Christmas Gaming
‹ Previous1234
  • What are your go to games for Christmas's Past, Present and Future?

Is there a new game that you will hold of on playing until the last week or two of Christmas?

Do you play Christmas themed games?

What are you favourite Christmas gaming memories?
  • I remember when COD 4 first came out on the Xbox 360, i spent an entire Christmas week just playing the multiplayer. It was a revolution.

Christmas's past ive always liked to hold back on one AAA title and put my feet up for the week and play.

Zelda used to be a Christmas thing for me many years ago. I'd hold off on playing it till Xmas break from Uni/College etc.
  • Ocarina of time on Boxing Day. There’s a thread about it and everything. Looking forward to the near future when I can game with the kids at crimbo.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Don't do much gaming over Christmas.

Wii Party's Board Game Island mode on Christmas day. Disposable more-luck-than-skill based nonsense but great for a levelling casual thing that lasts 30-45mins.

In work there's our annual office Tetris competition the week before.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I play anything. Whatever it is that I’m playing just before Xmas or next game from my Pile O’ Shame.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I play on Boxing day with the little one. That's all we do, eat and play, all day, and the only day in the year he's allowed to do anything like a 12hr stint. It's amaze.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I remember playing a lot of imported NHL Hockey on my chipped Megadrive during Christmas 1991. Some Christmas-themed Lemmings levels came free on a disc with a PC games magazine in the early/mid 1990s (a demo of an expansion?) when we first acquired a family PC to replace the crappy Amstrad. I played Link's Awakening (and got really quite frustrated for a while, almost to the point of phoning the Nintendo Helpline) Christmas 1993...
  • Tomb Raider series has always been my go to Christmas fare.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • When I retire from my current job, I’m hopeful that the next job I get means I can take the two weeks from 23 December off each year. I might be able to do that in my current post in years to come, although I often work with people who have kids, who I tend to give first refusal to the time off.

I was off for two weeks in January this year, which was effectively my Christmas, and I spent most of it playing Marvel’s Spider-man. Truly joyous.

One game I associate with Christmas is Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance. Wikipedia tells me that it came out on 4 December 2001, but I think I maybe ordered it just before Christmas, and it was delivered between Christmas and New Year, and I played the heck out of it. Still one of my all-time favourites.

A few years later (2008, in fact) I spent Hogmanay playing Fallout 3 while chatting to Muse on Skype. That was the last time I had a fortnight off over Christmas & New Year.

I’m working through the Christmas period this year: I may yet end up covering for someone in uniform on the day, but even if not I’ll be on 2-10pm on the 23rd & 24th, 10am-6pm on the 26th, and 8am-4pm on the 27th and 28th. HOWEVER, I do have the first two weeks of December off. I started playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider last night, so I suspect I’ll mostly be playing that, with Christmas decorations up and while eating mince pies.
  • Most of my Christmas gaming is after everyone's in bed, or if the missus has taken the sprog skating. Recent memorable Christmas gaming has been my new PS4 playing No Man's Sky and naming planets after sprouts and decorations and Donald Trump's genitalia, followed by late night Star Wars Battlefront online. Oh, and Horizon Zero Dawn followed by getting a neck x-ray (unrelated).

Favourite xmas gaming ever was in 1988 - I think -and getting my new Atari ST with the power pack games collection, so I was finally able to play Gauntlet 2 and Space Harrier at home.

This year will probably be PSVR, and Tilly wants to stay up with me on New Years Eve finishing Lego Harry Potter. I'm not a big NYE person - I spent last year flying around Colonia in Elite Dangerous...
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • I know I have digs at the police but you're doing a grand job really. I shall try to not murder anyone over the festive period by way of appreciation.
  • The best thing about finally getting a job in my industry was that xmas window off. My first company were always generous with it. Never took days out of our holiday allowance and we would shut down from the 23rd to the 3rd, longer if those dates were on weekends.

That was a great window for gaming. My best one was spent playing through Fallout 3 before xmas then Fallout NV after.

Now my work is more sporadic and that break doesnt have the same impact.

I don't really remember getting games for christmas. I got the odd one but my parents nearly always managed to buy the wrong title so I stopped asking.
    Margesimpsonguyatthestore.gif
  • James Pond II: Robocod

The ultimate Christmas game.
  • Thinking about games I have received for Christmas...

