The Racing Thread of Burnin' Rubber and Being Awesome!
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    In for TT (assuming PC can compete with y'all console plebs)
    You can apparently. Also lots of people suggesting it's improved lots since early access.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Well let's do this then!
  • I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Porsche have done of those imaginary car designs for Gran Turismo. Being Porsche, they’ve obsessed over making it realistic and feasible, which sort of misses the point if you ask me … in the press release they even bang on about the interior materials being 100% vegan - which is utterly pointless when there are no real materials being used. It’s 100% virtual you idiots, you could pretend the interior is made out of babies’ skin and it would still be 100% sustainable.

Anyway, pretty looking thing.

FF6TfpyXoAA1itL.jpg
  • poprock wrote:
    Porsche have done of those imaginary car designs for Gran Turismo. Being Porsche, they’ve obsessed over making it realistic and feasible, which sort of misses the point if you ask me … in the press release they even bang on about the interior materials being 100% vegan - which is utterly pointless when there are no real materials being used. It’s 100% virtual you idiots, you could pretend the interior is made out of babies’ skin and it would still be 100% sustainable.

Anyway, pretty looking thing.

FF6TfpyXoAA1itL.jpg

You know they build these don't you?

Named the Vision Gran Turismo, it is Porsche’s first stand-alone concept for the racing series, following cars revealed by Audi, Bugatti, Jaguar, McLaren and Toyota in recent years. It will become ‘drivable’ when the new game is released on 4 March 2022.

Although there is no production intent for the concept, Porsche has built a full-size physical counterpart, and exterior design boss Ingo Bauer-Scheinhütte told Autocar that realism was a priority

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-porsche-gran-turismo-concept-hints-brands-ev-future
  • Good grief. How did Porsche manage to omit that from their own press release then?

To be fair, Autocar have a habit of making shit up, so who knows really. Their report there mixes up the GT concept with the very real Mission R racer prototype. “Built a full-size counterpart” likely means a 1:1 show model.
  • poprock wrote:
    Good grief. How did Porsche manage to omit that from their own press release then?

To be fair, Autocar have a habit of making shit up, so who knows really. Their report there mixes up the GT concept with the very real Mission R racer prototype. “Built a full-size counterpart” likely means a 1:1 show model.

Maybe if you included a link to said press release we could see for ourselves what was included or what was ommited?

Autocar making things up I'm not so sure of and would like proof if true!
  • Autocar are notorious for doing their own made-up renders of what rumoured cars ‘might’ look like and printing them as exciting exclusive scoops.

No big deal, most of the car press does it … but they do it a lot.

Porsche’s press releases are behind a login wall, but here’s a copy/paste:
    Spoiler:

They call it a “virtual vehicle concept”, mention twice that it’s “designed purely for the virtual space” and talk about “realistic surface appearances in the interior”. Nowhere do they mention the “full-size physical counterpart” Autocar have reported.
  • Okay, found something. Porsche’s corporate magazine, Christophorus, has an article on the GT concept and that says they built a full-scale model.

https://christophorus.porsche.com/en/2021/401/porsche-vision-gran-turismo.html

So there you go. Autocar not lying (although I think their wording implies it’s a real car, not a model). But Porsche did omit it from their press release, which was all I had read.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Christophorus

Isn’t that the stuff that Jesus used to commit war crimes?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    Christophorus

Isn’t that the stuff that Jesus used to commit war crimes?

Hahaha.
  • What's the best arcade racer one can get for PS4/PS5? Happy with a remaster.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    What's the best arcade racer one can get for PS4/PS5? Happy with a remaster.

Burnout I guess since you can no longer buy driveclub.
  • Paradise? I love that game, but jeez, it's going back some.

Wish Driveclub was still going.
  • drumbeg wrote:
    Paradise? I love that game, but jeez, it's going back some.

Wish Driveclub was still going.

Yeh paradise.

If you can get a disk copy it's still superb.
    So glad I bought digital when I did.

Could do with a new arcade racer myself.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    NFS Hot Piss
  • Ooooh, that's the one. Will run lickety split too.
  • Is there a recent version of Wipeout?

There’s Pacer, if not. Wipeout in all but name.

I know it’s not cars, but it’s always been Playstation’s best racing game.
  • Yes, Omega Collection. It's fantastic.
  • Can you not play Driveclub still though? Appreciate the online element has been ditched but there's still a game in there isn't there?
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I'm tempted to splash on Paradise. I played online with some peeps from here many years ago!

edit : Opted for a month of EA Play to check out Paradise. Also, this gets me access to Grid, NFS and other goodies.
  • Eric wrote:
    Can you not play Driveclub still though? Appreciate the online element has been ditched but there's still a game in there isn't there?

It's a fair point. Although with Driveclub being a little more serious, I'm probably always going to pick a fully functioning GT Sport over it.
  • Cheers. I opted to play a bit of Grid, but wasn't feeling the career structure. After a while I just ended up putting GT Sport on.
  • I used reward points to get Hot Wheels Unleashed the other day as a nice Christmas present to myself -only cost £3 after using reward points! Oh damn it’s good. It has a really nice control scheme, the races are stupidly fun and it’s just a cracking game.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!