Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm actually tempted by the PSN store version.
  • I'm loving this. Very unforgiving but tonnes of atmosphere. The visuals are very good but the audio is the stand out thing for me. Best I've heard in a long time. If you're not playing this game in 5.1 then you are seriously missing out.
    An introduction level wouldn't have gone amiss though tbh. Been stuck twice now as I simply wasn't aware of an ability or what an icon did.
    Spoiler:
  • I'm enjoying it but were there anything else out at the mo I would've left this on the back burner.The controls and inventory just seem overly complicated for an FPS,and there's been a couple of occasions where I had no idea what to do. Stuck in a train as I can't walk through cobwebs, without any instruction what do you do? Try a knife? Nope. Try finding any other way around? Nope. Wait for an idea from the NPC stood two metres away waiting for you to open the way? Nope, nothing. Throw grenades at it, normal and incendiary, nada.

Look it up on google, press left on the d-pad to get up a bullet shaped lighter you were never told about in any way shape or form and walk through it.
  • Is that lighter bit Last Light or 2033? Have played the latter and don't remember such cumbersome design.

Noticed the redux double pack on the Xbox dash store for only £29.99, presumably the US store is cheaper still.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • DP, Cloudflare error bollocks, put another 50p in the meter somebody.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Works out more expensive if you buy it twice though.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Is that lighter bit Last Light or 2033? Have played the latter and don't remember such cumbersome design.

Noticed the redux double pack on the Xbox dash store for only £29.99, presumably the US store is cheaper still.

2033, I can't remember it from when I played through it on the 360 either to be honest.

I think its actually more on the US store, I had a look but can't remember.
  • Works out more expensive if you buy it twice though.

I got 2033 for the bargain price of frig all from this here forum. Played and enjoyed it twice but am interested in how it plays after being improved, apparently the original has received the most in the way of buffing.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Great value at £15 too.

Where's that from then?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Works out more expensive if you buy it twice though.

I got 2033 for the bargain price of frig all from this here forum. Played and enjoyed it twice but am interested in how it plays after being improved, apparently the original has received the most in the way of buffing.

I was getting at your double post, but then you knew that didn't you, you stealth editing swine.
  • US price is more $50 for Metro Redux
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Crikey, Metro Redux in cheaper on UK store shocka (by a few penneth).

Sparky, in my mind you'd posted that ages after my edit.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    I'm enjoying it but were there anything else out at the mo I would've left this on the back burner.The controls and inventory just seem overly complicated for an FPS,and there's been a couple of occasions where I had no idea what to do. Stuck in a train as I can't walk through cobwebs, without any instruction what do you do? Try a knife? Nope. Try finding any other way around? Nope. Wait for an idea from the NPC stood two metres away waiting for you to open the way? Nope, nothing. Throw grenades at it, normal and incendiary, nada.

Look it up on google, press left on the d-pad to get up a bullet shaped lighter you were never told about in any way shape or form and walk through it.

Stuck on that myself. Reloaded cos I assumed it was a bug. Worked it out eventually.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Yeah I did the same. Thought in my searching everything routine I'd missed something important he'd said. Nope.
  • Hah. All of us l33t gamerz befuddled by the same bloody spiderwebs. We're awesome.
  • Bojangles wrote:
    Hah. All of us l33t gamerz befuddled by the same bloody spiderwebs. We're awesome.

3 of us?! Brilliant!!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    press left on the d-pad to get up a bullet shaped lighter you were never told about in any way shape or form and walk through it.

Er, pretty sure the game tells you about using the lighter to check your objectives in dark environments. I remember getting the lighter out in Artyom's room, which is where you start the game proper.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • It said something about the compass...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Fucking console gamers.
  • Says something about the compass. And why do I need the lighter if I have a torch? And everybody knows lighters destroy spiderwebs but guns, knives and grenades don't.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    It said something about the compass...

Yeah, I think (IIRC) the sequence was "press this to check your compass/objectives. If it's dark, press this to get your lighter out".
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Fucking console gamers.

Only with their expressed consent.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Says something about the compass. And why do I need the lighter if I have a torch? And everybody knows lighters destroy spiderwebs but guns, knives and grenades don't.

BUT RAPPERS DO !!
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I'm a total wuss when it comes to scary games.  Is this a scary game, or an atmospheric FPS?
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Says something about the compass. And why do I need the lighter if I have a torch? And everybody knows lighters destroy spiderwebs but guns, knives and grenades don't.

BUT RAPPERS DO !!

Instant laugh spitting my egg whites all over the place.

I wanna rap, I wanna rhyme, heard it in a song now im into gun crime!!
    Elmlea wrote:
    I'm a total wuss when it comes to scary games.  Is this a scary game, or an atmospheric FPS?

I'd say atmospheric FPS with one or two scary parts that you can run through!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    I'm a total wuss when it comes to scary games.  Is this a scary game, or an atmospheric FPS?

I still find this brilliant, you fly fighter jets for a living, but don't like Dead Space. :)

There are sections that are creepy, but there are little to no 'jump scares'. It's not as scary as modern Resident Evils, even. It's more tension than fear.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    There's a section in Moscow tower blocks that dips into horror.
  • Absolutely loving this. Weirdly I own a 360 copy but never gave it a chance. I picked it up just before the X1 launched and I was just too hyped about NEXT GEN to play it. I never picked up on much hype around it which is strange because it's sooo good. I've just passed the railcart section after escaping the Nazis.
    I'm playing on Ranger mode. I think. There was another step up that I considered but avoided. Is it a big jump?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Bojangles wrote:
    There was another step up that I considered but avoided. Is it a big jump?

IIRC it's the mode that completely removes the HUD, so you'd need a good memory to keep track of how much ammo you have. As for difficulty, I couldn't comment. I found Ranger mode as hard as the normal mode; while you get less ammo in Ranger and enemies do more damage, they also take less, too. What stopped me completing 2033 on Ranger was a lack of gas mask filters. The next mode up could do the same trick again, changing things rather than going for out and out difficulty.
  • I can't believe it's possible for you to miss and NPCs instructions because you're not following him as you're looking for supplies in a new area and thus have not a single fucking clue what to do as enemies continue to respawn and for him to NEVER repeat them again... even if you restart the checkpoint.. thanks for that!
  • Bob wrote:
    I can't believe it's possible for you to miss and NPCs instructions because you're not following him as you're looking for supplies in a new area and thus have not a single fucking clue what to do as enemies continue to respawn and for him to NEVER repeat them again... even if you restart the checkpoint.. thanks for that!

Haha,you gotta be talking about the CURSED STATION!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!