Back 4 Blood
‹ Previous12
  • Back-4-Blood-soundtrack.jpg

The new Co-Op zombie shooter from the Devs that brought us the glory that was Left 4 Dead, possibly the greatest MP game of the 360 years.

This time, it's a completely different game and nothing at all like L4D. A cast of wise cracking characters armed to the teeth with machine guns, shotguns, explosives, Molotov cocktails, knives and sharp sticks have to make it from safe house to safe house.

In their way, hordes of The Ridden - humans infected with parasitic worms that have turned them into cannibalistic killing machines. But that's not all - some have mutated further. There's exploders, Tallboys, Spitters, Ogres and all sorts of nastiness out there. Step wisely or you might attract a Horde. Again, it's nothing like L4D.

You can play with bots, with friends and against friends in 4v4 humans versus zombies Ridden. It's not L4D, honest. It's totally different.

Who's up for some Left 4 Dead?

As this is also cross-play, post your gamertag and unique B4B player name and I'll add them below.

Player List
    Gremill - gremill#2649
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I've played the first level of the tutorial and despite looking a bit rough around the edges, I think this will be great fun.

They've gone so far into recreating the L4D experience, that this actually looks like a 360 game.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I’ll be interested if able to turn off most of the HUD clutter, JFC.

ryTWdny.jpg
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • ban wise cracking characters
  • Reg?? Where are ya? 
    "Zoe" needs to make a come-back
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • ban wise cracking characters

I only played for about 30 minutes and the chatter was already getting repetitive.
    I’ll be interested if able to turn off most of the HUD clutter, JFC.

I think you can turn off the action texts in the bottom centre of the screen.
  • Like what I've played so far.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    Like what I've played so far.

Yeah, it's very playable. The card system might take a bit of getting used to though, I'm not sure I understand it yet.
  • It's just perks innit?
  • I liked the beta I played. Cards work like other card games such as slay the spire where you choose a deck at the start of a mission (a deck that you build yourself in the camp area) and the game will draw 5(?) from that deck that you can choose from at the start of each chapter to add perks from that section on.
    So if you want all the money then you’d build a deck with mostly money cards and it’ll increase the chance you’ll draw a money card you can choose as you play.

Additionally the game draws its own cards to modify how the level will play by adding modifiers to how some things work and what will spawn. That’s on top of the Director dictating game flow.

I think the card thing could be cool. Make ways for you to form strong character builds with good team dynamics
  • My game pass runs out 2moro! Better play this tonight :)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Not another fucking card game
  • I doubt I'll be able to play tonight, have my dad over and then it's Bake Off. Probably be on tomorrow night?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • L4D was my first, and probably my favourite online gaming experience.

I might have to give this a try, even though it definitely ISN’T Left4Dead.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Liked the demo a lot, and it's gamepass so why the fuck not. Looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Apparently it's good to play on lower difficulties at first to build up your card deck before moving on to the harder ones
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I know this is a multiplayer game thingy but is there a solo mode to learn the ropes?
    SFV - reddave360
  • I'm definitely in for playing this.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    I know this is a multiplayer game thingy but is there a solo mode to learn the ropes?

There is, but one aspect which has gotten a lot of criticism is the solo mode doesn't actually get you progress in terms of xp etc
  • Im upfor this
    XBox - minkymu
    Switch- minkymu
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Minkymu wrote:
    Im up 4 this

• Ok training mission done. This is such a copy (sorry homage) of L4D im surprised theres no court case involved.

That said its great. I loved L4D.
    XBox - minkymu
    Switch- minkymu
  • They made L4D, Minky.
  • Actual game felt tougher than the demo, think it was on 'recruit' difficulty but I wasn't host. Way too many special infected as has been noted elsewhere in reviews, they need to tune that down.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, poor Franny was getting it in the neck about the difficulty but it was on the easiest setting. *Blushes*

Had a good time with it, bit of jank here and there, plenty of confusion with what to do towards the end when you've only got time to concentrate on staying alive, but it was fun.
  • Aye, can get caught up in the moment and miss out on the exit or objective but doable when you learn this. Plenny of guns and action, not overly sold on the cards but in time they may be a game changer. Good fun though... and on Game Pass.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Whos up for a run or two tonight?
  • I should be on.
  • It is a good laugh. They've definitely recaptured the L4D feel, just need to adjust to their new way of doing things.

The end of act 1 when
    Spoiler:
    was absolutely insane, that section showed why having too many special infected can ruin it
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is there a versus mode planned?
  • MattyJ wrote:
    It is a good laugh. They've definitely recaptured the L4D feel, just need to adjust to their new way of doing things.

The end of act 1 when
    Spoiler:
    was absolutely insane, that section showed why having too many special infected can ruin it

I really enjoyed that part of the demo.
    Unfortunately I found the rest of the game after that a bit boring and it put me off the game

Can't complain at free though.
  • Is there a versus mode planned?

They've said they won't have a campaign versus
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!