The 3DS Thread
  • I haven't been added to the list yet. *sniffle*
    3DS friend code: 2809-8024-1882
    AC: New Leaf: James (Ardis) 
    Wii U: BennyProfane
    Switch: SW-4893-5168-5693
  • Cheers guys!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Added the man known as 'MATTEH'.
  • Adding 'MATTEH' later!
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    If you want to sample the downloadable video service, there's some E3 trailers in the 'latest stuff' section of the eShop. Just watched the one for New Super Mario Bros. 2. Looks quite nice actually, although I can't see it making much use of the 3D.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • op updated and i think i've added everyone, if i've not drop me a pm
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    If you want to sample the downloadable video service, there's some E3 trailers in the 'latest stuff' section of the eShop. Just watched the one for New Super Mario Bros. 2. Looks quite nice actually, although I can't see it making much use of the 3D.

one of the people who were introducing nsmb2 remarked on it being good for speedrunning.

1) As someone into that sorta thing but often hears nintendo being referred to as not for the hardcore then I see this is a welcome method/inclusion for level design. Although i'm sure elements of speedrunning have been in various marios for a while, esp 3D where there are time records.
    2) It looks fucking immense (also beautiful) and looks like it really will be a speedrunners wet dream. Throw in the mario 3 style feather and fuck me it looks like a bag of tricks.

Buying on Day 1

He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I had a go on the Heroes of Ruin demo. I'm not really convinced it's for me, to be honest, as I'm not really into that kind of thing, but nonetheless I'm kinda glad it exists as it seems quite well done for what it is, with nice graphics.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    [advert voice] Disappointed with the lack of a revised 3DS? Want a second analogue stick but don't want to buy a Circle Pad Pro? Nyko have you covered!

nyko_circle_pad_pro.jpg?w=584&h=440

Apparently it also improves the 3DS battery life by up to three times, so that's nice. Colour me intrigued.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Colour me still disinterested.  Is there any history of hardware revisions being announced at TGS?
    Get schwifty.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Colour me still disinterested.  Is there any history of hardware revisions being announced at TGS?

Apparently they announced the DS Lite on their Japanese website out of the blue in January 2006.

EDIT:
    Despite the widespread rumours of a redesign, the company has been remarkably secretive about the DS Lite so far - even with its own staff, with Nintendo UK boss David Yarnton telling Eurogamer two days ago that "we haven't got any plans at the moment - nothing I know of" when pressed on the question of a DS redesign.

He also said his staff would "probably throttle" him if they did have one to deal with. So, er, we wish him all the best with that.
    Lol.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It's not a new thing for Nintendo to start R&D for their next console almost as soon as the current one is out. Just because they're working on it doesn't mean they're planning on releasing it especially early.
  • Yeah they were working on the Wii as soon as they started gamecube production.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Swapping the Gamecube logo for a Wii one must have taken ages.
  • Mod reply to my pm about the 360 charger please
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Sorry, didn't notice I'd got one. Looking now.
  • thanks!

Also, Oot difficulty is increasing!
  • holy shit.. just finished the forest temple. Took me about 3 hours. Few bits were a bit mental, the flipping rooms/working out which ghosts to hit (subtle) and my new bow made it an epic ride. It's taxing my brain but i feel fucking alive right now. I just want to go to bed and play my Ocarina before I sleep. Can't wait for my commute in the morning.

On a side note, i really still haven't worked out the lost woods. People keep telling me that the noise gets louder or the song gets louder when you're going in the right direction but fuck me i can't tell *sad face*
  • At each junction there is an exit where you should be able to hear Saria's song a little more loudly as you approach it - following these exits takes you all the way through the woods (past shortcuts to other parts of Hyrule) and ultimately to the Sacred Forest Meadow.

Also, I can't remember if this is in the 3DS version but, in the original, you could also tell which exits led further into the woods because they looked slightly different as you approached them (i.e. the blackness in the centre would look different on the one that led deeper into the woods, as opposed to the others which led back to the start).
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Also, I can't remember if this is in the 3DS version but, in the original, you could also tell which exits led further into the woods because they looked slightly different as you approached them (i.e. the blackness in the centre would look different on the one that led deeper into the woods, as opposed to the others which led back to the start).

Yup. Things that don't send you back to the start will look different as you approach them. If they stay dark you'll get punted back to the start. The only exception is the exit to the forest temple itself, which'll stay dark - but that's located right at the top of the lost woods.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Metal Gear Solid 3 ticks on over. Just popped The End.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:

Yup. Things that don't send you back to the start will look different as you approach them. If they stay dark you'll get punted back to the start. The only exception is the exit to the forest temple itself, which'll stay dark - but that's located right at the top of the lost woods.

I have been listening with headphones and testing this but unless i'm deaf I can't tell. I can creep up and see the next part changing but as mentioned by adam it comes into problem with the last junction.

I think i've learnt it near off by heart now, F, R, F, R, L, F, F, L, R? (forward left right)

I want to get epona and I think i'm ready but i've not quite twigged how to get her. I'm in the paddy and going over the high fence triggers a "ding" but no idea how i'm to jump over the paddy. Or who i play the song to. YET!
  • Do a google image search and you'll find a straightforward Lost Woods map if you need it.
    As for Epona...
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Metal Gear Solid 3 ticks on over. Just popped The End.

how did you beat the end?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Popped him from afar before even fighting him. Exploding wheelchair ftw
  • But you miss
    Spoiler:
  • So what's the recommendations on cases guys? What do you use etc?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I use a Nintendo-licensed one which is quite classy but only holds two additional games (and one additional stylus). I like it though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!