Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    For all Bing's advances over older flight sims, we're still limited by its minimum ceiling.

There are rivers where villages are for me.
  • You guys gotta get on this -

rtZXpfc.png

gHpdNRP.png

kYolla2.png

QzNlDBd.png

lZCUojT.png

zN2QJBe.png

Proper good craic.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    P for Popsy
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Those graphics'd be great in a dogfighting sim.
  • IL-2 Battles of x is great if you want some WW2 shooty fun. Waiting for the next sale and I'll get the Battle of Bodenplatte.
  • I had a blast on this on Friday night on my One X. It's pretty impressive.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • World Update IX: Italy & Malta will be released in about 4 hours.
  • I've just discovered the free and extremely wonderful Discus 2c Glider -

tyaN6HV.png

SqifTBy.png

urN2DJQ.png

zpcP48o.png

I really wish I'd discovered gliding earlier, it's way more interesting and fun than I thought it would be. You need to use updrafts and thermals to maintain and gain altitude, it's amazing how the sim actually seems to simulate hot air rising over cities, you can go hundreds of miles quite easily. Just a very different experience compared to flying a powered plane. I'm immediately hooked and will now have to devote some of my life to trying to do the real thing.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Have always fancied gliding.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    My dad had a remote controlled glider when I was a kid. It was a massive, incredibly fragile thing which he never let me control, which in retrospect was probably a very sensible move.
  • I've been gliding. Went at the wrong time of year so it didn't last very long.
  • Gliding does strange things to my brain. Like I understand the principles but because drafts aren't so obvious it just seems like weird magic. I can't trust it!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Unlikely wrote:
    I've been gliding. Went at the wrong time of year so it didn't last very long.

I think there's a gif of it.
  • Pilotwings64 hangliding so best.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Gliding does strange things to my brain. Like I understand the principles but because drafts aren't so obvious it just seems like weird magic. I can't trust it!

Yeah there's some definite unintuitiveness to how it works and how they can stay aloft for so long without power. Similar to sailing and how boats can travel upwind, I super recommend Sailwind for that experience, still in early access development though.

I've been flying for a while in MSFS with small lightweight bush planes that get thrown around a lot in high winds, so I've gotten a decent idea of how to visualise the air currents going up and over hills. You can see how the airflow over terrain is actually simulated 3 mins into this video -

Did an epic flight going northeast riding the winds along the ridgelines north of Geneva -

ws28yIW.png

It's all about harvesting and maintaining energy. Much more than any other type of aircraft gliders really seem to be about the journey, because you can't rely on a constant source of power which usually makes getting from A to B fairly trivial. You really have to hand fly the thing and improvise the route as you go along, and because you're only doing like 50-100 MPH and there's no noisy ass engine deafening you you get to really enjoy the scenery. I'm totally sold.
  • Yep, boats sailing upwind is another one.

Is the glider available on Xbox?

My only gliding experience was a simulated engine failure where the instructor pulled the throttle and said "Pick a field".
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Discus-2c FES (Premium) is in final stages of development. Beta will be kicking off as soon as we implement a few more critical features. This will be releasing on the official marketplace bundled with an upgraded standard (non-FES) version on both PC and Xbox.

Don't think there are any gliders on the in-game Marketplace atm, which is a bummer. Hopefully it won't be too long before the Discus releases and other gliders make their way onto it too. Asobo themselves should really add one too.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Hodge360 wrote:
    Yep, boats sailing upwind is another one. Is the glider available on Xbox? My only gliding experience was a simulated engine failure where the instructor pulled the throttle and said "Pick a field".

Fuck.
  • You basically always want to have a reasonable landing spot that you can glide to in sight at all times. Quite fun cutting it close with the glider, haven't proper binned it yet. In real life I'm sure you would give yourself much more safety margin though.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    There's a gliding club on top of my neighbouring hill, but I've never fancied it. Nor ballooning.

I just stand there like Herve Villechaize saying ‘Da balloon! Da balloon!’. I like looking at the balloons.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I once watched folk in hang gliders step off at Knockagh monument which is 1200ft up. Trusting the physics. Christ

Knockagh Monument

knockagh.jpg
  • Hey Everyone! We are nearing a timeline where we can adress the upcoming Features before we enter Beta Testing!

List of Expected Premium Features:

New 18m FES Varient
        V80 Variometer (FES & Standard)
        Front Electric Sustainer Motor (FES)
        FES FCU Control Panel (FES)
        Tablet (Toggle Available Options) (FES & Standard)
        Built-In Tow Compatibility (No Kinetic Assistant Required) (FES & Standard)
        Custom Sounds (FES & Standard)
        Custom FES Animations on Start-Up/Shutdown (FES)
        Launch Radio Comms (FES & Standard)
        Built-In Cable Visuals (No Kinetic Assistant Required) (FES & Standard)
        Modified LX Navigation and GPS Navigation Systems (FES & Standard)
        Working Circuit Breakers (FES & Standard)
        Wing Wheels (FES)
        New Liveries (FES & Standard)
        Customizable Canopy Tint Colors (FES & Standard)

List of Expected Premium and Freeware Features:

In-Game Checklist (FES, Standard & Freeware)
        New Default Thermal Activated Freeplay Weather Preset (FES, Standard & Freeware)
        New Oxygen Tank System (FES, Standard & Freeware)
        Add Vorticies Effects (FES, Standard & Freeware)

Marketplace Releases & Estimate Release:

Flightsim.to (Early June 2022)
        Freeware Update (Early June 2022)
        Official Marketplace & Xbox (Late June 2022)

Can’t wait to share more screenshots, trailers and more while we enter the Beta Testing Phase!
    1e6618730d1bfb691998a9960dbcd54bd5b56e5f_2_690x383.jpeg

You can see the little propeller for the front sustainer motor flattened up against the fuselage. Pretty cool stuff.
  • Top Gun update is out, and there's a wee extra...
    Spoiler:
  • Tried to have a go on cloud last night but none of the addons were installed. So.ehow thought the cloud version would automatically have all bells and whistles but you still have to "download " them.
  • Don't play this via cloud unless you have a shit TV and like shit looking a bit shit. 

Downloaded Maverick update and about to give the "wee extra" a shot.
  • OK it is nuts.
  • It seemed to work pretty well for me via cloud, though that might just be because I was quite high up and everything was too small to know if it looked worse than normal.
  • Unlikely wrote:
    Don't play this via cloud unless you have a shit TV and like shit looking a bit shit.  Downloaded Maverick update and about to give the "wee extra" a shot.

I have a LG OLED C7 and 900mb broadband and it looked fine for me on my One X? I was pretty impressed considering.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • No HDR and a notably lower res and framerate when I accidentally launched it via cloud.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!