The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • Well that was a pile of absolute horseshit.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • *mic drop*
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah. Shower of shite. Can't make sense of any of it to be fair. If Marc and Stephen were in Egyptian limbo then where was this Jake character? If they weren't then what the fuck is the mental hospital all about? Bad
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    If Marc and Stephen were in Egyptian limbo then where was this Jake character? If they weren't then what the fuck is the mental hospital all about?

Not sticking up for the show overall but the third guy was in the shaking sarcophagus in the mental hospital in the boat in the previous episode that was shown again in the recap at the start of this one.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    But they were whole and able to leave hell or whatever without him? By balancing the scales or filling the heart or whatever the fuck was going on? Didn't they have to relive his memories too?

A shaking sarcophagus just doesn't cut the mustard I'm afraid
  • In all fairness, you never see Stephen’s memories either. It’s all about Marc and why he is the way he is. Neither of them ever see Jake so there’s no memories there, and seems to be just what Khonsu uses to get his own way with Marc.

Though the heart balancing scales thing confused me too, not sure how you explain that. Or you know, why Thor and Asgard are ‘aliens’ but Egyptian Gods etc are all ok…?
  • Remember -- the alters are creations of Marc. He had to let Steven out of his sarcophagus. He didn't let Jake out.

The point of the hospital was to explore Marc's trauma and how he deals with it, the consequences. But as with all these things it doesn't stand up to much (any) scrutiny so as usual it depends on your appetite for nonsense / levels of quality control. It is becoming increasingly clear I have none whatsoever and will watch any old shite
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's absolute bobbins to me. The end where Khonshu sends him back to the mental hospital with Dr Harrow again, except they're both (Marc and Stephen) now occupying the same body and switching at will, they have some kind of epiphany and choose to wake up back at Stephen's flat? I thought it was going for a Dallas style it was all a dream. Probably would have made more sense if they did
  • I'm not clever enough for this show, or I'm too clever that I was expecting it to be clever in how it was portraying things. I thought it was ok as a series but took so long to get going.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • It was just a bit shit.  Imagine how bad Ms Marvel will be, not sure I will bother with that at all.  I mean, I still probably wil cos I'm a muppet consumer, but that looks and sounds mega shit.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Didn't get past episode three. Worst superheroey nonsense so far.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    It was just a bit shit.  Imagine how bad Ms Marvel will be, not sure I will bother with that at all.  I mean, I still probably wil cos I'm a muppet consumer, but that looks and sounds mega shit.

I really, really want Ms Marvel to be great as my kids very much identified with her growing up.  (Ms Marvel, and later Squirrel Girl, were their go-to comic books.)  But based on the trailer, I fear they've really screwed it up.

(It's fine that it's clearly aiming for a younger demographic, but as I've said before, completely changing the powers from those that work perfectly as a metaphor to - whatever the hell it is she does now - is to largely miss the point of the character.)
  • Yeah I wasn't convinced by the trailer at all.
  • Doctor Strange 2 turned out to be a mental, non-stop delight. It is very much a Sam Raimi film and it doesn’t shy away from horror at all-which I loved. The plot is a bit thin, the dialogue could be better and it will probably all fall apart if you think about it too much but it was bloody entertaining!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Finished Moon Knight. More like Moon Shite amirite.
  • I like Moon Knight. Wanted more by the end
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Monkey kens.
  • I also liked Moon Knight on the whole. Found the plot servicable at best but the character work from Oscar Isaac was so good that I would watch more Steve and Mark.
  • Yeah I was just there for Mark and Steve too.
    It's a shame that Disney keep prescribing to set episode lengths in some of their shows. Some of those Moon Knight episodes needed to be only 10 or so minutes longer to let them slow the pace up a bit. Weird that they're not taking advantage of what streaming offers in that way
  • I think Moonstone only really started to groove in its final two episodes. As such, I did enjoy episodes 5 and 6 but 2 to 4 were pure filler. 

There was lots of things I enjoyed but the show is way too flimsy overall. Not saying it needs to be full on high brow, but it feels way too dumb (like A-team levels of dumb) at times and I think this is creeping into a lot of the Marvel stuff now (or probably I didn't notice it as much with the movies)

Thumbs up for Oscar and for using the Egyptian Theme, the rest is meh.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Well, Moonknight. It was fine. I liked Oscar Isaac, Ethan Hawke (of course) and that woman playing his wife was decent, reminded me a bit of Rachel Weisz from The Mummy.

Disney need to start hiring proper writers now though, Id love another DareDevil series. But I guess we wont ever see that level of violence again on Disney :(
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Bump, for Sparky, who enjoyed the first episode of She-Hulk.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I did indeed, cheers Elf. Was a fun first episode setting the series up, hope it keeps going. Weekly release schedule is a bummer though
  • I have high hopes for She-Hulk. Looking forward to some silliness.
  • Man, recasting Hulk turned out super well didn't it?

This was great fun. Hope it can keep up the sillyness.
  • I enjoyed it too. Helps it's not an hour long! Plus it's very self aware. Tatiana Maslany is very well cast.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Playing catch up on Marvel shows and just watched Hawkeye.

Wasn’t really a fan of him in the films and wasn’t impressed with the first episode but have to say I really enjoyed this a lot. It was fun, had heart and surprised me once with a nice twist I didn’t see coming. I also liked how it didn’t devolve into a CGI fest that is so common with the big Marvel films.

Edit - and the best post credits scene Marvel have done.
  • Took my son to go see new Thor, left 40 mins in as the main villain was waaaay too scary for him. 

Whoops. Proper Dad guilt ensued.
  • Eek.
    Lots of rumours it will be on D+next week. Maybe watching at home might be workable. Or at the least you can finish the movie yourself.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!