Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown/Ultimate Showdown/eSports
  • So this is now out and I couldn't see a thread so here's one.

It's free on PSN if you have Playstation Plus and is only a 2GB download so won't eat up too much space on your HDD. It's also on XBL for 1200 MSP I think.

This is supposed to be the best version of VF5 and is considered as good as VF4:Evo.

I'll be starting from scratch with Lion because I've not played a VF game since 3:TB on Dreamcast.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I have a VF game but I forget which one it is. Was 5 released a few years ago?
  • The vanilla ed is free on PS Plus, the complete edition still has to be said for.
    What's the difference? Is it just all DLC included?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Kow wrote:
    I have a VF game but I forget which one it is. Was 5 released a few years ago?
    5 was released a few years ago yeah, this is the latest (last) version of 5.
    Sasukekun wrote:
    The vanilla ed is free on PS Plus, the complete edition still has to be said for. What's the difference? Is it just all DLC included?

Just all the costume DLC. Nothing important to the game.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Is the older version of 5 compatible with this new one for online mp stuff?
  • Was going to ask that. I'll just type this, instead.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • I have this. I haven't played a VF since VF1. Plumped for Jean and his luxury hair.

@kow - think this is standalone for the mp. Quite a few changes to the engine, moves, etc... from 5 I'm lead to believe.
  • Yeah it's not compatible, but it is dirt cheap and comes with a very good training mode.
  • Too hardcore for me. Tried VF5, couldn't do anything on it.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    its awesome, im really rusty though.
    i mained goh in 5 but might try one of the 2 new charecters or pai.

anyone wants some on ps3 hit me up.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Meh,too little too late. I have 1 - 5 and haven't played any in years.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    What the fuck!? I have the demo. Paid to unlock the full thing, and now it's making me download 2 gig again!?  :/
  • VF5:Final Curtain amirite.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Curtis wrote:
    What the fuck!? I have the demo. Paid to unlock the full thing, and now it's making me download 2 gig again!?  :/

The standard retail version or the complete version with all the extra costumes?

The costumes are about 2GB.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Just the 1200 point version. All the costumes are seperate on 360.
  • If there's no other VF thread, how about this one for Ultimate Showdown?

I grabbed it yesterday after it dropped by 65% and it's just as good as I remember, although I'm a lot worse at it.

Best bit is that it lets you select between all the VF soundtracks for arcade mode.

No fighting game track can ever stack up to the brilliance of VF5 original Statues (Akira theme).
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Edited the thread title.

I'm up for VF games, despite being terrible at it.

I know Kneecap is too.

Netcode is odd. It's still using delay based, but routes through Google relay servers, so if you live near one, the connections are generally good. Probably the best delay based netcode we've ever had in a fighting game. If you don't live near one however, it'll be awful.

I do, so I generally get good connections. Also, I never have trouble finding games whenever I try, so matchmaking works.
  • Yep I'm up for games.

A lobby some evening would be sick.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • I would love to play but I take it this is PS only?
  • Yeah, only got released on PSN.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!