Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message

I moved the crane out of shot first obviously.

Must have taken some organising, good shot.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Gonzo mid gear of war 2 game screaming …..12 oclock minky u fuck tard, fucking 12 oclock!!!!
    PSN - minkymu
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    It's not a great console for same room MP but it's easily a top 3 console ever for me.
    You say that, but splitscreen 3 or 4 player Halo 3 was a thing every weekend for years and years for my friends and me.  The best times.  Such fun.

One game don't make it. There's Sonic Transformed too and of course the versus fighters. But compared to Nintendo's output it's niche and relatively paltry.

Also - the MP games I played on 360 weren't properly supported. One player's profile hosted guests instead of being able to join your account to the game (selecting your Mii for example).

That may be the fault of the game devs and not the console, but the relative lack of that type of game its the one Achilles heel it has when looking to rank it among the best.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just remembering the Virtua Trnnis series too. We need a new one, or a port at least. 3 and 4 were masterpieces.
  • Kow wrote:
    We should probably do a favourite online moments nostalgia thread.
    Do itttttt
  • absolutely loved my 360. Had great games, such a good range. Halo3 got me back into FPS's and outrun 2 was dope as fuck. Ties in with many big life events for me too. 

Thinking about a series s for new halo now people are playing it
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • davyK wrote:
    Also - the MP games I played on 360 weren't properly supported. One player's profile hosted guests instead of being able to join your account to the game (selecting your Mii for example). That may be the fault of the game devs and not the console, but the relative lack of that type of game its the one Achilles heel it has when looking to rank it among the best.

This annoyed me no end. I still haven't forgiven Travelers Tales for the way they did achievements on co-op.
  • I just wish Microsoft would buy Sega and bring all that lovely old IP to GamePass. Let’s have a new Virtua Tennis, a new Crazy Taxi, a new Space Channel 5, and a new Power Stone.
  • Power Stone is Capcom but YES PLEASE, GOD.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I just wish Microsoft would buy Sega and bring all that lovely old IP to GamePass. Let’s have a new Virtua Tennis, a new Crazy Taxi, a new Space Channel 5, and a new Power Stone.

I was about to argue against you, but y'know what... I'd be OK with that. Bonus points for both companies if they make a Dreamcast or Saturn-themed Xbox Series X.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Power Stone is Capcom but YES PLEASE, GOD.

Oh yeah. It’s just so tied up with the Dreamcast for me.
  • poprock wrote:
    I just wish Microsoft would buy Sega and bring all that lovely old IP to GamePass. Let’s have a new Virtua Tennis, a new Crazy Taxi, a new Space Channel 5, and a new Power Stone.

Daytona, outrun 2, Sega rally, outrun 2, virtua fighter, outrun 2.... yeah, more blue sky Sega please.

SFV - reddave360
  • They have do e a business deal with Sega recently so maybe tgat will make the relationship closer
    PSN - minkymu
  • SEGA Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "SEGA") and Microsoft Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "Microsoft") have agreed in principal, a strategic alliance that explores ways for SEGA to produce large-scale, global games in a next-generation development environment built on Microsoft’s Azure cloud platform. The alliance would form a key part of SEGA’s mid to long-term strategy, allowing the business to move forward with “Super Game”, a new initiative for developing new and innovative titles where the key focuses are “Global”, “Online”, “Community” and “IP utilization”.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Out Run Online: Super Game Global Edition. You heard it here first.
  • Hasn't Forza Horizon practically nabbed and improved Outrun's concept? Outrunning Outrun.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • hunk wrote:
    Hasn't Forza Horizon practically nabbed and improved Outrun's concept? Outrunning Outrun.
    No
    PSN - minkymu
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I remember logging on to cod 4 at 5am and half the forum was there.
  • Will Sega ever attempt an Outrun3? Not sure how they could improve from O2 c2c.
  • No because they dont have the Ferrari license.
  • hunk wrote:
    Will Sega ever attempt an Outrun3? Not sure how they could improve from O2 c2c.

Honestly, it's all about the graphics. 120fps, lots of gorgeous lighting... most of the rest can stay the same. Maybe add some kind of burnout/ boost mechanic for score chaining.

SFV - reddave360
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Just remembering the Virtua Trnnis series too. We need a new one, or a port at least. 3 and 4 were masterpieces.

VT3 on 360 is very nice but the series lost its way after that. VT4 was a cluttered screw up with a tedious board game hanging everything together. Quickly binned it.
  • MMO Outrun3, Race across the continent with a cute girl/guy (whatever floats your fancy) in the passenger seat. Slipstream/boost mechanic would be cool. Keep the powerslides in as well. Day/night/dynamic weather cycle. Add in more cars than just ferrari and pitt stops.

Make it so, Sega and MS!
  • hunk wrote:
    Add in more cars than just ferrari

Blasphemy!
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    davyK wrote:

VT3 on 360 is very nice but the series lost its way after that. VT4 was a cluttered screw up with a tedious board game hanging everything together. Quickly binned it.

4 was the best MP. 3 was the best SP.

Got up to top 10 global on 3 and 4, hammered fuck out of them online. Best games.

Someone on here gave me a 'not for sale' internal copy of 4 on day of release cos I helped them with some yarr stuff. Can't remember who it was.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Are all the characters in 4 available without playing that SP tosh? I was really put off by that career mode and stuck with 3.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!