Call of Duty Multiplayer. Modern Warfare, Blops Cold War - Numb3r5!
  • Honestly the more i play the MP on Vanguard the more i like it. The pacing gimmick now feels less of a gimmick and actually feels like a good idea, the maps are great and the weapons feel punchy. The maps have a nice sense of carnage and it pretty much is a 2 shot kill kinda game, at least it is with the weapon im maining.

Zero camping too which is nice. We really should get a forum session going. The pacing feels like titty but without the robots and the wall bouncing.

I also not bad at it which helps. I like the mvp voting thing too. Mostly because im on it so often lol.

5240-C7-CD-AC16-4-E08-B9-FE-A538-CFE614-F2.jpg

9-A8-C9413-8041-4909-893-C-262-D8-ED5-E7-D9.jpg

52-C1-D421-5693-4-A7-E-8-B13-6-CCF1-F21344-E.jpg

5054-FB04-B7-D6-450-A-B7-B9-036-D0-CB79-BD5.jpg

Come join me. A BnB team would smash the fuck out of this
    PSN - minkymu
  • I'm getting this for my birthday next week, first COD since MW3 for me. Looking forward to it.
  • The campaign isnt bad but its no MW1/2/3
    PSN - minkymu
  • Skill up was saying it's the worst cod yet.
    It's sold 40% less than the worst selling cod.
    FIFA and cod still expected to top charts.

• digi wrote:
    Skill up was saying it's the worst cod yet.
    It's sold 40% less than the worst selling cod.
    FIFA and cod still expected to top charts.

I honestly dont get that. The campaign has been criticised for being woke and unrealistic about peoples attitude, given the time period, to colour, race and sex. I would agree with that tbf, but its still not a bad romp. Just not top tier cod.

The multiplayer however is fucking awesome

PSN - minkymu
  • Not every white person was racist as fuck to all black people at the time. They do have the nazis make explicit comments about the team being led by a 'negro', and you go through the missions which reveal why he's in the leadership position. Also there were plenty of black soldiers at the time.

Man I really hate how 'woke' is used these days.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Not every white person was racist as fuck to all black people at the time. They do have the nazis make explicit comments about the team being led by a 'negro', and you go through the missions which reveal why he's in the leadership position. Also there were plenty of black soldiers at the time.

Man I really hate how 'woke' is used these days.

Not my words. Was actually the way the eurogamer review described it. Yes the horrible racist nazis are the only ones who had a bad word to say to him. Oh and the Australian lol. Its all very PC tbh and racism was fucking rife back then. Still is but just not as obvious these days.

*** edit it was kotaku article
    PSN - minkymu
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's not as if it's a historically accurate portrayal of the war, so who gives a fuck if the characters aren't historically accurate either.
  • We must have another Cod thread somewhere.

Anyway, launch event for MW2 and Warzone 2.0 yesterday. Warzone 2 is another example of developers completely failing to understand what made their game popular in the first place. They’ve slowed it all down significantly; the looting (drop down menus to decide what you want to pickup), the circles because for a portion of the game they’re split in 3 and the movement, no slide cancelling (which is also a deliberate move to dumb the game down). Plus, they’ve gotten rid of loadouts which is probably the most egregious example. They’ll still be custom weapons (how else they gonna make their money) but now you’ll need to use the shop to buy them. Which is terrible in several ways. But people loved Warzone because it was a cross between a standard BR experience and multiplayer. It wasn’t for everyone, some people prefer the slower paced and purer BR experience, but loads of people loved it.

Anyway, I doubt I’d have played it much either way but it’s always depressing when devs. dumb down elements which create a skill gap and move away from what made their game good in the first place. This does both.
    GT: Knight640
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Big hmm. I'll download it and have a squint but it doesn't sound promising.

There's a third person view too apparently?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    It's no Verdansk!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Saw a video by zlaner. Looked very clunky. Simple things like picking up plates seemed to be a chore. Looting crates also had a bit of a delay on actually bringing up the menu before you could choose something to pick up.

Looked a bit rough and unfinished. When is it out?
  • Come back to pubg lads, I promise its actually alright
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Speaking of clunky
  • Recently bought the MW remaster on xbox because I just wanted a shooter that I felt comfy with. While I was sad to see the depot shit is in there, the main multi player works fine and has led to some really fun MP sessions. Its amazing how simply the upgrade paths are and honestly feels better for it. 

Also there are some amazing players on there. I think some of them never stopped playing.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Haven't played regular warzone in a looooong time, but have dipped into Rebirth a few times. More fun due to the respawns, imo.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Another good video from the ever reliable JGOD

I've downloaded PUBG again, for the seventeenth time. See if it grabs me this time
  • Another good video from the ever reliable JGOD

I've downloaded PUBG again, for the seventeenth time. See if it grabs me this time

Tonight?

• That was, er, something! Apologies for my shit play, I was very rusty after only a week away. Couldn't shoot for shit.

Thanks though guys, I'm sure we can get that dinner soon enough!
  • Another good video from the ever reliable JGOD

Ah his speculation that the new DMZ mode has caused some of war zones mechanics to be changed makes a lot of sense. Now obviously it’s not beyond devs to change mechanics that worked well (looting) or introduce new elements that are awful (bots) without any clear strategy but the DMZ speculation fits well with the changes.
    GT: Knight640
  • I didnt understand most of what he says in that video.
    Am old as fuck.
  • Can't believe the satchels are in the plates.
    Why would they do this?
  • Good to see the spec ops from the original are being repeated in some way. Have they confirmed if this is local co-op also? Can we do the spec ops or main mission in local co-op? (1v1 local co-op would be appreciated also.)
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • New ones out soon innit. Modern warfare 2. I'm tempted as I liked the cyber attack mode in the last MW. Any one else looking at buying it?
  • I will be getting it. Still play warzone a lot so hoping warzone 2 will be good and this will be needed to level up guns :) but i also enjoyed MW Campaign and MP
  • I game share with my brother and he's ordered it, so I'll be getting it.

Really hope warzone 2 is good, but I did enjoy the MP beta quite a lot.

Defo playing the campaign
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    When is Warzone 2 out?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!