Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I don;t know, you;re top of the page
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    What's wrong with them?

Well you have to be active for a start, they're risky as fuck and you can lose far more than your stake, they're expensive even if you get it right, and you never see a dividend because you never actually own stock in a company. It's gambling and the odds are against you because of the rake.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • This is taking me longer to setup than i thought, for various reasons. I have a empty investment isa on fidelity. When i add cash to my investment isa how do i link that to the cavendish S&P fund?
  • You are going to invest in an S&P tracker? If so, i would wait a few weeks.
  • Weirdly, Cavendish ride off the back of Fidelity, so when you use Cavendish you actually just use the Fidelity website. It's just Cavendish have a cheaper platform fee. You won't just be able to link it, you'll have to go through Cavendish in the same way you can't just ask Sainsburys to link to Lidl prices. You could just use it in the meantime and transfer the cash to Cavendish when that's set up. Remember you have a yearly 20K ISA allowance to play with.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    You are going to invest in an S&P tracker? If so, i would wait a few weeks.

Maybers, but it might already be priced in. I personally think there'll be a steady slide all year but who knows? Timing is less important over 30 years and the main thing is to actually do it and not put it off for a few years. It's still very cheap right now, even if it does slide lower for a few months.
  • I think there is pain to be had, and you could get in cheaper. Not a fan of etfs though.
  • Weirdly, Cavendish ride off the back of Fidelity, so when you use Cavendish you actually just use the Fidelity website. It's just Cavendish have a cheaper platform fee. You won't just be able to link it, you'll have to go through Cavendish in the same way you can't just ask Sainsburys to link to Lidl prices. You could just use it in the meantime and transfer the cash to Cavendish when that's set up. Remember you have a yearly 20K ISA allowance to play with.

Ok so i have messed up as i tried open an investment isa via cavendish which went to fidelity website so i created the account there and selected investment isa. Stopped there as had a issue with cash. So now cash is available i was going to put it in the investment isa then select s&p as fund. Thats correct?

Sorry for the noob questions.
  • Lord_Griff wrote:
    I think there is pain to be had, and you could get in cheaper. Not a fan of etfs though.

Would you suggest something different griff? This is all interesting to me as i am learning alot it
  • Yeah. Crypto. Just go crypto.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Weirdly, Cavendish ride off the back of Fidelity, so when you use Cavendish you actually just use the Fidelity website. It's just Cavendish have a cheaper platform fee. You won't just be able to link it, you'll have to go through Cavendish in the same way you can't just ask Sainsburys to link to Lidl prices. You could just use it in the meantime and transfer the cash to Cavendish when that's set up. Remember you have a yearly 20K ISA allowance to play with.
    Ok so i have messed up as i tried open an investment isa via cavendish which went to fidelity website so i created the account there and selected investment isa. Stopped there as had a issue with cash. So now cash is available i was going to put it in the investment isa then select s&p as fund. Thats correct? Sorry for the noob questions.

Yes, put in the cash, and then find a fund to put that cash in.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    No you have a cash account. It pays back into that. But I’ve switched it on and it applies to all funds going forwards. You can set it based on a fund by fund basis.

b0r1s, where is this setting i cant see it?

Glad i double checked before i bought, theres a difference between

UBS S&P 500 Index Fund, class C Acc

and

UBS S&P 500 Index Fund, class C Inc

Easy to miss.

Also minimum payment has gone up to £50 a month (sure SG said it was £25) if you want to create a regular savings plan for your investment isa.
  • CRYPTO IS GOING TO THE MOON
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Dino can’t find it on the mobile site. Think it was on the desktop. I’ll take a look tomorrow. But you don’t really need to worry if you are using an acc fund as it will reinvest anyway.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    @Dino can’t find it on the mobile site. Think it was on the desktop. I’ll take a look tomorrow. But you don’t really need to worry if you are using an acc fund as it will reinvest anyway.

Cool. Thanks for looking anyway. Appreciated.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Dug out the laptop, it's under:

Manage Investments > Income Management

I couldn't see that link on the mobile menu, so try on a laptop.

Or try this link: https://www.fidelity.co.uk/secure/accounts/#income-management
  • The S&P 500 keeps on bouncing back despite the loss of 26 Million jobs. Throwing 7 trillion at it always helps but still, there does seem a disconnect. 

I know I said for everyone to put in and forget but you should check at least once, just to make sure it's set up correctly and doing what it should. If you invested in an S&P tracker you've probably seen significant returns depending on when you went in, and even those that turned up late should be seeing something, so check now if you haven't already. Once you know it's up and running ok then you should try and forget, if you can.
  • I’ve just checked mine for the first time since setup and I’m up by such a large sum I’ve packed everything in and I’m just gonna sit around doing nothing all day from now on.
  • I've made a tenner too unc.
  • Living the fucking highlife, Dants. The highlife with our tenners.

(Minus the fund fees).
  • I’ve just checked mine for the first time since setup and I’m up by such a large sum I’ve packed everything in and I’m just gonna sit around doing nothing all day from now on.

This was largely aimed you and Pop so I'm glad you checked. All in order then. Keep putting in and carry on not looking.
  • I've made a tenner too unc.

Good man. Don't forget to keep putting in, even if it slides.
  • (Minus the fund fees).

I should point out that the fees are priced in to your stated returns on a daily basis, so there are no hidden charges waiting to come out. Your balance is yours, as the fees are taken out already.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fees are tiny in comparison.
  • Yes, athough they make a big difference over long periods so cheap is good, and trackers are cheap.
  • The S&P 500 is already up 3% today. This seems wildly optimistic and why you can't predict the lunacy of the markets.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Dug out the laptop, it's under:

Manage Investments > Income Management

I couldn't see that link on the mobile menu, so try on a laptop.

Or try this link: https://www.fidelity.co.uk/secure/accounts/#income-management

Cheers mate mine is set to automatically invest. Anyeay ive lost £7.45, so good start. Lol. Plan is to stick £50 a month in if i can and leave it running for a few years.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!