Elden Ring no spoiler tags friendly exploration thread
  • Ugh I got goldrick down to zero health twice today and died just as he died. What a crock!

I struggled through a few attempts at Goldrick, i have no magic or useful ranged attacks, and the only ashes i had at the time were the basic wolves which he killed almost instantly. Then i got frustrated and went at him two handed big sword and just kicked his face in, which was nice. Dunno if that's a recommended tactic or I just got lucky ;)

Anyway, the real advice is that when you beat him, you get given a thing. the game says you can use it for something or convert it to cash. at the time i didn't have any knowledge about the stuff it was talking about, so tried to 'use' the thing which is what converts it to money without further warning. and then it's gone (presumably forever). so unless you really want 20K runes, keep hold of it until you at least know what you could do with it :)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ugh I got goldrick down to zero health twice today and died just as he died. What a crock!

I struggled through a few attempts at Goldrick, i have no magic or useful ranged attacks, and the only ashes i had at the time were the basic wolves which he killed almost instantly. Then i got frustrated and went at him two handed big sword and just kicked his face in, which was nice. Dunno if that's a recommended tactic or I just got lucky ;)

Anyway, the real advice is that when you beat him, you get given a thing. the game says you can use it for something or convert it to cash. at the time i didn't have any knowledge about the stuff it was talking about, so tried to 'use' the thing which is what converts it to money without further warning. and then it's gone (presumably forever). so unless you really want 20K runes, keep hold of it until you at least know what you could do with it :)
    Spoiler:
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Oh, I thought this was the normal thread
  • Spoiler:
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • You’re ruining my aesthetic beauty with these graftings.

Could this be
    Spoiler:
    Could this be
    Spoiler:
    This response is Elden Rings/Dark Souls in a nutshell ;)
  • Dog?
  • WHY IS IT ALWAYS MUSHROOM!
  • One of my favourite things fighting goldrick and after struggling to dodge his projectile wind attack was deciding it was easier to stand next to him (on the flat area) and letting him do his heavy wind slash instead and finding that much easier to dodge.
  • I beat that goldrick finally. I found that I needed to be more and more bold in dodging (teasing closer, dodging later) and also just only blast the shit out of him in a couple of his attacks.
  • I used a summon and jellyfish to take him down.

Radahn is doing my head in. I appreciate the gimmick in fighting him with multiple pals but it's far too easy to be wiped out in a millisecond.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Same. For some reason the wolves looked like the better option but I think the tankiness of the jelly fish and it’s ability to avoid that earthquake (I think) help it just be more annoying to the twat.
  • Is radhan the next guy? I’m sort of wondering around the castle trying to find the exit to the bridge (if it’s there).
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Rev wrote:
    I used a summon and jellyfish to take him down.

Radahn is doing my head in. I appreciate the gimmick in fighting him with multiple pals but it's far too easy to be wiped out in a millisecond.

Took me almost three hours. Spectacle is amazing. Fight is gash.
  • Three hours sounds like it’ll be an RPG length for me then. Haha.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    First phase is easy as. Second is ridiculous.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Haven't found Radahn yet as mainly been wondering around rather than mainline.

Last night took me to:
    - cliffside balconies with a wailing woman
    - a floating island that there's seemingly no way to reach
    - yet more bits of the first castle and oof there are entire things I didn't know were there

Amazing how dense with absolute scenes the game is.

Getting to the stage I need to try to get a second great rune but not sure which will be easiest. Might go chat to the round table dude again in case he hints.

List over 10k souls for the first time too, cos I'm an eejit.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Think I got done [3] upgrade things so maybe I can push on up. I think more [4] though which is tedious, must have gone past somewhere already.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Oh I also went mad. And got to yet more doors I can't get through / things what need objects I don't have...
  • The lack of stone keys (and items) Is a real bug. I guess that’s what the map marking is for. I yesterday unlocked a double key door in the round table and found some stuff irrelevant to my build. Actually 90 percent of the stuff I find is irrelevant to my stuff (ashes of war, armour).
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    See I have loads of stone keys but not enough places to use them. Cos I bought em up whenever I found them in a shop knowing I'd get annoyed otherwise. So I'm sat on like 8.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's generally things where I don't even know what item I need to unlock it, or what I'll have had to have progressed etc. But I'm looking forward to finding out :-D. Just hope it isn't too convoluted for most stuff as I've not been internalising the things that the NPCs have been saying if they include veiled hints etc...
  • Some of them do. I think the main things I’ve paid attention to are 1) any map reference they mention 2) if they give an item looking at that or 3) any noun that sounds weird. I think the writing in the game is tight to mean that only one person will refer to a thing that will show up later and there shouldn’t be confusion about what that thing applies to.
  • I have a terrible memory for the lore and names of things and places - unless I'm being given an instruction on what to do next, the detail of what an NPC says is immediately forgotten. Can only remember the names of the first two main bosses that i've beaten cos they're mentioned so much on here. In fact thinking about it, I'm not sure I could accurately type the name of the starting area :P
  • Close enough, and now that's probably the name that will stick in my mind! ;)
  • anyway, last night i travelled up sophie's river and came out in calid and fought past a couple of large boys to get to a castle where the door didn't open and there was a giant pot outside the door.
    Couldn't do anything there so went the other way and there was a huge scary silver bear that kept pulling my head off...rolled away from that and fell down a cliff, triggering a boss type fight with a ball around some crystals, and the bear followed me down and ripped me apart.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!