Happy 20th Birthday to The Console Brand Made By Microsoft
  • OMG BINARY DOMAIN
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Never heard of it until now. Big gape.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message

I'm sorry what
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    SHIT I FORGOT LEFT 4 DEAD TOO
  • regmcfly wrote:
    SHIT I FORGOT LEFT 4 DEAD TOO
    Oh man that was some amazing time
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Am I the only one who loved the Xbox One, then?

The launch nailed it for me. Exactly what I wanted. A next-gen media hub that happened to also be a top-tier console. And an improved Kinect to boot. Exactly what I wanted.

But it was all downhill from there. Turned out I was in a minority and the rest of the Xbox world pissed and moaned about Microsoft not concentrating on all gaming all the time. So bit-by-bit they back-pedalled, removing functions and ambitions I had really liked. The TV side of things never took off in the UK. Kinect went in the bin. Etc etc.

We were left with a good console. Maybe even a great one. But that’s all it was. The 360+. Not a whole new thing, just a slightly better thing than the last one.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Kinect should have ended up as Alexa before Alexa was a thing
  • If Xbox announce Outrun 2 backwards compatibility tonight I will cry real tears

If they announce Trials Evo back compat I'll be joining you

I think trials Evo is already on, I’ve got it installed on mine. Or have I misunderstood?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Kinect was underpowered/featured for games but over powered/expensive for the media guff.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    If Xbox announce Outrun 2 backwards compatibility tonight I will cry real tears

If they announce Trials Evo back compat I'll be joining you

I think trials Evo is already on, I’ve got it installed on mine. Or have I misunderstood?

You need to have had it on your original account. Which I don't have the log in details for anymore, and I've lost the email associated with it.
  • Ah, gotcha. That’s annoying.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    Ah, gotcha. That’s annoying.

Something to with rights as after Evo they signed with Ubi, and neither Redlynx or Microsoft now have Evo rights. Its a bollocks and PC edition has no DLC.
  • poprock wrote:
    Am I the only one who loved the Xbox One, then?

The launch nailed it for me. Exactly what I wanted. A next-gen media hub that happened to also be a top-tier console. And an improved Kinect to boot. Exactly what I wanted.

But it was all downhill from there. Turned out I was in a minority and the rest of the Xbox world pissed and moaned about Microsoft not concentrating on all gaming all the time. So bit-by-bit they back-pedalled, removing functions and ambitions I had really liked. The TV side of things never took off in the UK. Kinect went in the bin. Etc etc.

We were left with a good console. Maybe even a great one. But that’s all it was. The 360+. Not a whole new thing, just a slightly better thing than the last one.

Xbox One is the worst console purchase I ever made. It didnt help that I bought it for MCC, which was released whilst on fire.

They'd already dumped all the other shit by then, but I didn't really have any interest in it anyway. But the UI is absolute garbage, and the pad was somehow worse than the 360's which is astonishing. Just copy it exactly lads.

I'd honestly say it was a 360 minus. Sure it was more powerful. But it was worse in every other way.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

I'm sorry what

Looking at a 2012 games list, can’t remember playing anything. Yikes.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The 360 is probably my favourite console of all time. Probably not my most loved, that’s a toss up between N64 and Dreamcast but it had such a range of great games, Arcade and Live just combined to make it my most played console.

When the next gen came around neither the PS4 or Xbox One grabbed me initially, but when I finally got my PS4 about a year later I knew I made the right choice. The Xbox One integrated TV thing was such a poorly thought out, short-term thing. At a time when streaming was becoming the main way of consuming content, MS decided to go back to the 50’s and focus on live TV, they chose… poorly.
  • I've had and loved all the Xbox consoles. 360 was best.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    At a time when streaming was becoming the main way of consuming content, MS decided to go back to the 50’s and focus on live TV, they chose… poorly.

