MCU Disney+ Originals Spoiler Thread
  • I might be wrong. But I assume.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    It’ll be a £16 rental on Disney+ though, I assume. Not included as standard.

Balls. Guardian article didnt say that.

Yeah, you have to pay extra for Black Widow and Cruella. However Luca, the new Pixar film, will be free for Disney + subs in the same way that Soul was.

• Is there a time limit on these Disney Premium things or do you "own" it as long as you remain subbed?
  • Cruella looks unexpectedly ace, from the trailer. I guess that’s Emma Stone for you.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    In all seriousness, in the same way that we have separate Star Wars movie and TV spoiler threads, this is the TV spoiler thread, please don't post untagged spoilers or generally spoiler-inconsiderate stuff about Black Widow in here until it leaves Premier Access.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    In all seriousness, in the same way that we have separate Star Wars movie and TV spoiler threads, this is the TV spoiler thread, please don't post untagged spoilers or generally spoiler-inconsiderate stuff about Black Widow in here until it leaves Premier Access.

She dies. Spoiler alert.
  • If it becomes the norm that films release at home at the same time as the big screen then that's the end of cinemas for me. I've probably been 40 or 50 times over the past ten years and can count on one hand the amount of times I enjoyed it. I don't want to pay £16 to watch a film at home but I'll probably cave at some point when something comes along with enough hype. Black Widow probably won't be the one to do it.
  • You don't need to know anything about Rambeau beyond what you're told in Wandavision.

The alien at the end was a Skrull recruiting her for a mission with Nick Fury. But even if you've not seen Captain Marvel or Spider-Man:Far from Home, the series tells you that Monica works for an agency that deals with alien threats, and that her mother used to run it. So when we get to that mid credits scene:
    “I was sent by an old friend of your mother’s,” the Skrull says. “He heard you’d been grounded. He’d like to meet with you.”

“Where?” Monica asks.

The Skrull responds by simply pointing upward.

A non fan can infer from the information given that a man who worked with her mother about weird alien stuff wants to meet her in space. It's probably not just for a chat about old times.

I did infer all of that - I just felt it was a bit indulgent, especially as aside from exposition, aliens hadn't been a part of this series at all - I guess it's just another post-credits teaser, though.
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • EvilRedEye wrote:

Hold on, if this is the spoiler thread then surely anything goes?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Except spoiler tags
  • But it’s the spoiler thread for the TV shows. Not the movies. This MCU stuff is overcomplicated, y’see? Unmanageable.
  • poprock wrote:
    This MCU stuff is overcomplicated, y’see? Unmanageable.
    Who are you a DC exec?
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Is there a time limit on these Disney Premium things or do you "own" it as long as you remain subbed?

That's basically it I believe (I haven't actually done it).  From my understanding you can watch it as much as you like once you've paid the initial price, but only if you still have a Disney + subscription.  At some stage of course the film will end up on Disney + anyway.

So it's probably a great deal if you (or your kids) are likely to want to watch the film over and over again, and you were planning on sticking with Disney anyway.  Less so if you couldn't care less about Disney + but just fancied seeing Black Widow without risking Covid.
  • I fancy Black Widow.
  • There’s probably a different website for that.
  • Tbf i think the flag smashers guy might have xmen powers
    XBox - minkymu
    Switch- minkymu
  • Pirate it and send an orphan a tenner.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Spiderman can make his own money.
    Fucking moocher.
  • There is some jaw dropping bad cgi in ep 2. Falcon literally clipping through some trees so he 'flashes' in and out. Awful!!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Not sure if this'll work, minor spoilers for a 7 second clip in first 10 mins of ep 2:
    Spoiler:
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Lots of Young Avengers set-up in these. There's yer Patriot.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Just watched the second episode.  Fairly insipid stuff, this.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Not sure if this'll work, minor spoilers for a 7 second clip in first 10 mins of ep 2:
    Spoiler:
    Yeah that’s poor. If they’d thrown in some breaking branches they might have got away with it.

• Tbh i really like the actor they picked to play us agent/ new Cap
    XBox - minkymu
    Switch- minkymu
  • He does angry/ rage issues very well. (See overlord)
    XBox - minkymu
    Switch- minkymu
  • That episode was ok once I’d made the mental adjustment to how stupid it all was.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Felt like a step up from the first episode. Falcon and Bucky bickering is entertaining enough.
    Don't prepare for appointment.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I thought that was really good. The chemistry between Winter Soldier and Falcon was spot on and the new Cap was suitably gung-ho for us to know he’s not the one.

It’s basically a buddy cop Marvel story and it works so far. The bad guys motives are just window dressing.

And I like how they don’t shy away from the race issue. The bit where the kid says my dad calls you “Black Falcon” and the police stop were both spot on and relevant imo.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!