created), but I guess it's time to get back on track!

So.  Is there a "couch to 5k" equivalent for cycling?  I can't run anymore, because injuries.

Also also, what's a good iOS-compatible watch?  I moved to the 13 Mini only to discover my Galaxy Watch 4 doesn't work with it :(

x
  • We have a monthly video submission challenge with my karate instructor groups in which one person selects a sequence of techniques from a kata of their choice and then asks every other instructor to submit their ideas.

I've decided to tease mine and create a mini trailer for my submission.

What do you think?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Also just found this from quite a few years ago when I was younger, fitter, less grumpy and tired and years of marriage and kids hadn't worn me down... Lol

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    What do you think?

Pretty weak showing if you can't even beat a spaghetti monster IMHO. Solid camera work tho.
  • I think that’s just wonderful.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    What do you think?

Pretty weak showing if you can't even beat a spaghetti monster IMHO. Solid camera work tho.

Heh!
  • I've been planning a comeback in a big way this year.
    Having not graded beyond 2nd Dan for the last 10 years (I've been training and studying across multiple martial arts studies but without being tied to a particular sensei, rather just training under everyone) I've decided that I'm going to gain my black belt in Koryu Uchinadi Kembo Jujitsu under Hanshi Patrick McCarthy.

I've been working the syllabus, trying to get my skills back up in and around the incredibly busy home life.

Last night I carved out half hour for some time with the heavy bag.
    6 minutes into my warmup rounds I moved to the left for a quick left hook as I moved off centre line and felt a "pop" in my right calf.
    I dropped to the deck and realised I'd torn my right calf muscle.

So that's me fucked for a while.

Perfect
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    :-(
  • Fuck!  I'm sure you're doing what you need to do - ice and rest and elevation and all that jazz.  Give it a day or so then start heat and massage and stretches and shit.

Don't worry, you'll be back up and running/sparring in no time.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yep, hurts like hell to walk right now.
    I've been icing it, resting it and keeping it elevated. No swelling now just very sore.
    I'm confident it's not the Achilles as I've done that before and that was dramatically worse and obviously pain was much lower down
    This feels much deeper in the belly of the calf muscle, higher up and I still have movement of the ankle. Just hurts to walk
  • What's nice is that once I posted about my intentions on my karate instructors Facebook group I've had so many people reach out and offer to train with me.
    One of which is a former instructor of mine who said he is also trying to get graded this year under McCarthy so wants to work together to help each other through it.

He's awesome, from Trinidad and in his late 70s, he's so full of wisdom yet hits like an absolute freight train. Sparring with him is a lesson in tactics and strategy every time
  • Ah mate, that’s so annoying. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. My training’s been going ok but I overdid it when I had a week off and now my Achilles is lightly buggered. It’s probably mostly because I’ve got no discipline with food or drink at the mo so I’m too heavy! Done a full day fast today to try and get back in the game.
  • Overdoing it is a real risk as we age.
    I've got to accept that I'm no longer 20 years old and have to warm up low and slow for a good while prior to intense sparring drills
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Two rounds of golf tomorrow. Another on Saturday. That's about 400 shots for me lol. Gonna be in pain on Sunday no doubt...
  • I’ve been doing yoga since the new year and its fucking incredible.  Nailed my first full on lift last night and feel like a champ because of it.
  • Awesome sauce.
    I want to practice Yoga but there're no classes near me or within reasonable driving distance.
  • I’ve really taken a shine to it. Obviously it helps that it turns out I’m not total shit at it but I find it really useful. I’m not too hot on the spiritual and mindfulness side of it but the actual physical side is ace.
  • See I love the spiritual and mindfulness side but the physical side would really benefit me. I've spent nearly 30 years in the world of martial arts, lots of percussive impact and hard training has left lots of injuries and various pains.

A "softer" practice such as yoga would really help support my body as I age.
  • Yoga with Adrianne on YouTube. Good to get up in the morning with.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    Yoga with Adrianne on YouTube. Good to get up in the morning with.

Winner!
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    My karate has gotten to the point where it really starts to get a bit more serious now.
    Had my grading on Sunday and got my provisional 3rd kyu (sounds like half a grade, but is just the way we do things once we hit brown belt, given you then take longer to get the next kyu)

My Sensei was pretty happy with my kata so he started teaching me one I will need in a while, which is very different from any of the ones we have done so far. My brain seems to 'get' learning kata so this is exactly the sort of thing I am wanting.
  • I’ve been doing yoga since the new year and its fucking incredible.  Nailed my first full on lift last night and feel like a champ because of it.

Sorry, don't know much about yoga, but what do you mean by a (full on) lift?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Like a big yoga fart. It was pure lifting.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!