The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It's not as reasonable to expect people to watch a movie on day 1 as with a TV show and there may be movies releasing in the middle of a TV run.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • The shows and the films are so entwined though that it seems odd to separate them. They're all one thing.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm not averse to having film chat in here I just don't think day one untagged spoilers for a random movie that comes along while people are discussing a TV show is right. We could agree a shorter statute of limitations like two weeks are something. What do people think?
  • It looks very much like the 4 that has been used as one of the logos previously. Whether this is an actual tease, or just is for phase 4, and was designed to get people talking, I don't know.

I'd probably put off doing Fantastic 4 until the next phase.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I've just checked the dates and we're gonna be discussing Black Widow spoilers and Loki season finale spoilers at the same time so riddle me that y'all.
  • Pretty sure that is Fantastic 4.
    I cant remember then branding phases before.

In general I cant say there was too much there for me. It needs a big name like Fantastic 4. I realise Iron Man wasn't huge before the first movie but he was more well known than these lot.
  • I think Marvel need to have a few non-universe movies to keep things rolling. At this point there will be so many super-powered people in the marvel universe that it will loose all meaning to non comic-book fans. 

Like have your blade movie, but dont link it in with the rest. Not only will it be better for non-fans to follow, but it would allow them to explore different styles. One of the things I liked about Netflix Marvel was that it was different and un-connected for the most part from the other stuff. I can see this universe eating itself in terms of continuity soon enough and it will only take a few bad ones to spoil the whole batch.

unlock the US Police force
    SFV - reddave360
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I've just checked the dates and we're gonna be discussing Black Widow spoilers and Loki season finale spoilers at the same time so riddle me that y'all.

How about we all just use spoiler tags and then everyone can talk about whatever they like?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Loki dies.
  • Again?
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Loved the original Blade movie, sequels not so much... much as I love Ryan Reynolds he did not belong in that movie. Looking forward to new Blade.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Again?

It’s his lot in life.
  • Loved the original Blade movie, sequels not so much... much as I love Ryan Reynolds he did not belong in that movie. Looking forward to new Blade.

Dump on blade 3 all you want,  I wont hear a harsh word against Blade 2 (or The Strain: First Draft as its sometimes known)
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I think Marvel need to have a few non-universe movies to keep things rolling. At this point there will be so many super-powered people in the marvel universe that it will loose all meaning to non comic-book fans.

That's where separating where people operate becomes a thing. 

Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor are off somewhere else in the universe. 
    Loki is in an entirely different timeline, so may as well not be connected. 
    Black Widow is in the past. 
    Dr Strange and Scarlett Witch will be having fun with the Multiverse, as presumebly is Spider-Man. 
    Ant Man and The Wasp will be pissing about in the Quantum Realm.
    Shang Chi seems to be a mix of California and China.
    Black Panther likely will be largely Wakanda based.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Loved the original Blade movie, sequels not so much... much as I love Ryan Reynolds he did not belong in that movie. Looking forward to new Blade.

Dump on blade 3 all you want,  I wont hear a harsh word against Blade 2 (or The Strain: First Draft as its sometimes known)

Yes! I need to finish The Strain, I dropped off it after a big thing happened at the end of the third (I think) series
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Loved the original Blade movie, sequels not so much... much as I love Ryan Reynolds he did not belong in that movie. Looking forward to new Blade.
    Blade 2 was good. But I didnt really like the science (lol) side of things coming in. I prefer my vampires mystical! I thought the first Blade had a bit more atmosphere and grit. 
    Blade 3 also starred Triple H as an angry vampire with big silver fangs.Gets 3 stars automatically for that. So swings and roundabouts really.

Im only a few episodes into The Strain S1. Must get back to it.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I think Marvel need to have a few non-universe movies to keep things rolling. At this point there will be so many super-powered people in the marvel universe that it will loose all meaning to non comic-book fans.
    That's where separating where people operate becomes a thing.  
    Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor are off somewhere else in the universe.  
    Loki is in an entirely different timeline, so may as well not be connected.  
    Black Widow is in the past.  
    Dr Strange and Scarlett Witch will be having fun with the Multiverse, as presumebly is Spider-Man.  
    Ant Man and The Wasp will be pissing about in the Quantum Realm. 
    Shang Chi seems to be a mix of California and China.
    Black Panther likely will be largely Wakanda based.
    I don't see this Marvel stuff having any future...
  • Gav, what do you think?
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Yes! I need to finish The Strain, I dropped off it after a big thing happened at the end of the third (I think) series

RedDave2 wrote:
    Blade 2 was good. But I didnt really like the science (lol) side of things coming in. I prefer my vampires mystical! I thought the first Blade had a bit more atmosphere and grit.  Blade 3 also starred Triple H as an angry vampire with big silver fangs.Gets 3 stars automatically for that. So swings and roundabouts really. Im only a few episodes into The Strain S1. Must get back to it.

I liked the Strain and I thought it was really good with the initial episodes and the plague spreads. Its not brilliant but I'm a sucker (pun intended) for Vampire movies and shows in general (even gave Twilight a look) It limps a bit over the finish line but I think overall its worth a look. On Disney plus of all places.
    RedDave2 wrote:
    I think Marvel need to have a few non-universe movies to keep things rolling. At this point there will be so many super-powered people in the marvel universe that it will loose all meaning to non comic-book fans.
    That's where separating where people operate becomes a thing.  Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor are off somewhere else in the universe.  Loki is in an entirely different timeline, so may as well not be connected.  Black Widow is in the past.  Dr Strange and Scarlett Witch will be having fun with the Multiverse, as presumebly is Spider-Man.  Ant Man and The Wasp will be pissing about in the Quantum Realm. Shang Chi seems to be a mix of California and China. Black Panther likely will be largely Wakanda based.

I get that they are in different places (space, earth, this universe, that universe) but they share a common core. I specifically mean doing a marvel movie where its only that character or a select number of characters that exist there. So lets say blade - its only Blade and theres no chance of Tom Holland cameoing or Dr. Strange sending him a vision. Or the Vision. Linking things up is fun, but I feel comics have done this to the point where its impossible to see where to start. Plus if you have 100 people with super powers, they rapidly lose the special feel.
    SFV - reddave360
  • The Helstrom TV show was great, and had zero links to any of the MCU stuff.
  • That welcome back to the movies trailer was good. They does this so well. Definitely Fantastic Four at the end so Doom, Galactus or Kang as the big bad perhaps for phase four. Silver Surfer as a connecting character to phase five. Honestly, when WILL superhero moves take off? Let’s use this thread for all things MCU TV and films, spoiler tags as needed. Sorted.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • While I'm rapidly falling into the Zero Fucks Given camp for anything Marvel related at the moment, this does look like it might at least be fun...
  • Episode 1 of Loki was pretty decent then.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    What?! It’s out already?
  • Yeah that snuck up.
  • Yeh I enjoyed that.
  • digi wrote:
    Yeh I enjoyed that.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • <3 Hiddlestone
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I thought Owen Wilson was a pretty inspired piece of casting.
  • Didn't know Owen Wilson was in it.
    Wow.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!