Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah PS2 emu is really good now. Demons Souls runs near flawless.
  • That came out on PS2? Damn, it is good.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I did wonder.
    Get schwifty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ah ffs, the heat is scrambling me.
  • I feel ya brother. I've still to enter the Mario Galf tourney thinking "Ach, plenty of time" before I know it another week has passed. The heat is ruining me.
  • Ima buy it and run cities with all mods on. See if it loads before 2030.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Cities: Skylines would probably work ok up to a point, a very large complex city is probably going to chug a bit as it's quite CPU heavy. It's going to be a nice system for top down strategy and building games I think, Civilization etc. The CPU is probably on par with most low/medium end gaming laptops out there.

Being able to use any PC game mod in a handheld is huge.
  • And I guess if you have a good PC in the house you can stream games to the device and get the benefit of the control setup while you chill on the sofa, which would minimise the processing the Deck has to do so you get great battery life.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Despite the honking pad layout I'm getting more and more enticed by this. Play Alpha Protocol in bed! Play Mass Effect in bed! Play Binary Domain in bed!
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Portable Civ?  I’m not sure how that’ll work.
    Get schwifty.
  • @reg  Out of curiosity how would you arrange the controls on the Deck?
  • Raiziel wrote:

Why not? Between the touchpads, touchscreen and gyro it'll be pretty easy to make a very good control setup. Maybe UI scaling could be an issue, hopefully there's sliders for that sort of thing. I know Civ 5 has a tablet mode also, not played 6 yet.

Civ would be great for a handheld because that's the sort of game I could spend years of my life playing, and being able to just do a turn at a time in between doing other things or while sitting comfortably would be excellent.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Why not? Between the touchpads, touchscreen and gyro it'll be pretty easy to make a very good control setup. Maybe UI scaling could be an issue, hopefully there's sliders for that sort of thing. I know Civ 5 has a tablet mode also, not played 6 yet. Civ would be great for a handheld because that's the sort of game I could spend years of my life playing, and being able to just do a turn at a time in between doing other things or while sitting comfortably would be excellent.

Well you’ve sold me, Gurt.
    Get schwifty.
  • I reserved the 64gb model. As others have said I wouldn't be too bothered playing huge AAA games on it. I have a Steam library from years ago that's full of Dooms, Quakes etc... I'd probably mostly play games from that era on this and also newer indie games. I've almost pulled the trigger on a Switch multiple times but it's always the price of games that puts me off. This thing, on the other hand, is perfect in that department.
  • For the record I'm out. I have a Series X and a Razor Kishi controller for my phone. I can already stream GTA V to my phone. Tried once and it was garbage, because most AAA games simply aren't designed for screens this small.
  • How big is your phone screen?
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    RE Village is not something to be concerned about being able to run.

How so?

For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • It’s well optimised, Deck hardware seems more than up to it.
  • Here's someone playing Resi Village on an Aya Neo, which is somewhat comparable in power -

Seems aight to me, and the Deck has a much better control setup.
  • The Aya Neo has a somewhat better CPU, but a less powerful GPU on the SoC compared to the deck, I think. So it's not a bad baseline by which to gauge how well the Deck is likely to handle a range of games.

Here's someone playing; Halo 3, Overwatch, Dauntless, Genshin Impact, Rocket League, WarFrame, World Of WarCraft, Borderlands 3, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Cyberpunk 2077 and Red Dead Redemption 2 on the Aya Neo -

• Flight Simulator, Cyberpunk 2077, and Red Dead 2 are all a bit rough, but the other games are really pretty solid. Anything current that's very well optimised (like Doom Eternal) should be possible to run great too.

It's impressive that Flight Simulator runs at all though tbf, and if the upcoming perfomance update lives up to the hype it might actually be surprisingly reasonable to chill out in on the Deck.
  • PORTABLE YAKUZA.
    Hello
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    @reg  Out of curiosity how would you arrange the controls on the Deck?

I genuinely don't know and I'm not a UI designer. That B button just feels like it is falling off. I would go with as close to the Xbox pad as possible I guess.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    RE Village is not something to be concerned about being able to run.

How so?

Sorry, it was a vague attempt at me passing on my views that it’s a fairly turgid game. I didn’t enjoy much of my time with it, so I wouldn’t be looking for anything that could run it.
  • An Xbox style layout might work if the thing had similar big handles coming out each side, but that would be silly. I think because of the weight of this thing the layout they've chosen makes the most sense, constantly adjusting your grip to get at controls lower down on each side would be really fatiguing.
  • Lol, warframe runs like lightning on everything. C'mon.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Deffo warming up to this. In fact my initial reaction way positive, then I started picking holes in it, now I'm going back to thinking it could be right up my street. Not jumping in at launch mind, I want to see how it performs first.

I'd only be getting it for the non-demanding indie stuff that doesn't see a console release, no AAA stuff as I've got both consoles for that
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That’s pretty much my feeling too. Still waiting for reviews, mind.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is it going to work like I hope it is though? Pick up and play, no faff? Or am I going to be updating drivers and whatnot?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!