Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    uqps2Gw.gif

2. Favourite driving game. The campaign, multiplayer and soundtrack brings the digital sunshine every time and Storm Island is just a hoot on rubber.

3. Horizon went big down under and such a graphical feast. That Blizzard Mountain opening was so cool and still gives chills. Hot Wheels takes things to another level - but mind the gap!

4. Loved it so much initially, and unmatched shines are dampened for me by the messy direction and tone. Both expansions had their moments though. Oh, and about that net code…

1. Only played the demo and always a regret, but that made 2 come out of the blue to sock me right between the eyes.

High 5? Hoping with every bone it’s the best one yet.

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I played a bit of the England one so that one.
  • Great Northern
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I’ve tried, really I have, but none of them are for me. No matter which view I choose they all feel like I’m pointing a static video game camera whilst the world whizzes by unconnected to my car and, once you've seen it like that, then you can’t unsee it. I also find the presentation skin crawlingly uncomfortable.

• I’ve tried, really I have, but none of them are for me. No matter which view I choose they all feel like I’m pointing a static video game camera whilst the world whizzes past unconnected and, once you've seen it like that, then you can’t unsee it. I also find the presentation skin crawlingly uncomfortable.

Come try and play with us on a Friday night. You'll fall in love with it. And if not at least you'll probably cough up your beer through laughter at one of Bad Hair Days highly inappropriate stories
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Hmmmmmm.

Ok, I’ll try it when the new one comes out.
  • And thanks for the invite.
  • You'll be more than welcome to join us anytime mate. If you see us online don't even wait for an invite, just jump in and have some fun :)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • FH2 is the best because it's a blast of colour, manages to evoke Outrun and Sega Rally, the handling is emphatically arcade and the online works solidly and is a lot of fun. The only real negative (and a sign of future problems) is that you only get 4.2 seconds to choose a car in an online race and they never thought to patch that.

I think I'd struggle to rank them after that. FH4 is a better game than the rest, but it's overloaded with unfinished and barely polished GAAS experiments which include the flaky online component. There's too much content basically.

FH3 would be the sweet spot for the series, but the handling is inferior to every other game in the series. The graphics still look amazing, the courses are there, there's a decent amount of content, but the racing never reaches the heights of the other games outside of S1 Rally Monsters, which feel radically different to the rest of the game.

I still find the original playable today, it shows it's age, but has lot of charm. The online was such an afterthought that it seems odd to compare it to the rest of the series.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The one in Edinburgh where I drove around the streets and went I was there, but not quite right.
  • 2 was just wonderful. It felt like magic, still does. And the online is rock solid
  • Two, three and four are all amazing. Choosing would be like picking a favourite child.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    The one in Edinburgh where I drove around the streets and went I was there, but not quite right.
    The fact it gets edinburgh streets wrong sets me off no end
  • Mate they put in The Great Ocean Road sign in 3 but no actual road section of one of the best driving roads in all of Australia.

My order would be:

2. Because it just plays so nicely in the driving and the map design nails a summer Euro driving vacation

4. Fun handling and some top track design spread throughout. Weirdly terrible netcode.

3. Weirdly average handling but also Maroondah Dam Sprint.

Didn't play 1, looking forward to 5. I hope class D returns to feeling slow but fun like in 2.

And yes Unc, you must needs join us for an FNF. Racing with mates is much better than the campaign single player stuff. Laughs and bumping and grinding are what it's all about.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    They kinda blur into one for me tbh. No strong opinions between em.
  • Basically pgr2 was the best Xbox exclusive ever.

It’s a shame there’s no proper circuits though
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    blur

Now that was a racing game
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Blur
    Burnout 2
    Forza Horizon 2
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Time for the gamers to really shine
  • I played DS... 2 (1st boss was some huge demon thingey in a ruined cathedral maybe?) i think and wasnt massively taken with it so didnt really bother with any of them but i'd vote bloodborne because it just looks awesomes
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bloodborne gets number one for me even though I'm shit at it because I 1) love the aesthetic and 2) love the concept of forcing you to attack rather than dodge and roll like a Souls game. I wish I could be better at it. But that's 1 with a bullet I'd follow it by Dark, Demons, Dark 3 and Dark 2 in that order but I've only put a couple of hours into everything aside from the first Dark S game
  • I've been playing DS3 for the last month or so at weekends (I don't play computer games in the week).

I've been determined to get into the series having subjected myself to hundreds of hours watching Demons's's Souls when it came out via my housemate at the time loving it and him having the most comfy sofa to bun on. Since then the series has really took off, so I figured I should give it a shot now I have a PS and a pandemic that prevents me from going out etc.

I like it, quite a lot. It nails the aesthetic. But, I'm spending about 3hrs a week on it atm and progress is slow. It's tough but manageable, progress is mainly because I don't have the dedication and would rather just do something else, but it's a fucking awesome game and nowt else that I've got on the boil grabs me like DS3.

Back to it tomorrow (day off), so hopefully I'll make some progress. In short, best DS is DS3.

Hollow Knight gets called a soulslike sometimes but I don't know why, it's a great game but c'mon, it's night and day in terms of progression and whatnot.
  • Bloodborne
    Demon's souls
    Dark souls 3
    Dark souls
    Dark souls 2
  • Almost, Digi. 

Bloodborne
    Demon’s
    Dark 1
    Dark 3
    Dark 2
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I've never actually played one (watched a mate play one of them for an hour or so, was enough to confirm it's not a series for me), but if I ever do it'll be Bloodborne. It's a format I can get behind in 2D for sure, Blasphemous and whatnot, but I'd find it crushingly dull in 3D.
  • To my shame, I've only scraped the surface outside of dark souls.

So it's dark souls.

Demon
    Ds3

Tba: ds2, bloodborne, elden ring.

PC bloodborne please Sony.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Similar with forza.

Its all I got.
    I'm still great and you still love it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!