Playstation 5 - It's For The Payers
  • I downloaded FIFA22 and deleted it after playing two games.

Terrible.

Hopefully the loss of the FIFA licence opens up the doors for other footy games to appear in the market.

I haven't been into them since the aforementioned PES golden era. I miss football games but they have got depressingly stale.

The career mode is super buggy as well, which is a shame as I remember playing FIFA back in the 12-18 period a fair amount and back then…career was also buggy. So many legacy issues with new ones on top.

The search for anything that feels as perfect as PSOne and PS2 era Master League continues, though I fear those days are long gone.
  • That was pretty much my PES/Fifa career too. Loved PES, got fed up with it eventually and bought the occasional Fifa from 13 onwards for mp with mates who'd also left Pro Evo behind. It was never as good though. I remember buying two in a row that had lag on menu navigation and wondering how the fuck his could possibly be a) a thing and b) a thing that wasn't rectified over two years.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just nabbed Nex Machina and Resogun for under £9 in the PlayStation sale.

Looking forward to actually getting a PS5, I’m building up a fairly healthy collection of games already, it’s only really the Spider-Mans and Returnal that I’m still looking to add to the collection when they go on sale. Not looking to add another subscription to my life, in case anyone was thinking of suggesting it.

Edit: are the Resogun expansions worth the money?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Not particularly? They're kinda ok. Of a quid or two maybe worth a quick dabble if you like your shmups.

Main game is funny tho!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s £6.49 for both. Maybe I’ll wait to see if they go on sale.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    That was pretty much my PES/Fifa career too. Loved PES, got fed up with it eventually and bought the occasional Fifa from 13 onwards for mp with mates who'd also left Pro Evo behind. It was never as good though. I remember buying two in a row that had lag on menu navigation and wondering how the fuck his could possibly be a) a thing and b) a thing that wasn't rectified over two years.

Lads, don't get me started. Yes I'm still hooked but I could write a book on recent Fifas and Frostbite being used.

Definitely at a crossroads now, the entire genre. More competitors are coming and EA really need to get their shit together to offer a more compelling product.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Does FIFA still have the story mode with the ongoing exploits of Geoffrey Football or whoever it was?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Shagger Rodgers
  • Dick "Dirty" Sanchez
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Does FIFA still have the story mode with the ongoing exploits of Geoffrey Football or whoever it was?

That's an outstanding name, and if Take 2 don't use this when they get the FIFA license and make some sort of GTA Football game then they might as well shut down.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I'd play as Geoffrey Football. Sounds like a footman from the '90s with a sense of humour.

I’m in.

Gonna say you weren't and leave a card.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Shopto ps5 stock alert about 15 mins ago.
  • Are supply issues easing? I noticed there were some available the other day, but all my pals have one now.

Incidentally, I took off the faceplates on mine and vacuumed the dust from around the vents on the inside. Really easy job.
  • Seem to be. I’ve had a few stock alerts from shopto recently and the local Argos had them in stock for a while the other day. I’m gonna hold off on getting one for a bit now though.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Full list of PS Plus Extra games I realised I own a lot of these as they’ve released on PS Plus in the past and I’ve got em in the library. Think this is one I may as well wait on until the service develops a bit more.

The full PS4 and PS5 list from the Asian territory.
    Spoiler:
  • Plenty of belters on that list. Not enough for me to consider another sub but it looks decent to me.
  • Think I'm in the same boat. Loads to get stuck into there, but not ready to drop the Reddies just yet.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The fuck?

I'm seeing a lot of people who rate the games on PS+ Extra Special but won't pay for it while a load more are slagging off the Game Pass selection that they pay for. I'm confused
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    The PS5 selection is surprisingly good IMO but a lot of the PS4 selection has already been given away as monthly games and obviously a lot of us already bought a big chunk of the PS5 line-up so I can see why people are not seeing the value in it vs the basic sub.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep this. Of the big games in the list there are currently two I want to play and obviously not that much or I would have bought em. Sony gave away a load of those FP games with either Plus or the Collection. Like GP when it started, this is early days and we know that list is going to grow. If they release some bangers each month then it’s easy enough to upgrade.
  • The fuck?

I'm seeing a lot of people who rate the games on PS+ Extra Special but won't pay for it while a load more are slagging off the Game Pass selection that they pay for. I'm confused

Most Boners are subbed up to the eyeballs. The Plus selection would have to be twice as good for me to grab a second sub. List is good but it's roughly comparable to GP for my tastes.

Edit: other than buying a month or two here and there to play Worms online I haven't had Plus for a couple of years.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I think the key difference is getting the ps sub and I get nothing new, getting gamepass I knew I was getting horizon & a chunk of other stuff I didn't yet own. Horses for courses I suppose.
  • I've been trying to cut down on subs generally. Cost of living and all that.

I don't have an XBox but GamePass to me seems almost essential if you have an XBox as outside of that there is fuck all happening. Could be wrong, but that's how it seems.

With PS I am still playing games I bought ages ago and there are so many in my collection I've still not touched, so defo staying with essential to keep those
  • Anyone want to borrow Lost Judgement on PS5? Bought it a couple of months ago and was having a pretty good time with it but it's slipped down the pecking order of things I plan to play.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    You can always have my judgement.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Anyone want to borrow Lost Judgement on PS5? Bought it a couple of months ago and was having a pretty good time with it but it's slipped down the pecking order of things I plan to play.

Would love a borrow but I'm away for a few days for a 40th birthday party (twins).
    Back on Monday ish...shall I pm you then?

• I'd probably post Monday because I'm only at work one day next week, pm the address beforehand if you can. If not the chances are I'll be lazy and post the week after. No probs either way.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Taking up the slack for Barry, is it?
  • I have to use a proper post office these days, they booted my department (all 6 of us) out of the snazzy Canary Wharf office and we're out of sight at a Regus in Hertfordshire now.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I went to Rickmansworth once. It was... a place.

No doubt very expensive, but I just remember lots of little roundabouts.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!