The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • I ain’t putting on no wings fool.
  • Poor joke got what it deserved.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Shouldn’t have milked it.
  • monkey wrote:
    That was alright once it got going. Walker is easily the most interesting character. How many people did Sam blow up in that helicopter bit in episode 1. But Walker kills one terrorist and no one can believe it. Admittedly he bludgeoned him to death in a busy public square in a rage-fuelled vendetta. It’s a shame they didn’t give him more screen time to go from decent guy trying his best to unhinged maniac.

Wakandan fight was dumb. Zemo escape was dumb. Ginger lady can’t or won’t act and is woefully miscast as the ring leader of a band of international terrorists.

As long as it’s not dawdling in the plot progression, it’s fine, I like it up to a point. Just needs to keep the foot on the gas until the end now.

Yep that's my feels on walker and terrorist woman. Nice to see addressed that non supes Vs supes will only end one way. Rip battlestar.
    But deckle woman's plan. What is it exactly? I'm confused. She wants to redo the blip?
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I'm confused about her plan too. Was she one of the blipped and is now campaigning for the rights of the blipped? Or is it the other way round. She mentioned people being kicked out of homes. Is it that the blipped returned and all went back to the homes, thus displacing all the people that had moved it post-blip?
  • I thought she was a non-blipped who got fucked after they returned.
    I get the impression they are trying to do a Ra's Al Ghul thing but yeah there isn't a big plan in place yet and we should be coming into the final act now.
  • It’s stoopid. I’m not even sure what the blip is. There was ‘the snap’ where 50% of people disappeared and ‘the blip’ where everyone came back. Or is the whole thing now the blip?
    Countries welcomed immigrants in the 5 year period but now they’re back, everyone’s back to the same old nationalist protection stuff. It’s not how that would play out irl. Any by irl I mean what would really happen if a space alien used a magic glove to kill half the planet and they were brought back years later by a giant green monster wearing a different magic glove assembled from time travelling between alternate realities.
  • You can’t smash a flag either.
  • The meme of Zemo dancing, but edited to the tune of Abba give me a man after midnight, is THE campest thing i have ever seen. Genuine lolz
    PSN - minkymu
  • Agree that the actress playing the leader of the flag smashers is poorly cast but I'm confused why some of you are confused by her motives (although not by her plan - that's very much in the "step 1 - get serum, step 2 ??, step 3 - profit!")

It's pretty clear that some of what Thanos expected to happen kinda did (and for clarity, I read it that the snap is the moment people disappear, the blip is the period from the snap to the return)

So with half the population gone, life still had to go on. Jobs needed to be filled, services needed to be run and that meant a lot of countries were suddenly open for economic migration as they had roles that needing doing and they needed to build back their customer bases. But than the blip ends and everyone comes back so those who were there pre-snap want to go back to the way things were and those that got a boost in quality of life from the snap dont want to give up their gains of the last 5 years.

I think it's a great idea but maybe not ideal for a show centered on action and spies and super heroes. As a political drama it could have been quite interesting.

As a series I'm intrigued from week to week but because it's dealing with an interesting non-super hero concept it invites you to think a little - and sadly that's where the rest of the situation falls down. Not sure if it's the quality of writing staff or just an idea that feels too big for the show it's been assigned but it feels a bit all over the place.

It might have been better if it just focused on the concept of what happens when the new captain America is well intentioned but lacks the pure character that the original has. By far the best bit of the show for me is Walker both in terms of idea and the actor playing it. There's a certain parallel with the son of kurt Russell trying to step into those boots in a way, much like the story of the new cap.

Side note - completely think Andys idea would work for me. Thing is, they tried it a bit with agents of shield season 1 but they found better critical success when they went with season long arcs. I think the days of the one off episode show is sadly behind us, but it would be a great way to enhance the MCU.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Watched E4 earlier and it's the first one I've actually enjoyed.  Some decent crunchy action in there for once.  Optimistic for the final two.
  • I had no idea he was Kurt's son. That's a nice parallel of filling big boots for sure.
  • I’m glad some people are enjoying this, but I’ve just watched ep4, and it’s still just really not doing it for me. The action is by and large fine, but the writing is just some of the worst ever.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • @RedDave2 Nah her motives are explained. 
    That new agency Cap works for, if they are hoarding supplies etc and she is acting as Robin Hood then fine. Makes sense. But her plan is just an enigma. Why will opening the borders help anyone?

Also Wandavision and now this seem less like series and more just busy work, setting things up for the next round of movies.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I like her motivation and can see sympathy for it, although like Sam says her methods I don't agree with.

Enjoy the show though.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Well ep 5 is a doozy

Raaaaaaage. Nice opening.

Lovely flirting scene and gen lolz with Bucky and Falcons sister

Nice set up for walkers future and old black cap.

Plus powerbroker revealed
    PSN - minkymu
  • I enjoyed this ep more than normal.

I think the whole Harry Kane, old black super soldier, will he won't he take the shield stuff is good and its a bit of a shame there isn't more of it.

Freckles and Baron Von Kissalot I couldn't care less about, there was much less of them this episode and it was all the better for it.
  • Oh and a new uniform....... end credits scene too
    PSN - minkymu
  • Post credits?
    I didnt look and have deleted the file I downloaded.
  • Yup post credits. Ties uo a nice 3 or 4 way next week
    PSN - minkymu
  • Just sell the fucking boat already.
  • But it’s my parents legacy.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Oh and a new uniform....... end credits scene too

Glad you mentioned this was just about to switch off.

It was good enough but still a lot of filler. I guess they wrapped up some loose ends.
  • Why did they need a loan to do something it only took them a day to sort out themselves? If anything, the bank was too polite.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I enjoyed this ep more than normal.

I think the whole Harry Kane, old black super soldier, will he won't he take the shield stuff is good and its a bit of a shame there isn't more of it.

Freckles and Baron Von Kissalot I couldn't care less about, there was much less of them this episode and it was all the better for it.

I haven’t disliked the series at all really, but have to agree the stuff with Bradley and Sam is farrrrr more interesting than anything else going on. That speech between them in this episode was literally the most engaging and thought provoking part of this whole series. I was genuinely surprised how frank they were.

I would absolutely watch a series that shows us what Bradley did and what he went through, sounds like Weapon X meets the first Captain America film.
  • I liked that bit. And yeah they’re way more direct about race than I thought they would be.

I don’t know if I could recommend this to anyone but it’s just about working ok for me. The character stuff between Sam and Bucky is as subtle as a bus but that’s fine.

They really need to give Sam a shot of the serum. It looks like they’re going to make him go full Cap on the strength of one training montage.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Agreed on the training montage thing. Seemed like that needed far more for him to go up against super soldiers.

I’ve thought about the race stuff and I think it is important and definitely more so in America right now. The fact that Disney is highlighting this stuff is a good thing imo.

I think this review from IGN pretty much nails the positives and negatives of the episode.

• Wyatt Russell deserves praise for his rage Cap.

Shame they didn’t give him enough time to develop the character more.

Im still failing to see the point of Zemo in all this, unless there’s a teist. Zemo could literally have been any token iffy rich bloke
    PSN - minkymu
  • So what do we think, john walker becomes
    Spoiler:

Also epsiode 5
    Spoiler:

Also more importantly
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!