Disco Elysium - What kind of cop are you?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I think the fact that Disco Elysium has over a million words for a linear storyline gives an indication of how much work would be needed for multiple possibilities.
  • I’m loving this game, but I’ve now twice had game over after hitting a demoralising comment. I don’t think I had anything to get morale back up. Am I doing something wrong? I now have to redo the last hour of stuff. It’ll be quicker but still a pain.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You have drugs to restore both health and morale (You can find them or buy them in the shop). I didn't actually realise what they were at first but the numbers above the respective health and morale bars are how many you have of each drug. Just click them to use. You can also get a drug which will permanently increase your morale by one.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Popping in to say I am really not a fan of recasting half the voice talent for Final Cut (and not giving us any way to revert as even the "Classic" mode is misleading as it keeps the new voice performances), especially Cuno.

I do get that releasing the game on console and the huge labour of voicing everything must have meant production issues if VA's couldn't make it and were working on other projects but I think some of the voice work is a total downgrade. Lena ,the cryptozoologist's wife, now has a very thick southern US accent. The Chapo Trap House guys are all gone and have been given much more typical voices for their character archetypes.

It's still the best written game in a decade but it's strange to think the version I came to fall in love with is like, gone?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    That new animated ZA/UM splash logo is quality.
  • Kow wrote:
    You have drugs to restore both health and morale (You can find them or buy them in the shop). I didn't actually realise what they were at first but the numbers above the respective health and morale bars are how many you have of each drug. Just click them to use. You can also get a drug which will permanently increase your morale by one.

Yeah, I've used them before, I was just moaning about the fact that I didn't have any meds left and one of the dialogue options just gave me a game over all of a sudden.  If that's a common thing and how the game is, I'm going to have to quick save frequently.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I’m loving this game, but I’ve now twice had game over after hitting a demoralising comment. I don’t think I had anything to get morale back up. Am I doing something wrong? I now have to redo the last hour of stuff. It’ll be quicker but still a pain.

Did you start as a brain cop? Putting a couple of points into Volition if you don't already have any will increase your Morale max and iirc give you a free pip.

As Kow says you can also click on the numbers above your health / morale which indicate you have a medicine that can heal that stat. You get a slow-mo grace period to use them if you're about to have a heart attack / anxiety attack.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, it's a good idea to keep them topped up as some fails can be game over if you have only one bar left. You can buy the meds in the shop.
  • Ah. I am brain cop. I only have one morale bar and no morale healing items. Thanks I do have 2 skill points to use so might put them into Volition as suggested. Gonna have to buy some meds then.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Picked this up today.
    A bit of a gamble as I'm not always into heavy dialogue things.

I'm absolutely loving it though. The writing is superb.
    Started as Psyche (I think, second option with a chance of losing your mind)
    I'm a Superstar Hobocop with a mean streak.

I'm not exactly sure I'm doing the game "right" but going with the flow and following my nose.
  • I have so much love for this game; I really think it's a masterpiece. I actually feel quite sorry for those who didn't get to play the director's cut on their first play through. 

I'd really recommend not reloading to try and pass skill checks.
  • And don't take any shit from Cuno.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Picked this up today. A bit of a gamble as I'm not always into heavy dialogue things. I'm absolutely loving it though. The writing is superb. Started as Psyche (I think, second option with a chance of losing your mind) I'm a Superstar Hobocop with a mean streak. I'm not exactly sure I'm doing the game "right" but going with the flow and following my nose.
    I also can’t abide heavy text reading in games but this makes it worth it.  Likewise I never replay game but can’t wait to play this again post metroid 
    Cono is my favourite gaming character EVER.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I can't imagine why it wouldn't be just as good.
  • Well the switch struggles with most games these days
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's not a very demanding game so I doubt it would struggle, but worth checking some trusted reviews to be safe.
  • If I get my holidays approved for the FH5 launch I'll be getting this too as I feel I need a lot of time just now to dive in and give it what it deserves. Would be the perfect tonic to the bright, punchy, racing game telling me I'm amazing all the time.
  • It's not a very demanding game so I doubt it would struggle, but worth checking some trusted reviews to be safe.

Load times are bad apparently.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Keep thinking about this modern classic every time I hear Whitney's I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves me).

Seriously, playing this game back in 2019 must have been how people felt when playing the first Deus Ex.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    Having done both I'd say you're not that far off.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Somehow I get nostalgic over this game despite having played it through less than a year ago. That's got to be the sign of an all-time classic.
  • Is this any good on switch?

You couldn't find your shoe on the big screen. You've got no chance on the switch.
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Is this any good on switch?
    You couldn't find your shoe on the big screen. You've got no chance on the switch.
    Yeah it doesn't work on handheld
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Cupatay wrote:
    Is this any good on switch?

What if they made the shoe as large as a door…wait, forget I mentioned anything.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Apparently they released a big performance patch for the Switch version weeks back which really improved things. Load times cut in half etc.
  • Bumpety bump
  • Bumped for a reason ?
  • Bumped for Griff
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!