Poker Badgers, let's do this (noobs without addictive personalities welcome).
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Yeah, not much else you could do. Maybe a bigger bet pre flop would have pushed them off?
  • Allah gave me a flush draw on the turn, just to fuck me extra extra
    To really fuck with you the flush draw would have been dominated by one of the A

And you wouldn't have been all in by then.
    I had the ace doe.

Anyway, I knew it was bad. As strange as it sounds, with 4 players left you don't want that situation. I'd have preferred to be up against AK and KK. Chances of either opponents turning a set, plus marginals straights and flush draws add up. Vs AK and KK my opponents are basically drawing to one out.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Oh yeah! I've been drinking.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I always want to be heads up with pockets.

If I have a low pair of suited connectors I want as many in the hand as possible.
  • I've just won 6 sit and go's in a row. Go me. This is what happens when I'm left for the weekend alone - poker all day.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yeah, not much else you could do. Maybe a bigger bet pre flop would have pushed them off?

Yeah, it would. The table was very aggressive coming up to the bubble which is unusual so I had a plan to sort of slow play a bit. I pulled the trigger when 2 diamonds came up on the flop just to be safe except it wasn't.
  • Lost! That's enough for today.
  • It's really amazing how many people fold on the button.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's almost mandatory to raise if it hasn't already been done.
  • Mentals so they are. Limping too. The worst are the ones who you think are alright but won't let go a pair even though the flop had pictures all over it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It sounds like you're all playing nonsense poker where the main tactic is to avoid people spamming all in. Y'all should find find proper poker, that's not how this shit works normally. You'll end up learning bogus habits etc, plus it's way less fun.
  • Yeah, I don't play online. But if i did I'd probably go for 20-50 dollar buy ins
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    It sounds like you're all playing nonsense poker where the main tactic is to avoid people spamming all in. Y'all should find find proper poker, that's not how this shit works normally. You'll end up learning bogus habits etc, plus it's way less fun.

I really do avoid all-ins. I play a lot online as I seem to actually make some cash and the best way to make some cash is to avoid them. I'll call with aces and obviously call post flop if I've got the nuts but that's about it.
  • "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Yossarian wrote:
    The audience are generally nutters and best avoided using maths.

Talking of the maths, this is the part that I would like to have a better understanding of. I could sort of grasp my way to understanding something that approximates pot odds, but it wasn’t something I had much confidence in. If there was a simple rule of thumb for being on a table of X players and needing to hit Y outs, I’d love to hear it.

Sorry, I didn't see this. @Yossarian

I assume someone answered, but if you can count outs the simple rule is 2% per out per street.

Got AK on a JT5 rainbow board? Someone bets half pot at you?

You have 10 outs (three As, three Ks, four Qs) to making a reasonable or better hand. 20% chance to make that hand on the river, so less than pot odds (using only express odds of course. That's probably a call for me)

Over two streets (ie facing an all in or going all in), this formula gives you 40%

Gets more complicated accounting for suited hands and suited boards, and the other guy's draws (eg hitting a K gives you top pair but could give him a straight or two pair as significant part of his range)

But 2% per out per street is a good rule of thumb. It's only ever out by 3-4% Vs range

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That looks like exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for. Cheers.
  • Here's the actual postflop equity vs a relatively genetic range. Of course, that range has to change depending on preflop or post flop action AT the point at which you calculate it.

Screenshot_20190304-121106.jpg
  • Using hold em labs app
  • If someone bets half pot at me and I'm deep I probably call on the basis of equity rather than outs.

If I narrow his range some, then outs are relevant. (eg, he only bets with a Jack here, he only raises with a strong jack which if I hit will get two pair, or a draw which my pairing the K might fill etc). Then I might fold.

If I think the guy has read Harrington and only bets a good hand and "chases drawers out" and will fold when the Ace hits and I bet 2/3 pot, for example, I should fold.

Against a good player I'm calling on street for sure. Maybe even raise!

• Poker's so awesome. I'd love to play at the ERG home game, walk out flush with cash and at least two top hats
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:

I literally have that answer pages ago and gonz saunters in and gets the gratitude?! FML
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sorry.

I do recall this thread having a lot of replies one Friday while I was in the pub, I probably missed it then.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

I literally have that answer pages ago and gonz saunters in and gets the gratitude?! FML

I'm the Boris of the forum u know it

• I even posted a video.
  • Online guaranteed tourneys are great. It's a risk for the site as they sometimes don't get enough players to cover the prize fund and it happens quite a lot.
  • For example, this one is just about to start, there's no rebuys and there's only 86 people registered @50c each for a $200 prize pool. You see it quite a lot on 888.

pyk2xw6.png

Now the odds are in your favour from the off.
  • Online poker used to be nuts with people losing 7 figure sums in a day. It's calmed down a hell of a lot these days but jesus it went mental for a bit. These sums are actual real cash that durrr bet and he wasn't even the worst...

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    You just wouldn't get that in real life poker, it's nonsense
  • "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Those are all real hands btw.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!