Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oh ffs
  • Classic Moot Muzzy
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • This year could/should actually be quite significant for me. We really want to leave Cyprus before the end of the year, whether or not I get one of the postdoc research jobs I'm applying for, so if not I have to make freelancing work, or get a teaching job somewhere. The wife's also at a similar make or break point with her research work. So by the end of the year it will have all started to pay off or we'll have to reassess what we're doing and come up with a new plan.
  • Job wise, our owner has been bought for big bucks and we don’t quite know what’s happening. So... well... I don’t have any plans per se but might be forced to make plans sometime Q1 or Q2 depending on what happens with our firm/dept.
  • Saving hard for a house this year. 

Financially, me and the mrs are in the best position we have ever been in now that we both work... and I'm doing extra freelance work in the evenings to boost the pot. Its taken a long time to get where we are but fingers crossed we can maintain it... and then of course find a decent place to buy.
  • Hoping the littlest gets into a decent primary.

Hoping our house sells.

Hoping Newcastle don't go down.

Maybe we'll even move house again.
  • I'm just hoping I don't die.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • digi wrote:
    I'm just hoping I don't die.

Kicked the fags again?
  • digi wrote:
    I'm just hoping I don't die.

Kicked the fags again?
    Trying.

Learned I have diabetes on Xmas eve, sugar levels should be 43 or lower and mine is 86.
    Blood pressure so high they tried both arms 3 times each, 98 being lowest and 152 for 3 others.

Could be the worst year ever for me as there's a possibility that liverscum could win league and I could die the very next day!
  • Ooof, that’s quite a thing to learn on Xmas Eve!
    Good news is that these things are manageable now and the risks of dying from them once you know they exist is easily lowered through careful management and lifestyle adjustments.
    You’ll live another year
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • My doctor said, don't forget, complex carbs (bread, pasta etc) break down to sugar too. Cut down on them too.
  • My best mate got diagnosed with type 2 two years ago. He said it was a complete shock.
    I reminded him he drank 2 litres of cherry coke a day with a whole pack of tangfastics with every lunch.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Ooof, that’s quite a thing to learn on Xmas Eve!
    Good news is that these things are manageable now and the risks of dying from them once you know they exist is easily lowered through careful management and lifestyle adjustments.
    You’ll live another year

Yeh day before I turned 42.
    WorKid wrote:
    My doctor said, don't forget, complex carbs (bread, pasta etc) break down to sugar too. Cut down on them too.

This is the hard part I eat cheaply and I'm a very fussy eater.
  • The answer is not to eat. Fast more often and for longer.
  • cooking twice a week for the mrs
    saving money
    not drinking so often or as much
    not doing other things like that as much at all 
    not buying more spray paint till i've used all of the paint i've still got! 
    playing more video games to save money and feel better about my shame list
    continue Olivia 1sts with my daughter from last year
    be a better bf where i can be
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    But Cherry Coke is the best coke
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:

It's ok they do Cherry Zero now.
  • Reaching 100000 downloads on the podcast.
    Reach £1000 on the kickstarter campaign I'm running for same podcast.
    Attend airecon in March.
    Possibly go to UKGE in June.
    Finish and publish first boardgame by end of 2019.
    Dip into this place more.
    Achieve blue belt in tae kwon do.

That's probably enough.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Nice. Keep us updated on the above Rev. Some neat goals there.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Dip into this place more.

This is the only one that matters.
  • Is this kickstarter live now?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    cockbeard wrote:
    It's ok they do Cherry Zero now.

I am disgust
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Cherry coke is fucking rank and I’m judging you hard for drinking it.
  • I miss Orange Coke. I once had chocolate coke in TGI Friday.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Cherry coke is fucking rank and I’m judging you hard for drinking it.

It's like once a month if that. To be honest the sugar and caffeine is enough to knock me sideways as I rarely have any other sources of it 

Aspirations for 2019 
    Create a half decent website to showcase work as a virtual CV 
    Use that to aim at higher value contracts
    Create blog/vlog with stream of consciousness rants for amusement value
    Drink a fuck tonne less
    Smoke a fuck tonne less
    Build an adult cabin bed (oxymoron I know)
    Move into an adult home (would negate need for cabin bed as more space)
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Our visa ends at the end of this year, so we'll need to decide if we're gonna stay in the US for longer.

I need to get back to learning vfx again, if there's a chance I need to find a job next year I better have something prepared. It's just it can be frustrating to learn if you've been struggling with something and then your partner comes home and says "oh you just need to chance this" and you still don't understand what went wrong and everyone around you knows better and you'll never catch up. Why bother.

Also need to get back to exercising. Gave up earlier last year as it just didn't feel right anymore. I was struggling with everything and always tired. Already prepared a new exercise program with mostly things that I'll enjoy. Quit the gym as I hated the atmosphere there (full of veterans and bored housewives) and will use the limited gym near our apartment and some outdoor gym equipment next to a lake where I often go for a hike. Just need to find a way to block the bored veterans and housewives that are running/walking there.

Maybe go for dance lessons. I've started to realize how tense my body is the whole day and learning more fluid movements might help me relax in the long term. Not sure about this one and will be a longer term thing than the previous two.

Those are my 3 big ones. Other includes getting more vegetarian dishes into the weekly menu, see more movies and listen to more (live) music.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!