regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Kind of not, no, I meant a full stop game as in one that was hyped then when hits gamepass kind of ends the conversation. Shredder's Revenge feels like a good example of it. But my analogy was fucking piss poor so fuck it in the bin anyway.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Anyway there's the page turn and my crime is still there. Dead forever.
  • Reg is the Worst.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Reg is the Worst.

Were you in any fuckin doubt?

Still... Chie?
  • What was the forum verdict on As Dusk Falls in the end?  Wifey isn't totally against the idea of giving something like that a go, I assume it has a pass-the-pad-now mode (I've also got the second Dark Pictures game on PS Extra now though).  Trailers look....odd.  And a bit like the main guy made the game and cast himself.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Not my bag at all so I'll not play it but I get you with the pictures. Everyone looks like a weirdo in them
  • As Dusk Falls.
    Once I got into it I really quite enjoyed it a few niggles aside.
    It definitely felt more like binging a TV show than playing a game, even when compared to other games of this type e.g Walking Dead.

I dont think there is really a pass the pad option, more you might make decisions together, I played alone. There is barely any gameplay, a few QTEs which you pretty much have to choose to fail, which can lead to different outcomes so they aren't really there as a challenge. The characters are based on real actors, I only realised this when an actor from Hollyoaks/Gimme Gimme Gimme showed up but then realised a few others seemed familiar looking.

Dark Pictures
    Im playing through the anthology now, currently halfway through the third. Im enjoying them a lot but Im a sucker for this type of contained horror serial thing. The Curator (evil Starmer) is a great character. I think this has a bit more COOP to it but not sure. QTEs very much do matter in this series, first game its easy to miss them, second game gives a heads up making them much easier, third lets you choose between the two systems int he form of normal and baby modes.
    The second story has been my favourite so far but ti will depend what presses your horror buttons.
  • Cheers. I played Man of Medan and quite enjoyed it. Those games have multiplayer modes where you take a character (or certain characters) each I think.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Doesn't As Dusk Falls have some option where others can join in via a mobile app? Anyone tried that? I played the first ten minutes then fell asleep, but that's nothing to do with the game, probably.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I took that about four hours ago but I've just realised it's for weeds and isn't a power washer at all. Close enough. *Retreats into hedge*

*blasts hedge with Lidl weed burner*
  • Kow wrote:
    Doesn't As Dusk Falls have some option where others can join in via a mobile app? Anyone tried that? I played the first ten minutes then fell asleep, but that's nothing to do with the game, probably.

We played it like that this evening.  Seems a bit pointless if you've got a second pad.  I think the idea is if you've got a big group you can all join in, and majority rules on the choices.  With two it selects one of your answers at random if they differ.

First chapter was kinda decent.  It felt like a lot of our actions had repercussions.  Mrs. Moot even managed to debunk Liv's 'have to pretty much choose to fail the QTEs' theory.
  • Haha.
    Fucking hell.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Gamers don't have any friends so a mobile app seems pointless.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Haha. Fucking hell.

Probably just pretending she doesn't know how to swipe right.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I played Man of Medan

Me and a mate would've Blockbustered that in the '90s purely on name.

What's it about?
    Dunno.
    Sounds shit.
    Let's get it!

I think it was maybe Burning Road (actually bought) that raised our standards.

• Stuff like that always seemed to make up the numbers on OPM demo discs. Seemed like a bold move to let people test some of those games in advance.
  • OPM demo discs. Ahhhh those were the days.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Turbo Glof is up.
  • Oooooh.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Seems absolutely shite
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's glof for you.
  • Wow they really butchered Trials. 10 years since I last played this and they somehow managed to make everything about it worse. It’s impressively disappointing. Ffs all they had to do was make it prettier
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It still handles beautifully. Probably the best it's handled.

The rest around it is gash though.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    For additional clarity I now have all four on xbox, and having recently tried them all:

HD handles and flows terribly these days.

EVO handles great and has 50/50 in track design. Some absolute stinkers but its highs are unmatched. The lows are horrendous however. Physics Factory etc eurgh. Best BMX around.

Fusion is the aggressive step child you want to drop kick through a fucking window. BUT it has the best ninja tech in the series, to the point the best Ninja players around primarily play this.

Rising handles majestically for speedrunnners. Bang average for Ninja. Horrific overlay and campaign.

EVO > Rising > .....I'd rather not with the others. And I spent about 2000 hours on HD.
  • Yea I like the tracks, but between each one I have to click through a dozen or so different screens and/or popups + loot boxes + unlocks + customisations bla bla bla. How the fuck did anyone think this was a good idea. I'm struggling to think of a worse design decision across all video games ive ever owned. 

Does there eventually come a time where I can just jump in and out of tracks at speed? Perhaps upon completion I get them all in list form or something?
  • No, the map never fucks off.
  • So not only do I have to remember a track's name if I want to find it again, I also have to remember its location. eugh
  • I think so. I went back to it a couple of months ago after Googling the best DLC tracks and got fed up before I even found them.
  • I'm not defending the Trials Rising UI, but after you've played it for about 300 hours you remember exactly where all the tracks are, and it's pretty fast to navigate. Otherwise you can click the tournament trophies (the stadiums) and it will show all of the tracks related to that trophy.

More annoying is that you can't see your leaderboard position on tracks without clicking into them. I'll never understand why they changed that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!