Netflix and skill (Netflix games)
  • I’m not expecting much from this, but …
    Spoiler:

Netflix games launches tomorrow (Nov 3rd 2021). For now, only through the Netflix mobile app - and only on Android.

Five games at launch:
    • Stranger Things: 1984
    • Stranger Things 3
    • Shooting Hoops
    • Card Blast
    • Teeter Up

Getting into the games sounds awkward. You need to find it via Netflix, leave Netflix to download it separately via the App Store, then go back to Netflix to play it. Bizarre.

1. Login to the Netflix app 
    2. Access Netflix Games from the homepage or the games tab
    3. Select the game you want to to play 
    4. Download the game via your device’s app store
    5. Play the game through the Netflix app

Android_Collage_1920x1080__UCAN_En.jpg
    Netflix wrote:
    Whether you’re craving a casual game you can start from scratch or an immersive experience that lets you dig deeper into your favorite stories, we want to begin to build a library of games that offers something for everyone. We’re in the early days of creating a great gaming experience, and we’re excited to take you on this journey with us.

All you need is a Netflix subscription — there’s no ads, no additional fees and no in-app purchases.

Members on an Android mobile phone will see a dedicated games row and games tab where you can select any game to download. Members on an Android tablet will see a dedicated games row or be able to select games from the categories drop down menu to download and play.

While some mobile games may require an internet connection, others will be available to play offline, to make those long trips and areas with bad Wi-Fi a lot more tolerable.

Just like our series, films and specials, we want to design games for any level of play and every kind of player, whether you’re a beginner or a lifelong gamer. 

And we’re just getting started. We’re excited to continue improving our mobile gaming experience and adding to our entertainment offering in the months ahead.
  • You've to download the game?! I thought this was gonna be game streaming. Surely this won't end well.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Interesting that Netflix's Netflix of games isn't a Netflix.
  • I expected game streaming too. I’m pretty sure this sort of mobile gaming is phase one for them, with streaming games on connected TVs being phase two. But I guess we’ll see …

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!