The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Oh has Next picked up? I think you said you weren’t sure after first episode.
  • It’s cheese, but good cheese. I’m hooked now.

He’s not the star, but the most interesting character so far is
    Spoiler:

That spoiler’s safe to read if you’ve seen the first episode.
  • Okay, the new Loki trailer looks right up my street. I’m back in.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Gonna jump back in as need something to watch. Didn’t finish the first episode.

They are really running with the Steve Jobs thing eh? Name of the show, driven individual, strained relationship with daughter, fired from company looking to do the Next thing. Someone was obviously a fan of the biog.
  • poprock wrote:
    Okay, the new Loki trailer looks right up my street. I’m back in.
    Aye, this looks like it might be fun...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Does he fight anyone on top of a lorry though?
  • Loki trailer looks the business. I liked WandaVision for its weirdness and this looks more of the same. Finding Falcon and Winter Soldier a little bit one dimensional. Loving that Loki trailer tho.

As long as Loki doesn’t clip through nearby trees of course.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Episode 4 done. Bucky and falcon are boring as fuck. There is no witty back and forth. No buddy cop movie vibes,no personality. The villian is crap also. However I'm loving Zemo and new cap. Id rather spend the time with those two. A show about evil cap could work.

Also if Sharon or whatever her name is doesn't turn out to be the power broker I'll be mildly surprised
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I decided during this episode that this is the first MCU thing I've watched that is genuinely boring. Like the movies have their ups and downs and I don't really like The Incredible Hulk but I wouldn't say any of them were stultifyingly dull. I was just tuning out through disinterest during this until the murder at the end.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Yeah it is really quite a drag for most of the run time.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Ending was solid enough even though you could see it coming. So she, like Wanda, is pretty much evil (actually she’s worse). The Marvel folks seem to have an obsession with saving people. Even if they’ve killed. Sorry blowing up people in a building isn’t redeemable. Or what she did in this ep.

• I find it really hard to follow the show because its so fucking boring.
    Is freckles trying to return the world to post blip pre unblip then? Doesn't she need a slightly bigger plan to do that?

What's Baron Von Kissalot's motive?

Why did the Wakanda Women turn up?

Why do they not suspect Baron Von Kissalot to be a villian when he was one before and is dressed like one now?

Will Harry Kane stay at Spurs?
  • poprock wrote:
    Falcon & Winter Soldier just reminds me of Agents of Shield. It’s very expensively made crap. Being so expensively made means it has decent actors and a decent script, making it fun and watchable, but at its heart it’s still crap. They could have leaned into the cheese and gone full moustache-twirling villain, swashbuckling heroes, etc … but Marvel just doesn’t quite allow that.

It’s a well-polished turd. Which is fine, as Unlikely says. But only just.

I am still absolutely loving Helstrom and Next, so I’m keeping up the Disney+ sub as long as they run. After that, dunno. Depends what they pull out of the bag next.

I ended up really quite enjoying AoS. Once it fully divorced itself from the MCU it cut loose and the main actors have tons of charisma. If you have up in season 1 can recommend
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I find it really hard to follow the show because its so fucking boring. Is freckles trying to return the world to post blip pre unblip then? Doesn't she need a slightly bigger plan to do that? 

Dunno

What's Baron Von Kissalot's motive?

No more super solders

Why did the Wakanda Women turn up?

To get Kissalot

Why do they not suspect Baron Von Kissalot to be a villian when he was one before and is dressed like one now?

Cos they are thick

Will Harry Kane stay at Spurs?

Dunno
  • Ah yeah. To be fair I had forgotten about the Baron anti super soldier motive, that was made clear.

Had also forgotten Kissalot killed old Black Panther. I have literally watched the entire MCU in a month or so and I'm forgetting this stuff. Then again Kissalot was always a shit character.
  • Tbh i just don’t get all the hate. Its a great Saturday tv show like the old days. Fuck me i used to watch the a team and airwolf. This is the same sort of fun tv, dumb and with better action and budget, with characters ive spent 10 years with.

Even after 10 years they are developing Bucky. I love it sorry.
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I didn’t hate it. It’s just a bit silly in places. They redeemed this episode at the end.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I don't hate it, it just makes me feel absolutely nothing in a bad way. Mando is a great old-style Saturday adventure show, this is just neither dramatic nor entertaining.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I'm pretty sure if I sat down to watch the A Team in 2021 as a mid 30s adult I would find it quite shit.
  • U defo would thats my point
    PSN - minkymu
  • I thought episode 4 was ok. Less story about the faceslappers or whatever they are called and more about the new Cap and the main characters. It was ok and the first scene in Wakanda with Buck was very good. It was ok.
  • Harry Kane tho.
  • That was alright once it got going. Walker is easily the most interesting character. How many people did Sam blow up in that helicopter bit in episode 1. But Walker kills one terrorist and no one can believe it. Admittedly he bludgeoned him to death in a busy public square in a rage-fuelled vendetta. It’s a shame they didn’t give him more screen time to go from decent guy trying his best to unhinged maniac.

Wakandan fight was dumb. Zemo escape was dumb. Ginger lady can’t or won’t act and is woefully miscast as the ring leader of a band of international terrorists.

As long as it’s not dawdling in the plot progression, it’s fine, I like it up to a point. Just needs to keep the foot on the gas until the end now.
  • I told you all pages back they picked the perfect actor for Walker. Mr Russell does RAGE! very well. Walker will only get worse if he follows the characters comic book journey.

I cannot wait
    PSN - minkymu
  • Zemos going to turn Americas new icon on themselves
    PSN - minkymu
  • *shrug*
  • :D
  • I mean tbf they’ve not yet constructed a mini tank out of a filing cabinet, whilst they were foolishly locked in a barn with welding equipment ......
    PSN - minkymu
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Cabbage thrower

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!