The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
‹ Previous123456740
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It's the Mando thread but for the Disney+ Original MCU shows.

Open spoilers at UK pace. Spoiler tag any leaks and plot speculation based on leaks or rumoured leaks.

WandaVision has now concluded, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier begins 19 March.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I cant believe she ate the whole thing.
  • I'll just paste this here then.

Why would she apologise? she literally says to Monica that nothing she can do will make things right to the people she enslaved.

I think the more important problem is why there were no consequences for her actions. Monica instead of trying to arrest her or admonish her instead tries to console her and excuse her actions. It should be possible to empathise with her grief and hold her accountable. Or try to at least.

Assume maybe the consequences are what will tie this into Dr Strange. Although where the hell was he in all this? Absolute worst sorcerer supreme.
  • *uses Hex Power to move thread to the correct folder*
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think a confrontation with the police/military trying to arrest her would have been a whole additional plot point that there wasn't really time for and would have repeated action content earlier in the episode.

I do think there will be long term consequences, I reckon in future MCU media this will turn out to have been a PR disaster for her.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    *uses Hex Power to move thread to the correct folder*

I completely forgot folders existed, lol.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I cant believe she ate the whole thing.
    and Big Bird didn't even try to stop her.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I liked WandaVision, but it has put me off watching the other series on a weekly basis. Looking forward all week to finding out what's going on only to not get any answers, or getting disappointing ones. I'll probably end up seeing spoilers on social media, but there wasn't really any meaningful stuff to spoil in this series.
  • I don’t expect all the series to be like Wandavision. It felt like they wanted to start off surreal/bizarre and morph it into something like Agents of SHIELD. Whereas Falcon & Winter Soldier looks like a Marvel take on the buddy cop genre, from its trailers.
  • I blame the pre-release marketing for my disappointment with WandaVision. I was expecting bizarre and a bit out there but got something very pedestrian.
    My excitement was piqued though when XMen Quicksilver appeared. Huzzah I thought. Here comes the multiverse and the intro of mutants. But no we got a dick joke of a The Last Jedi level.

Given my suspicious mind, I half expect that to be untrue and it to actually be Quicksilver.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • That's just a clever piece of trolling by Marvel to get you to temper your expectations going forward.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Expectations will certainly annoy some when watching this, I too was mildly annoyed with the Ralph reveal, but the heart of the show was showing Wanda dealing with her grief in a very human way and it nailed that for me.
    Things can only get better.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    Human as in messy and self reflection, not lazors obviously.
    Things can only get better.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    I think a confrontation with the police/military trying to arrest her would have been a whole additional plot point that there wasn't really time for and would have repeated action content earlier in the episode.

I do think there will be long term consequences, I reckon in future MCU media this will turn out to have been a PR disaster for her.

I don't really think it needed a confrontation with the police. All it needed was Monica, or at the very least Jimmy, to at least try and get Wanda to come quietly even if she went "lol no" and flew off. Wanda was clearly feeling contrite for what she did.

Makes Monica look like a total goober to just happily wave Wanda off.
  • I'm not convinced that Monica would have complete confidence in the federal agencies after what Hayward was up to.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, he was probably the most "off" thing about the show. Shoot first and ask later policy for children? He must have had a strong motivation for that, and for wanting to press Wanda's buttons with the dismembered Vision thing, but I think I missed what it was
  • I think brainwashing a whole town would trump any misgivings I had about the federal agencies.

She brainwashed a whole town Monica should be like "I get that you're sad but Yo! You can't do that"
  • Yeah, he was probably the most "off" thing about the show. Shoot first and ask later policy for children? He must have had a strong motivation for that, and for wanting to press Wanda's buttons with the dismembered Vision thing, but I think I missed what it was

The blip basically.
  • More like the BRAAAP amirite.
  • Someons else said it in the superhero films thread, wandavision did a good job of letting viewers know more about two chatacters who were on the periphery of phase 3 movies. With Iron Man, Black Widow and Cap America gone the Avengers team is gonna change. These tv shows, wandavision, falcon and the winter solider etc are letting viewers gain a better understanding of these characters who will probably have bigger roles in the avengers team going forwards.

I think Scarlet Witch is badass and i didnt think that before wandavision.

Lastly, iron man was the star of the avengers for the first three phases. Hes gonna be tough to replace as a star of the avengers. At least we get to see iron man one more time in the black widow movie.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Dinostar77 wrote:
    I think Scarlet Witch is badass and i didnt think that before wandavision.

Wut?

giphy.gif
  • I think it's Tony rather than Iron Man. It's set between Civil War and Infinity War I think, so he could be in costume, but I think I previously read that it will be Tony and not Iron Man.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    She had Thanos beat, he had to call in a fucking airstrike to save himself
  • I rewatched Age of Ultron off the back off this series, it was much better than I remember. Love that scene of them trying to lift the hammer. It twitches for Steve and he definitely pretends not to be able to lift it.
  • Took me a minute to figure out who you meant there because I had forgotten Cap’s real name was Steve.
  • I think we all twitch a little bit for Steve.
  • Heh Bearded Steve FTW
  • I rewatched Age of Ultron off the back off this series, it was much better than I remember. Love that scene of them trying to lift the hammer. It twitches for Steve and he definitely pretends not to be able to lift it.

Age of ultra is a Eton mess of a movie. Bloated and will full of tasty bits but really lacking finesse. It works as a part 2 of the avenger series but as a movie in its own right, not the best.

Found it worked better watched in parts.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Mrs poprock fell asleep halfway through it. A harsh but fair critique.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    All the Avengers movies feel like they've been put together using a spreadsheet. Upon rewatching them, Ultron felt the most like a proper traditional movie. Overstuffed rather than messy I'd say.
‹ Previous123456740

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!