Mario Golf Tournament - ends 07/11
  • No love for Microsoft Golf? Went through many a round on that with my brother on the 486 in the spare bedroom!

We had another on the PC that I’m pretty sure was based on the Open (with Peter Alliss’ dulcet tones commenting on your efforts), but it doesn’t stand out from a quick Google so I couldn’t tell you what it was.

Golf on the Game Boy and Mario Golf on the N64 are the two I probably put the most hours into, although I did enjoy Everybody’s Golf on the Vita...all of which are far safer than Golden Tee with its trackball designed to nip at the palm of your over-exuberant hand!

Really looking forward to the new Mario Golf.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Don't remember MS Golf.  The EA PGA games on MD didn't really do it for me but they got into their stride on the PS2/Oldbox gen. I had a TW game for PS2 and it was impressive - although as mentioned previously - the numerous handholding features kind of put me off them a bit and I find EA's presentation clunky.

The TW M+ games on Wii are great but I prefer to sit on my arse when playing a game that lasts as long as a round of video game Golf.

The SNES got a game called World Masters Golf - was a late release and was PAL exclusive. It was pretty good from what I remember - was like a hybrid of Leaderboard and the EA games - but it had a very ugly chase cam mode that was best avoided.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Oh, I forgot to shout out this forgotten lad

305461173.jpg

Damn it was shonky but me and my mate always went to it once Smash & F-Zero got boring.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye....had that one too - I think I sold it to @regmcfly here.

Graphically shonky all right but it played well enough.
  • Mario Golf and Silksong in the same couple of months (potentially) is huge for me. I need one more game to go mental for and summer 2021 could be up there with Christmas '96.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Mario Golf and Silksong in the same couple of months (potentially) is huge for me. I need one more game to go mental for and summer 2021 could be up there with Christmas '96.

Lol
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Don't taunt me with silksong chat until there's actual fuckin evidence to back it up!
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Games I've put significant time into:

Leaderboard - Amiga
    PGA Tour 2 - SNES
    PGA Tour 96 - SNES
    Everbody's Golf 1 - PS1
    Everbody's Golf 2 - PS1
    Mario Golf - N64
    Tighr Woods 20?? GC
    Mario Golf - GC
    Everbody's Golf - Vita
    Mario Golf - 3DS
    The Golf Club XBOne
    Everbody's Golf - PS4

Top 3:

Everbody's Golf - Vita
    Everbody's Golf - PS1
    Mario Golf - 3DS

Special mention to Everybody's Golf on the PS4 for being the worst game ever.
  • Biggest waste of a fundamentally excellent game ever.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I had Everybody's Golf 2 on PS1 but I just never put any time into it. It seemed pretty good though.
  • davyK wrote:
    I had Everybody's Golf 2 on PS1 but I just never put any time into it. It seemed pretty good though.

I’ve got it on vita

What’s wrong with 4 bird?

• Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    To get the most out of it you were forced to do non golf stuff. Walking around the courses picking crap up.

My memory is a bit hazy, I should have another look at it, maybe they patched it.
  • Everybody's Golf on ps3 was great, just a nice relaxing game to play on an evening
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Those slo mo shots of a orca whale when you finished a round, just to say "well done!". A joy.
  • golf games i remember playing.
    nick faldo golf on spectrum
    leaderboard
    arnold palmer megadrive?
    pga tour snes
    sim golf
    mario golf
    --after that i'm not sure i ever really put much time into single player but would occassionally multiplayer of
    wii sports golf
    the odd tiger woods/rory mcilroy game over the years
    shot online
    the golf club
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Links: The Challenge of Golf was my first golf game I think? Alongside Mario Golf on the Gameboy, which I think I played a fair bit without ever owning...
  • What was that golf arcade game with a big rollerball built in to determine power and swerve? I liked that a lot. Was in all the local pubs when I was growing up.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    arnold palmer megadrive?

Oh yes. Some best VG golf memories with that one.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    What was that golf arcade game with a big rollerball built in to determine power and swerve? I liked that a lot. Was in all the local pubs when I was growing up.

Golden Tee.

There was a dedicated home machine released a few years ago but reviews were poor.
  • Golden Tee! Ah, loved that.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye - it's supposed to be great. Never played it though. There's still a market for the machines re private ownership. You can get upgrades and extra courses as addon packs.
  • Nintendo do an annoyingly good job of keeping things under wraps. This is less than two months away now and there's just been the one trailer so far.

I'll take what I'm given, but I hope this launches in a more complete form than Mario Tennis Aces, which had a lot of decent content added/patched in post launch.

Fanciful hope: a course builder so I can download fan-made holes.
  • Odd that speed golf had been billed as a new mode, it was in the 3DS version for online mp.
  • Still hype though eh
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Odd that speed golf had been billed as a new mode, it was in the 3DS version for online mp.

It’s a different speed golf. This one has you running from shot to ball rather than just quickly doing things.
  • Amazon emailed me about that to say that I can now pre-order it with a water bottle:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0937N69TD
  • Bob wrote:
    davyK wrote:

I’ve got it on vita

What’s wrong with 4 bird?

As my vita is fucked I bought everybodys on PS4 last night while it was still 12 quid in PSN sale.

It makes you play the same courses over and over to gain xp to unlock characters to play and beat.
    It looks like a lot of courses are dlc.
    I can't see how many actual courses there are but I can see there is 5 I can buy.
    It has fishing, golf buggy karting and a quiz that iv only tried the quiz out of so far...it was easy.

The golfing itself is typically brilliant everybody's golf and the create a character is great too.
    I love it.
  • StdhyhD.jpg

Absolutely fuming here.
  • I only play with yellow balls (not that I've even hit one in about 6 years) so I'm fine missing out on this and the water bottle. Would probably buckle if they offered a Toad driver cosy.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!