I’m sure that I got The Incredible Shrinking Fireman on Spectrum from an auntie one Christmas. I also definitely got Cyberball from a different auntie another year, having specifically asked for it, only to find out (after several attempts at loading it) that it wasn’t compatible with my humble 48k.

My brother has given me two games for Christmas over the years; SSX on PS2 and Modern Warfare 3 on 360.

Technically, my parents and my mate bought me an absolute shit-tonne of Games last Christmas, since they both got me PSN / eShop vouchers.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've just remembered the year Wifey got me a copy of Diddy Kong Racing for N64. One of the few times I got a video game as a Christmas present. One of the tracks - think it's Frosty Village - has a Seasonal sounding backing track. I always wondered if it was deliberate or not.

I usually try and boot up Christmas Nights on the old Saturn around the holiday time too but I don't always manage it.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Do you play Christmas themed games?

We all be dripping in them Christmas themed games.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm kinda tempted to double dip on Bayonetta 2 this Christmas, surely one of the better games featuring Christmas of all time.

And let's not forget Shenmue, released just in time for Christmas 2000 in Europe which also takes place around Christmas time and which I first played on Christmas Day.

"ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Also, was there anything more in the spirit of Christmas than the gift of free Christmas Dreamcast DLC???
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • davyK wrote:
    I've just remembered the year Wifey got me a copy of Diddy Kong Racing for N64. One of the few times I got a video game as a Christmas present. One of the tracks - think it's Frosty Village - has a Seasonal sounding backing track. I always wondered if it was deliberate or not.

I usually try and boot up Christmas Nights on the old Saturn around the holiday time too but I don't always manage it.

Diddy Kong and Banjo both have a great xmas vibe.
  • I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii (U) at least the past three years during Christmas time for no real reason and been looking forward to it this year too. I'm now about 70 hours in and hopefully can wrap it up this Christmas. 

Also Christmas Nights on Saturn at some point but have problems with the Saturn right now. :( Does the Xbox360 version have Christmas Nights too?
  • davyK wrote:

I remember that track!
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Ocarina of time on Boxing Day. There’s a thread about it and everything. Looking forward to the near future when I can game with the kids at crimbo.

This for me too.  Christmas Nights aside it's the only game that brings back yuletide memories.
  • I have christmas themed dead rising 4 for my ps4 to play. That is my xmas game this year. I'll put a spotify christmas mix on in the background "....its beginning to feel alot like Christmas....everywhere we go...." and then i can associate the yuletide season with me bludgeoning zombies to death in my makeshift santa outfit. Equipped with my shopping mall DIY kettle/whisker/cream egg custom weapon.

Glorious.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    This sounds perfect. Kinda feel it should be played back in slo-mo with the Christmas music over the top as a nice montage.

Loved me some Christmas Nights at the time. Other obvious stuff for me were Banjo and Mario 64 games. Not sure if it was Christmas but recall getting snowed in many a year ago and me and my sister mastering Boulderdash on my Atari 800XL for days. Recently tried playing a version of it and I was so shit, reflexes are all shot to shit.

This year I’m all alone (sniff) so thinking I may finally get in The Outer Wilds. I played an hour but work has been too busy for me to sink time into anything.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    I have christmas themed dead rising 4

Oh that's a shout.
  • Festive Friday Night Forza is always a hoot. The effort that goes into putting Christmas liveries on shitbox cars to go sliding around on Blizzard Mountain is quite a thing. Spotify playlist to match, of course.

25017578_473884156346074_3837290319603302400_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=110&oh=b892aaf9c19b327ad76321045235b6fc&oe=5E858FB3
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Probably DQXI for me this year. Maybe FC5 too. And maybe done kind of COD or Division related shooty shooty. Ooh and maybe HZD (and its snowy bit). Or maybe any prezzie I get.

TLDR: No frickin idea.
  • I’m not gonna get much time to game, I’ve got Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off but those are spent with family then I’m working late shifts till 3am for the next 4 nights :(
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Anyone who mentioned christmas nights is not a real gamer as they just googled it
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Anyway, it's Zelda or smash for me. Has been either for the past 10 years.
  • A gaming is for life, not just for christmas

please gaming responsibly
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!