Movie Record 2022 Edition
  • Here's an idea... Gangs of New York, everyone but Daniel Day Lewis is played by Muppets
    You're definitely on to something here Wooks. I'd pay good money to see this.
    cehvoP6.jpg
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Here's an idea... Gangs of New York, everyone but Daniel Day Lewis is played by Muppets
    You're definitely on to something here Wooks. I'd pay good money to see this.
    cehvoP6.jpg

TO KICKSTARTER!!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    11. Ghostbusters: Afterlife (2021)

Decent opening half hour. Rest can drip itself into a fucking bin and cunt itself into a skip.

[3]
  • I take it this is available then?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    3. Cruella.

A little too slick for its own good, and a tad overlong too, but surprisingly good fun overall.
    Get schwifty.
  • Yah
    Hmm.
    Gonna have to move my yarrrin to the laptop.
    New work PC comes tomorrow!
  • 2. Scream 4
    Fourth movie, meta laden, knowing reboot, softboot, softmake, throwback. Where have I heard that before.
    Anyway its an enjoyable relatively by numbers romp that deliberately or otherwise cant differentiate itself enough from the superb original to ever really justify itself.

[7]
  • Scream is coming out this month!
  • Forgot about that.
    Probably why 4 has appeared on Netflix.

It will probably be shit but Scream as a franchise has the license to take the piss.

I'm not actually sure what there is left to do with Scream mind. 4 throws everything at the wall and its premise is still very relevant. Outside of one bit of clunky tech it could have been made yesterday.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message

Decent opening half hour. Rest can drip itself into a fucking bin and cunt itself into a skip.

[3]

It's the 5th of January and you've watched 11 movies already this year?
  • He and Webbins are to movies what Moot is to games and Raiziel is to books.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:

[3]

Yes, I watch an unreal amount of film, just never posted about many before. I'd expect 4-600 by year end.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yikes haven't started yet.  Have the BluRay of Kubrick's The Killing as my first watch this year - will wait to the weekend.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    6. Constantine - Angels vs Demons with John Wick in the middle. It’s mythology and setting are solid and some of the cast are good but that’s about it. [6]
  • The name’s Constantine… asshole.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Unusual first name, but the surname is diabolical
  • acemuzzy wrote:

[3]

Yes, I watch an unreal amount of film, just never posted about many before. I'd expect 4-600 by year end.

Quite a range m8, I'd say I'll definitely do between 4 and 600.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You absolute cad
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    12. Black Friday (2021)

Throwback to the 80s stupid horror bout Black Friday at a toy store and some meteorite has left gunk that turn people mental and deformed and rabid and shit goes down. Bruce Campbell and him out the wonderful Idle Hands are in it. Greatly shit practical FX and humour that doesn't quite land but its 80 minutes and absolute shit for brains idiocy that passes the time as you ooze IQ out your eyes.

[5]
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Forgot about that.
    Probably why 4 has appeared on Netflix.

It will probably be shit but Scream as a franchise has the license to take the piss.

I'm not actually sure what there is left to do with Scream mind. 4 throws everything at the wall and its premise is still very relevant. Outside of one bit of clunky tech it could have been made yesterday.

I dunno why but I have hoped it will be good. I think it's because it's already meta it means that it can pull the story forward in time and be meta to the moment instead of it feeling forced like a lot of current reboot/late sequels of recent times
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    6. Constantine - Angels vs Demons with John Wick in the middle. It’s mythology and setting are solid and some of the cast are good but that’s about it. [6]

I liked Constantine quite a bit.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I like it quite a lot. Rewatched it not too long ago and it still stands up.
  • 3. GHOSTBUSTERS: Afterlife
    Difficult one this.
    In general I think its a perfectly serviceable kids, action, comedy thing. The only Ghostbusters sequel to not go beat for beat with the original.
    It doesn't have the tone right to be considered a true Ghostbusters movie but that doesn't make it bad in of itself.
    The real problem with it is it can't go two minutes without a reference to the original Ghostbusters. Its constant and it weighs down what could be a better movie.
    It could have been a fun popcorn action adventure that bases itself in the Ghostbusters universe. The odd subtle nod here, a call back there. Even bringing back Ecton 1 wouldn't be that bad. It would have been fine, not a true Ghostbusters sequel but a side-quel of some merit.
    Instead its just constant, like a tour of a man child, obsessive fan's merch collection.
    Spoiler:
    A hard one to score, it could have been a comfortable 7 but they over egged the pudding.
    [4]

Its better than that rancid pile of shit that was the last Ghostbusters.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    3. GHOSTBUSTERS: Afterlife In general I think its a perfectly serviceable kids, action, comedy thing.

Yep, I thought they should have leaned into that much more. Focus on the kids and give it a Goonies/Explorers vibe with fewer nostalgia nods could've been cool.
  • davyK wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    I liked Constantine quite a bit.
    poprock wrote:
    I like it quite a lot. Rewatched it not too long ago and it still stands up.
    Me too - visuals are stunning, LaBeouf isn't too annoying, Reeves has enough hangdog, Weisz does the heavy lifting, Stormare and Swinton are fantastic :-)
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I watched it when it first came out thinking it was ok. My recent rewatch hasn’t changed my opinion.

Yes Stormare and Swinton are good but you could drop them into Coronation Street and they’d be good. Weisz I thought was poor and I usually like her.
  • I expect I'll have watched about 4-6 films by the end of the year.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    I watched it when it first came out thinking it was ok. My recent rewatch hasn’t changed my opinion.

Yes Stormare and Swinton are good but you could drop them into Coronation Street and they’d be good. Weisz I thought was poor and I usually like her.

Do not diss the Weisz, second most beautiful woman EVER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!