But despite that, the Xbox One became the best box for all your streaming apps. The same content streamed on my TV, my Mac, my PS, Apple TV, whatever – it always looked and sounded best on the Bone. Even movie rentals - I got a better picture on the Bone, and they buffered and started faster. Every time.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Never used it when I got my One X. But at that point I had the Apple TV and despite its shonky controller it’s a great streaming box. I may even shell out for the better £59 controller.
  • If for nothing else, I love the xbox for the controller. Its been doing very little new since the 360 version but its by far my favourite set-up. Hated the dualshock stuff. The Series X/S controllers are the best versions so far.
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

I'm sorry what

Looking at a 2012 games list, can’t remember playing anything. Yikes.

It was more hearing about your big gape
  • I've had and loved all the Xbox consoles. 360 was best.

Yup. Love my series x though
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Xbox: it had a few decent (exclusive) games. 
    360: probably the best console ever. Possibly. 
    One: hmmmm. 
    SeX: we shall see.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    360 - Trials HD, Rockstar Table Tennis, Cave's 2D shooters, XBL Daytona, Pacman CE/Dx, Rez HD, Geometry Wars 2&3.

That's justification for me to own a 360.  Throw in Sonic Racing Transformed, Sega Rally, Portal 2, SFIV for bonus content.

It's not a great console for same room MP but it's easily a top 3 console ever for me.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I have a PAL as well as JP console.  :)

Hoping to set up the JP console as soon as further furniture arrives for my den and I move things around and make space for it.  No tate screen, but it's a big screen so should be fine with bordered Jp shmups.
  • Xbox: Halo, Amped, Ninja Gaiden, Stranger's Wrath. Custom soundtracks was a novelty I used constantly. Was where I usually played any multiformat games (except Pro Evo). Online was massive too, as was the one true pad.

360: Indie heaven. Party responsible for the fact that there's so much pure class available now. Great console. Trials/Evo and Meat Boy, two from my top ten ever there. Started my addiction to half price sales too.

Xbox One (S). Luxury purchase, was by far the least 'essential' of the three consoles in terms of exclusives for me. Ori and Cuphead exclusivity justified it, played a lot of great stuff on gamepass, which is a great service. Don't regret buying it, the BC stuff deserves a round of applause too.

Series S: Seems fine, this gen is a slow starter but I'm loving the 60fps performance on most games. Owning it feels a bit unecessary, lots of boxes under the TV now (including the One S which I should sell) but wotevs.
  • davyK wrote:
    It's not a great console for same room MP but it's easily a top 3 console ever for me.

You say that, but splitscreen 3 or 4 player Halo 3 was a thing every weekend for years and years for my friends and me.  The best times.  Such fun.
  • The OG Xbox and Halo/Project Gotham/JSRF got me through a dark patch after my first wife left me and took my child with her a 4 hr drive away to the other side of the country. I had to sell my house and everything i had in the divorce. I was living in my moms spare room. I bought a 32 inch Sony TV and the OG Xbox. That got my through a rough time by taking my mind of it all.

The 360 is everything i think the sega Dreamcast would have evolved into in its second iteration. Definitely my finest years in gaming with some incredible nights with you lot. Gears n beers. Truly a great console.

The one left me a bit cold, the one s was better but still average. My gaming time dropped off and has never really picked back up.

My series X is a great console but for all the little cool things rather than my time playing social games. Back compat, fps boost, 120fps gaming, hdr, quick resume, the build quality is incredible. Its silent. I like it a lot but i want them to hit the 360 vibe but I dont think it’s possible. The 360 introduced social online play to the masses and thats what made it so special ,so iconic. You cant capture that now
    PSN - minkymu
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    We should probably do a favourite online moments nostalgia thread.
  • Kow wrote:
    We should probably do a favourite online moments nostalgia thread.

Billy Hologram, with the flag, on Avalanche.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That time Webbins tried to do a hard turn with his parachute in GTAV, he was so late in landing the rest of the lobby were spectators as he wrapped around a lamp post. Unbelievably funny

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!