@_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Too big a deal to clog up the Quest thread, soooo...

Tabletop gaming encounters VR in Resolution Games’ new multiplayer dungeon crawler.

Up to four players assume the role of hunter, sorcerer, assassin or guardian and must work together to vanquish the armies of The Mad Elven King and set him free... or die trying (lots).

Demeo has an extensive content map planned to ensure adventurers have a steady supply of treasure and glory.

The cross-platform game will also launch on PC as a non-VR title that’s playable with other PC and VR gamers in the coming months.

To the catacombs!

Download links:

Oculus Quest

Steam

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • So far my favourite VR games have all been the ones where you're the camera rather than the character.
    Games like Moss, Astrobot, No heroes allowed, etc have so much charm just watching these characters come to life in front of you.

I really want a Warhammer 40k VR RTS or ARPG like Inquisitor Martyr, but this looks pretty good.

Ideally, this format would suit an AR system where several people with AR headsets could gather around an actual board and watch the lpieces come to life - basically like the monster chess game in Star Wars
    PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Ideally, this format would suit an AR system where several people with AR headsets could gather around an actual board and watch the lpieces come to life - basically like the monster chess game in Star Wars

That’s just what it reminds me of, good call.

AR would be a great fit, but also love the total absorption you get placed in a virtual basement or inky void...

• I'm not liking what I'm seeing in that trailer to be honest, it's not what I thought the future of VR games was going to be. I thought the point of VR with to immerse you in a proper virtual world, not to give you a bird's eye view of a tabletop game. I mean, I really I should be the target audience for this type of thing, I'd love to geek out and play play a tabletop crpg but I think I'd rather do that sort of thing on the Switch not on a £500 plus VR headset or whatever.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I thought that too but it just works so beautifully
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I disagree with everything that Blocks said. Soz x

If I was to play a tabletop game online with friends I'd much rather this immersive version of it than a flat screen representation of it.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I do wish all these reviews and people on Twittwr would stop saying "It plays just like D&D", because it doesn't play just like D&D, or even close. It's not an rpg it's a tabletop dungeon crawl.
  • djchump wrote:
    I backed this so when it turns up (delayed by covid of course) I'll let you know how it goes.
    You rang.....
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I do wish all these reviews and people on Twittwr would stop saying "It plays just like D&D", because it doesn't play just like D&D, or even close. It's not an rpg it's a tabletop dungeon crawl.
    This annoys me no end. It's got to just be because everyone has heard of DnD, right? It's fucking Heroquest! (ish).

Anyway, this game is brilliant. Can't wait to see it develop and will absolutely be playing it for a long time to come. Hopefully with some of you at some point...!?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Installing it now, might even play it at some point.
  • I'm well tempted by this but the shooting through walls fiasco has proper dented my enthusiasm. That's game breaking, no? Like, can you do that through any wall at any time?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    No it's just that the projectiles don't arch over the scenery. The actual line of sight, I think, is sound on further plays.
  • Just got this.
    played the 1st solo dungeon and WTAF!!
    Playing careful but I move round a corner and keep getting big gangs of monsters mugging me.

Lucked out because I had placed two of the standing gun things so my one surviving dude could stand near them and shoot arrows until I got the key and could run to the exit with only 1 point of heath remaining.
    Quit because I had been playing for a while but it doesn't save progress?

Anyway was pretty intense in a 'I have no idea how to play this game tactically so I'm winging it' way but can see how it would be great game with friends.
    You rang.....
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    I'm not liking what I'm seeing in that trailer to be honest, it's not what I thought the future of VR games was going to be. I thought the point of VR with to immerse you in a proper virtual world, not to give you a bird's eye view of a tabletop game. I mean, I really I should be the target audience for this type of thing, I'd love to geek out and play play a tabletop crpg but I think I'd rather do that sort of thing on the Switch not on a £500 plus VR headset or whatever.

Cost wise, the Quest 2 headset is a comparable to a Switch, but playing Thumper on both I can tell you one was great and the other was mind blowing.

Perhaps the beauty of VR is it’s ability to do both the massive and the intimate. In Demeo you not only get a bird’s eye view but the character’s POV which feels amazing.

I think you would love the game, it’s captivating AF.

• FranticPea wrote:
    No it's just that the projectiles don't arch over the scenery. The actual line of sight, I think, is sound on further plays.

Ah gotcha.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Demeo is Doomed!
    Couple of punters giveth their take.

• This game is brilliant fun. Last night Hair, Franny and myself played a couple of games and got royally trounced. But what fun was had? Lots!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I thought with Pea being a level 10 Arsemaster he would save us with something up his purple sleeves.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    You'd have died in room 1 if it weren't for me.

Would have walked the second attempt if you and Wookie hadn't left poor me to fend for myself. Had 900 gold halfway through floor 2, and a full hand of good cards.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Wookie bailed late in the second game (on a promise?) and thought my headset would warn me the half charged battery was low before giving up the ghost. I left you in rude health and returned four minutes later to find a vanquished Pea.

Good times!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Gnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn......nnnnn......gnnnnn

RIjWO1E.jpg

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?
  • Wookie bailed late in the second game (on a promise?) and thought my headset would warn me the half charged battery was low before giving up the ghost. I left you in rude health and returned four minutes later to find a vanquished Pea.

Good times!

Haha. Not on a promise. My wife shouted angrily at me because she needed to get to sleep and I was keeping her up with my "nonsense"

Sigh
  • Is there a professional league for this? Nexx and I just smashed it as a 2 for the second time in 3 games. Genuinely think we might be the best in the whole world at Demeo?

Note - Throwing a vortex into a group of enemies standing next to an Ice orb-thing is brilliant.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    M8, I've soloed it blindfolded 27 times already.
  • Omg. With skills like that you can join our team. #diceforeyes
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Who said that?
  • :)

Have you tried 4 players yet? Anyone up for it next Friday/weekend? Seems like it might get very cramped?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Done 3 but not 4. I can probably do it but won't know until closer to the time. Having alot of building work done and I need to re route our Virgin cable at some point to coincide.
  • We killed the final boss in two turns.  No big deal.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!