REAL hobbies, not virtual ones........
‹ Previous123456711
  • Just curious as to what other past times folks in these parts have.....   

As an aside from working and playing videogames I play cricket for a local team and do fly fishing.  What do you do?
  • I used to be a bowl of soup and then after that I think I was a hammer.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • It's better than being a nail, I'm told.

I bake from time to time, play football, go running, and I've recently acquired a squash racquet.  A bit of creative writing too.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I dabble in a spot of geofiction.
    Get schwifty.
  • I play a lot of football. I'm a fucking colossus at the back.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Drawing, or at least I try to do drawing but most of the time it seems to turn in to masturbating. Maybe I should try and draw something other that tits.
  • A lot of golf..and masturbating natch.
  • I used to collect (generation 1) Transformers, but they've become too expensive over recent years, and money is a little tight with a mortgage and two young daughters.

I've still got my collection, but it's stopped growing.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Archery mainly. The odd bit of mountain biking, nothin' serious, just local woodland trails.
  • I collect work books - never seem to read the damn things, but they make me feel better at my job.

Used to train in Wing Chun but haven't been for a while, also used to mess about with records but the decks are in the loft - got a USB controller for the PC and Traktor but haven't put aside any chunk of time to get into it yet.

hmm... seems I used to do a bunch of things that I haven't made time for lately - think I'll try and get some hobby stuff going on this bank holiday :-)
  • Firm believer in the three Rs: Read, Run, Relax...by drinking
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • Graff, footy, camping/hiking, travelling, trying new experiences. Graff is the main one though If there was a phd in graff I'd have one.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • DJ, you used to train in Wing Chun? 
    I've been training in this for the last 6 months, really enjoying it.

Im a PT by trade so spend most of my free time training in the gym, running, I've been doing karate for nearly 15 years now and I'm often training with my sparring partners and karate mates when I'm not teaching. Like I said above I enjoy Wing Chun too and Krav Maga as well. 

I also chase wimminz, often to comedic results as my twitter followers will attest.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Just like this...
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • @Wookie Yeah - I was pretty into it way back at uni (more than 10 years ago now) but fell out of practise after uni. 
    Went back to it (same sifu, but the city centre club he runs rather than the uni club) after my 30th cos I figured I should get back into some decent exercise - bit harder to make the time of an evening than when I was a student cos, well, I was a student innit ;-) 
    Need to get a new car so I can get back to the club - thought about doing karate at a local club cos it would be easier to get to, but I think I need to dedicate to one thing to push past that intermediate plateau that I often get myself stuck at. Krav Maga always sounded useful as well :-)
  • Yea, it's certainly useful!

I'm a firm believer that if you want to be a truly effective martial artist then it's important to learn as many differ styles as you can in your lifetime from many different instructors, you'll always learn something new. Hopefully something that you can adopt into your own personal combat styles. 
    But I do think that in order to do that you should really spend some time becoming very proficient in your base style, learn all you can from that before you branch out.

For me, karate will always be the roots and trunk of my tree, everything else is another branch that will fill it out and make me better and stronger.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I paint murals, portraits and cook and occasionally time travel to make j1m1 lol.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I go out late at night with a brush and pan in a rucksack, and a Zoom audio recorder.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • ... For me, karate will always be the roots and trunk of my tree, everything else is another branch that will fill it out and make me better and stronger.
    Yeah - I would like to check out other styles as well, but like you say the most important and useful thing is to get good at one thing first, them branch out.
    After 15 years, you must be pretty shit hot at karate ;-) which style is it?

Maybe if i get back to the club once i get a new car, a few years hard graft will get my competence up - I havent got that central core competence (or fitness levels either). Need to get into the sparring because that and the chi sau drills felt the most use parts - did jiujitsu with some mates way back in school but it was all belts and gradings, only learning rote moves but not how to fight. Locks and throws and fun stuff, but no practical application - fun for a bit but a bit of a swizz if you only put together the moves to learn how to fight with them as a system when you get to black belt! Wing chun from the ukwckfa was always taught to us to be practical from day one, which is one of the things I like most about it.
  • I'm not too bad, always been able to handle myself in a fight. 
    Thing is, wing Chun as a system is pretty good but if you ask me it's not complete, there are areas that it won't hold up too well, much the same as with karate or jujitsu or Krav Maga or any "style" of combat. The trick is to take what you can use, discard anything you can't and make it your own. 
    Wing Chun has a wonderful grounding in practicality for a fight when it's turned to close quarters one on one, it's a reason I practise it myself, to plug the gaps in my fight style that has primarily been long to mid range. With Wing Chun I'm trying to become a more efficient close range fighter and then next step is to continue working with Krav Maga to improve the ground work and help meld the styles into something a bit more cohesive and effective.
  • Oh, sorry just realised I didn't answer your question about my karate style. It's Wadoryu.
  • I'm getting back into RC cars after a 15 year hiatus. THEY WERE MY LIFE IN 1990.
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • I also like playing guitars and riding bikes.
    "Our music's strong enough to stop a bomb...putting pressure on you kids like I'm a soccer mom"
  • I used to love RC cars. I was never a tomboy or anything but there were so many Hornets at school and I was instantly obsessed; I loved mine probably more than any other toy I ever had. Anytime, Baby! Weeeeeeeeeyow ... weeeeeeeyow ... weeeeeeeflat battery.
  • Basketball, mainly. Watching lots, but play on Monday nights, and now help coach on Thursday nights which has been AWESOME. Dunno what else really, drink lots of coffee, read and post here.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Before starting the ride I played a lot of tennis and golf as well as learning the piano. Also did some game making with Skerret. The game making stuff will still be ongoing, just very slowly. I do miss the tennis and golf though especially as my tennis team just won the grand final and it would have been the first I'd won in all the 10 years or so I've been playing. Damn it.
  • I'm getting back into RC cars after a 15 year hiatus. THEY WERE MY LIFE IN 1990.

Maybe you should look into flying drones and killing other humans at the behest of some other cunt.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • I work out, train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, chase chicks and generally be awesome.
    Im about to start learning to play the guitar
  • I've just started a new hobby by writing short stories. Just started really and I am coming to the end of my first short story. My fiance said it was good but I dont know. I just had the ideas rolling around my head and thought I would write it all down.

Edit: Otherwise I watch a lot of films and watch any rugby I can. I am slightly obsessed with the sport.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I love a game of tennis. Am not especially good, but I just love smacking balls.

Also play a bit of football, a bit of woodwork and some writing (mainly end of the world sort of stuff, but with humour, or attempts at humour)
  • I am learning piano and occasionally play guitar. I am not great at either, I happen to be one of those people who can be 'pretty alright' at a lot of things but not exceptional at anything. Does my head in.
‹ Previous123456711

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!