Animal Crossing New Horizons - Switch
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Hang on. So you can only have one island per console on this? I was considering getting this for me and the lad but that doesn't sound ideal. I'd want my own island.

No problem. Get another switch

The Forum Herald™
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:
    I honestly can’t believe that people see taking a cart in and out as a chore. My Switch lives in a case and the case holds around 10 games. It’s absolutely no effort at all to take a game from the case and swap it out with the one in the console.

My switch lives in its dock, the case with the games in is in a drawer. It’s a faff pulling through dock out from under the tv unit thing, getting the case out of a drawer etc. It’s not a hard job, but it’s a barrier. If I had all my games on cart then it wouldn’t bother me, but I’m much more likely to play something that’s instant access.

Is it permanently on charge? Do other people do that? I saw a thread the other day how other folk don’t turn theirs off - I always power mine down.
  • Yeah. It just lives in the dock. I probably play 70-30 tv vs handheld though so that works well for me.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    Hang on. So you can only have one island per console on this? I was considering getting this for me and the lad but that doesn't sound ideal. I'd want my own island.

Aha. Nice one.

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Playing in the same town was one of the best things when my brother and I played the GC version. It was when I just moved out, so I would have the memory card for a week, my brother would get it the next week. Catching up with him with the latest town news each weekend was something I'd look forward to. Showing him that I bought furniture I knew he was looking for, sharing news about new neighbours, telling him I managed to get another new fish for the museum, asking him not to ruin my flower patch. It really felt like you were sharing that little town with someone, and you were both taking care of it.

Looking forward to this one, but I feel like it might have strayed a bit too far away from the earlier ones. I never felt I needed the ability to shape the landscape, not being able to have a short cut to the beach was definitely annoying, but bumping into your favourite neighbour on the way there, or suddenly spotting an insect you still needed was one of it's charms for me. You had to deal with what was given to you, no need to play God, apart from the flower breeding.

Polka Dot House, let's do this (again)!
  • It reminds me of how you edit the terrains in sim city. It’s a welcome thing for me. Mainly the idea of landscaping my castle.

Nook you bastard. I’ve bought four homes from you in the past. Time for a little discount no?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Ok so I’ve had this on order for yonks, but I forgot that on 3DS I had it digital (when they gave it me for free for owning other games, remember Nintendo used to do that?!) and so I would play it for 20 minutes in the morning before playing my main game, just getting fossils or checking the shops etc.

Think I’m gonna cancel the cart and go digital. You can re-download games on switch now can’t you? I know the save thing is messed up but if I lose the switch I won’t lose the actual game forever right?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Looks like they're rethinking the save thing. According to this tweet they re-upload ed the Direct and where it used to say you can only recover once, there will now be more information in the future about it.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:

Aha. Nice one.

Apparently it's so you can't game the economy yourself on your own game. This way you still need to use outside islands to trade with.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Shame as I don't think I'll get it at all now.
  • Just get a gamecube version and two memory cards. Each is a different town.

Not a silly suggestion either; the core game is the same and you get Tortimer.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • As a 47yr old man I'll be all over this.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Or get two 3DS with the game.

But anyway. Spoke to my daughter about this in depth today. I’ve over hyped it but she’s already interested
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • The days of codes for apples on forums...

Love you GC.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • 5 sleeps
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    5 sleeps

Wooooo! This feels like the shot of happiness that we all need right now
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'd trade stuff in to buy it. Except Game is shut for at least 2 weeks...
  • Sell your dignity. Sell yourself. Sell it all.
  • Kow wrote:
    I'd trade stuff in to buy it. Except Game is shut for at least 2 weeks...

Get a download code off Amazon.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • or cdkeys
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The point is to trade stuff for it.
  • Getting it off amazon is trading a small part of your soul.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Sell a few old games on Ebay and get it with your paypal account?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Reviews land this afternoon for those interested.
  • I don’t need a review. It’s gonna be brilliant

qft
  • Reviews land this afternoon for those interested.

Thought it was tomorrow??

What happens if it turns out to be a complete bugfest though?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Eurogamer gave it an Essential

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!