The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • Damn i missed the post credit scene. This episode was much stronger. The buddy cop vibes came back and the stuff with Bradley was really interesting. I'm a bit concerned about the training montage. It just brings that scene to mind of Steve lapping Sam jogging in Washington.

I thought the fight wasn't great. No real imagination in the choreography.
    The lack of freckles was great. I really dislike that character.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Wyatt Russell deserves praise for his rage Cap.

Shame they didn’t give him enough time to develop the character more.

Im still failing to see the point of Zemo in all this, unless there’s a teist. Zemo could literally have been any token iffy rich bloke

Walkers scene in the courtroom was really really well done. He’s doing a fantastic job as Agent.

Zemo... I mean that can’t be the last you see of him right? You’re right there was no need. Or the ‘power broker’ even really, or even Carter... it feels a bit like ‘guess what these characters from previous cap films are up to’ rather than anything to aid the actual story.

Which, you know whatever, I’m enjoying it for what it is, seeing zemo in the purple mask made me excited so I’m the wrong person to ever critically evaluate it honestly, it’s fan service and I’m sitting in anticipation of seeing Sams new suit more than anything!
  • Im with you, Zemo in the mask and coat was epic. Which is why i hope he doesn’t just end there.

And im buzzing for next weeks throw down. Walker was strong, it took Bucky and Falcons jet to snap his arm. Hes really strong. I suppose starting point is key. Steve was like a weedy little kid. Walker started as a 16 stone meatball then took the cerum.

Im really enjoying it so far.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Last epsiode isnt it next friday ?

I think the GRE/blip story could have been better written, then again its probably hard to convey onscreen the impact and ramifications of 3.5billion people who have been gone for 5 years reappearing.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Last epsiode isnt it next friday ?

I think the GRE/blip story could have been better written, then again its probably hard to convey onscreen the impact and ramifications of 3.5billion people who have been gone for 5 years reappearing.

I’m actually convinced they had to cut a load of it out due to being too close to current events (pandemic etc) which would explain so much.

Also, if that was the case then they also added more with regards to race and with Bradley due to the BLM movement that occurred during the pandemic, I can see that being added (or at least built upon) later as well.

Swings and roundabouts then.
  • The Bradley stuff is going to built to Patriot and the Young Avengers I assume.
  • I'm convinced there will be nothing in any of these Marvel shows that offers anything significant to the movies.

I think they will remain skippable offering a depth instead of breadth to the MCU.

So sure of this I'm that I am willing to wager a whole 5 pounds on a charity bet that Sam will not end the show a serumed super soldier.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I'm convinced there will be nothing in any of these Marvel shows that offers anything significant to the movies. I think they will remain skippable offering a depth instead of breadth to the MCU. So sure of this I'm that I am willing to wager a whole 5 pounds on a charity bet that Sam will not end the show a serumed super soldier.

I think they're going to introduce many of the characters they will have as the Young Avengers, plus characters that might end up in the films, like She Hulk.

Wandavision - Wiccan and Speed. 
    Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Patriot. 
    Hawkeye - Hawkeye (Kate Bishop). 
    Ms Marvel - Ms Marvel.
    Ironheart - Ironheart

I also doubt Sam is taking any super serum.
  • Yeh the avengers movie lineup will change especially with no iron man and cap, its a good way to introduce or expand the backstory of other avengers. Super Patriot is gonna be working for hydra so he aint gonna be an avenger.

I think the shield will be retired and seeing super patriot running around working for hydra in an imitation cap suit will annoy the avengers.
  • Patriot is Eli Bradley, Isaiah's grandson.
  • Super patriot also known as US agent in the comics is john walker. The extra scene at the end of epsiode 4 gave it away as was constructing his own cap shield. Which is what super partriot/US agent has in the comics.
  • Harry Kane won't make it out of this show.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I'm convinced there will be nothing in any of these Marvel shows that offers anything significant to the movies. I think they will remain skippable offering a depth instead of breadth to the MCU. So sure of this I'm that I am willing to wager a whole 5 pounds on a charity bet that Sam will not end the show a serumed super soldier.

I think they're going to introduce many of the characters they will have as the Young Avengers, plus characters that might end up in the films, like She Hulk.

Wandavision - Wiccan and Speed. 
    Falcon and the Winter Soldier - Patriot. 
    Hawkeye - Hawkeye (Kate Bishop). 
    Ms Marvel - Ms Marvel.
    Ironheart - Ironheart

I also doubt Sam is taking any super serum.

Very much agree, also reckon young avengers will be a TV series rather than a film franchise. I think liv is right, a majority of this stuff will be gated to the shows and not reach out into the films in a massive way. Seeing Falcon as cap in a new film would make sense just from watching endgame, the show just adds a bit more depth to how he got there.

You wouldn’t want to gate the films off from an audience who hasn’t seen the shows/subscribe to Disney+.
  • I do wonder if Loki will eventually lead to Kid Loki, which is the best Loki.

Loki.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Harry Kane won't make it out of this show.
    Lol he does look like him. He wont be killed off in next episode hes just been introduced to madame hydra. I expect to see john walker stuff in someones phase 4 movies or tv show we dont know about.
  • Those who missed the mid-credits scene, it's in that IGN vid posted on the previous page.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I thought Episode 5 was much better, perhaps because most of it was at arm's length from the borked main plot? Hopefully the last episode was always intended to be more about punching than the motivations of the bad guys and thus will be unaffected by whatever on earth happened to the plot.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The winter soldier launching himself in the air via crashing a motorcycle? ...... seems to be a lot about punching stuff
    PSN - minkymu
  • Nawh Sam is getting the serum for sure. Those comments about the serum making you more you and its been made really clear this series that non super humans have very little chance against super soldiers.
  • There is no more serum. nu cap took the last vial and zemo smashed the rest.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Did angry Cap actually take the serum or was it just implied? Sam ditching the wings seems kinda suggestive of him ending up with some serum to me (unless the thing in his case is a Wakandan replacement wing suit) but we'll have to see I guess.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • He bent a metal pole really easily so yeah, must have taken it.

That's the bit where Sam says "what did you do...?"
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah he took it.

I'd say that the box bucky drops off is a wakandan wing suit but with fancy cpt america colours for the big reveal. I suppose he was doing ground training and flippy jumps with the shield so I guess potentially they could go flightless with him but that'd be weird.

Probably wants hydra tech rather than wakandan based on Bucky's new arm. Breaks after a wee bash on the wall. Very shoddy.
  • Frosty wrote:
    There is no more serum. nu cap took the last vial and zemo smashed the rest.
    Maybe......
  • The Wakandan suit is probably partially made of vibrinium, and augments his strength. That's much more likely to me than him taking the super serum.
  • They also said Steve is gone in this episode which i found a bit weird. He isn’t dead. Just retired.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I still think the powerbroker has some serum, although Dantes version sounds good
    PSN - minkymu
  • Just caught up with Ep5, and I'm now convinced that I seem to be watching a completely different show to some of you, because barring the odd commendable idea, this really is absolute garbage.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • The Wakandan suit is probably partially made of vibrinium, and augments his strength. That's much more likely to me than him taking the super serum.

Yeah, that's my thoughts too - like BPs suit, absorbs and redirects energy. I don't think that Blacktain America will fly though, I think the army sidekick guy will take over as Falcon.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • If the suit augments his strength then just take the serum ffs.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!