If you could live anywhere in the world....
‹ Previous1234
  • So if you could choose to live anywhere in the world where would it be, while 1) you are working 2) when you retire.

UK despite the weather has many positives. No extreme weather, not in an earthquake zone. No real poisonous creatures. Politically stable democracy. Stuff we take for a given.

Anyway, i like the idea of Vancouver. Less gum crime than USA. Lovely outdoors. Whistler on your doorstep. English is still the main lanaguage. Should be able to find work. Never visited New Zealand, but heard its lovely and that would be a contender if its an nice as what ive been told.

As for retirement, somewhere warm, with white sands and clear blue water on my doorstep. Caribbean is a cliche answer, so i have left it open ended and not named a specific place.
  • If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be in Arabia. The sands, the tent, the dirt - it's where I belong, isn't it? Yes. Arabia.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • I like the idea of New Zealand at the moment for both working and retirement. 
    Seems like they have their stuff together.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I’d like to be a bazillionaire in the middle of New York City.
  • If I could live anywhere in the world, it would be in Arabia. The sands, the tent, the dirt - it's where I belong, isn't it? Yes. Arabia.

Yes, with your camels.
  • I need proper open country and real forests. Considering Finland.

Going anywhere really hot is daft atm, climate change could make some areas uninhabitable.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If you could work from home then it wouldn't really matter where you were I suppose. A lot of us, myself included, live where we do for work reasons and not much else. I'd probably head down south if I could, maybe to Granada or Sevilla.

Kho Pha Ngan in Thailand to retire, if it hadn't become too overrun. Fantastic beaches, palm trees, great food. I'd scoot off on my moped in the morning to have marinated pork and rice for breakfast, and spend the evenings watching the sun go down with a Singha beer in my hand. I don't know what I'd do in the middle of the day but I'm sure I'd find something.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I need a city, and it would be Tokyo because I am an unsurprising person. It would be the same for work and retiring
  • I'd like somewhere with mountains,forests and a lake. Ideally far enough away from people that I'd have to drive to see a neighbor
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I like it where I am thanks.
  • I'm saying Canada. Really like Tofino, a small town in vancouver island, with loads of amazing scenery, wildlife, surfing etc. Just a wholesome place.

Something like that
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I love a big city, me, so I’m pretty happy in London.

Could be tempted by New York, possibly even Paris (if someone downloaded French into my brain), or perhaps some other European city I’ve yet to visit, although the fact that all of my family is also in London is a big draw.
  • I'd like somewhere with mountains,forests and a lake. Ideally far enough away from people that I'd have to drive to see a neighbor

NgDCR2R.gif
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Vancouver would be a good call. City and snow, what more could you ask for?

I've always liked the idea of NZ, but some anecdotal stuff that racism isn't much better there than  Australia, obviously especially targeted to the indigenous people, wouldn't want to be around that.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I need a city, and it would be Tokyo because I am an unsurprising person. It would be the same for work and retiring

I like the idea of Tokyo. Love the city. Amazing place to visit. However the issues with taking annual leave, excessive overtime, very long working hours and lack of floor space for housing would put me off.
  • I cannot stand living in cities, but they can be very useful for stuff, particularly gigs and art etc. Ideally I'd be somewhere well out of it, but close enough to a fast train that could get me in and out of a centre sharpish if I felt like it. Japan could be a candidate though I'll have to do some research.
  • Berlin is a great shout Gav.

I have to live in a city. The very thought of an hour journey to get anything just brings me into a cold shiver.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yep.

And having to catch the last train home rather than being able to stumble on to a bus or into a taxi.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Politically stable democracy
    Hmm
  • My aunt had an amazing house in Colorado, nestled right in the mountains, snow everywhere, she has to drive with snow chains to get anywhere. Surrounded by forest I sat on her deck and watched Deer just grazing in the garden.
    Her nearest neighbour was a half mile drive.
    Just pure bliss, the night sky was incredible as there was zero light pollution.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Politically stable democracy
    Hmm

Permanent Tory rule is about as politically stable as you get.
    Austria says Hi, particularly the area around Salzburg.

Great food, great weather in summer and winter, lots of mountains, forests and lakes.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Copenhagen. I love it there and it's a place we seriously considered moving to after a visit a few years back.
  • My aunt had an amazing house in Colorado, nestled right in the mountains, snow everywhere, she has to drive with snow chains to get anywhere. Surrounded by forest I sat on her deck and watched Deer just grazing in the garden.
    Her nearest neighbour was a half mile drive.
    Just pure bliss, the night sky was incredible as there was zero light pollution.

That sounds amazing. I have often thought of a log cabin in alaska wilderness with some huskies. Though the reality of the situation would probably be awful.

Begin surrounded by nature, peace and quiet and ability to see the night sky without pollution sounds great.
  • Oh yea, must be a cold climate. I melt in most climates and can't stand summer temperatures
  • Tough question. That Colorado house sounds great. Though I'd be freaked out that I'd get invaded by Bigfoot or murderous, rapey mountain men.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Just have some big guns innit.
  • Iv only been abroad once when I was about 13/14 and lived in a children's home and all I really remember is getting Bullied the whole time.
    So anywere abroad, I'd just like to see anywere else.
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!