The MCU Spoiler Thread ('free' on Disney+ UK pace)
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Yeah, thought that was a decent wrap-up for the season. A nice last outing for Chadwick Boseman as well. The Sakaarian Iron Man episode had to be held back for Season 2 due to Covid production issues apparently but it must have been very last-minute since the toy and tie-in to the finale were retained. It was very obvious from the off that this was going to be as far on the extreme end of obscure fan-wank as Disney would ever allow for a TV MCU project (i.e. not that far) and I think they managed to deliver something pretty entertaining along with the fan pleasing. Some episodes were better than others but I think that's inherent in any show that is properly episodic and I would rather have some duff episodes for the sake of having something episodic to watch in an increasingly serialised TV landscape. The cross-over at the end has been the icing on the cake that we've managed to have and eat too, just the right amount of tying the disparate stories together.

I havent watched the last episode but thats a pretty solid summing up of the appeal. Not every episode has been a home run hit but because its a mostly fresh start each week, I was happy to go back. More of this with your movies Marvel please.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Gamermike wrote:
    I think Black Widow is now on Disney+ from today.
    That's good, because it certainly isn't worth paying to watch. One of the poorer Mahvels imo.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Gamermike wrote:
    That's good, because it certainly isn't worth paying to watch. One of the poorer Mahvels imo.

I shall give it a whirl this eve.

• I really liked Black Widow
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • There's some decent banter in it, and it's certainly not offensively bad, but the plot is absolute garbage imo. That being said, there are definitely worse ways to waste a couple of hours.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Gamermike wrote:

Is it free with subscription or pay on top of it?
  • If you can’t smell someone, then they can’t tell you what to do.
  • digi wrote:
    Gamermike wrote:

Free with sub.
  • digi wrote:
    Gamermike wrote:

Free with sub.

That's my viewing at tea sorted, cheers pal.
  • Off work today so watched the last two What if...? episodes this afternoon.  The story-of-the-week thing was getting dull but these ended the series nicely. Should have realised there'd be some overarching plot rather than each one being truly separate, because Marvel.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    There's some decent banter in it, and it's certainly not offensively bad, but the plot is absolute garbage imo. That being said, there are definitely worse ways to waste a couple of hours.

Just watching it now. Very average so far but about what I expected.

Funny that Disney+ didn’t even put it in their top banner on the app. They sure did when it was £15.99.

• They also sure did for me today.
  • Top banner for me. And it worked, just about to watch it.
    SFV - reddave360
  • What If...? finished nicely. If anyone is subbing to watch Black Widow, worth giving these a whirl as well.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    Top banner for me. And it worked, just about to watch it.

I may have been drunk as I can see it clear as day at the top today. I still switched off the film after 30 minutes due to boredom. Maybe more drink tonight and I'll get through it.
  • Started watching it for 30 mins got tirex and turned it off. Promising start so far.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Watched it this afternoon.  Won't set the world on fire but it's a perfectly reasonable way to pass a couple of hours.
  • That typed, how the fuck a
    Spoiler:
    is hard to fathom.
  • I fell asleep. Im going to give it another go as my wife said it was decent enough but a film needs to be strong for me to stay awake past 11pm on a weeknight.

SFV - reddave360
  • Unlikely wrote:
    That typed, how the fuck a
    Spoiler:
    is hard to fathom.
    Spoiler:
  • That was ok tbf. Taskmaster was underused
    PSN - minkymu
  • Really quite enjoyed the finale of What If. Wasnt expecting the strands to come together at all. Nice.

Thought BW was at very best an ok movie. I liked 
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • What If final episode was decent. Looking forward to a season 2 and if they do bring any of it into the films would be interesting.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Well, there’s infinite universes but only one multiverse and only one Watcher.
    But, yeah, there’s an infinite number of sets of infinity stones as well (I loved the gag in Loki where there were drawers full of them), so Ultron could have gone and got more copies of him from other universes and given them all full sets of stones for an unstoppable army.

I liked the pull together. A bit thrown by the missing Gamora/Stark episode that was pushed the season 2 apparently. The get out clause (like the Dr Strange “I’ve seen 14,000,006 timelines and this is the only one in which we win “ get out) is that the Watcher has “seen it all” and knows that was the only team combination that could win (and even knew the twist). So, yeah, same narrative “this is the only way it could work” ploy that excuses a bunch of coincidence and luck, but it’s comic book fluff so it works for me.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think the thing with What If...? is it's basically a time-wasting bunch of borderline non-canon stories made to provide some fairly shallow entertainment for nerds. So the tying together at the end infringes on the episodic-ness of the previous episodes but it also adds a bit of wholegrain to what would otherwise be a very white bread potentially unsatiating series.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I'd prefer it to be true to What if...? and just tell once off stories.

Their main problem is they will only do retellings of MCU stuff, so they only have 22 stories to choose from, many of which are already linked.

Problem being, the only one that wasn't a what if version of MCU, was the Zombies episode, and it was probably the weakest of the series.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Remember how some of the Nolan movies used the full screen during the sequences that were filmed in IMAX in the home video versions?

Well Disney+ is adding the option to do that for the Marvel movies that have IMAX footage. It's coming Disney+ Day in the US, not sure about anywhere else.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!