The Batman discussion- RPatz the best Bats? Spoilers ahead
‹ Previous123
  • Without doubt one of the best Batman movie ever

Hints If seven - I’m currently thinking it’s the very best but I might need another watch.

Wipes the floor with Nolan’s efforts

Patterson is a brilliant Batman - I think Michael Keaton still the best Bruce Wayne

Anyway excellent visuals, excellent action, excellent fighting, excellent catwoman, excellent dialogue!

Absolutely stunning and moves the comic movie genre on!
    The Forum Herald™
  • Ama going to watch this.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • The three hours flies by. Having said that i didn’t have a drink for 3 and a half hours before hand and was careful sipping my water during it
    The Forum Herald™
  • A man with a plan.
  • A canal?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Panama?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • I also enjoyed this Batman. I liked that it was essentially a crime thriller with Batman as the lead and not a "Batman Movie"
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Going to Gold Class (fancy cinema here in Aus) tomorrow with the wife to see it. Looking forward to it.
  • I'm actually off to see it tonight. One of my mates is the "framed comic book in his man cave/numerous pop vinyl" types so is suitably buzzing. Looking forward to see if this burgeoning genre can really take off.
  • I have seen this Batman film. At first I was sceptical that a film featuring a superhero would work. I’m pleased to report that it does.
  • Does the ending cameo work?
    PSN - minkymu
  • It's fine. It's pretty short, you don't really see him. There's meant to be a longer scene left on the cutting room floor, where Bats goes to see him in Arkham, Hannibal Lectar style. It's the 4th actor to play the Joker in recent memory. That's just in the films. 

It's that that's the films biggest problem really. It's another Batman reboot. With all new interpretations of the characters and everything else. It's hard to summon up much enthusiasm for that side of it. You can't get me excited about the prospect of another Batman v the Joker film. 

There's also a lot of reuse of the same sets. There's about 4 sections in the Iceberg lounge, a couple being big action sequences. The rooftop that Batman meets Gordon on is used extensively, and not just for those meetings. It almost screams of a low-budget if it wasn't for a load of very expensive set pieces elsewhere. It could be a Covid thing. 

Those things aside, it's really good. The type of Batman story I used to like reading. Detective-heavy, quite gruesome (although it's still a 15 so a lot of that is implied), moody as hell, bleak as fuck. It's been a long time since I've seen it but it's a lot like The Crow. I'll happily consume any Bat-stuff done in this style.
  • Oh i do like the sound of this. I loved the crow
    PSN - minkymu
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Question lads, not arsed bout spoilers. Is it actually a good 'film'? As in if you give absolutely zero fucks whatsoever about Batman or its universe, still worth a watch?

Not going cinema but the 3 hour thing kinda puts me off for this genre. But I love Pattinson.
  • Let me be your guide. Thoughts later on tonight.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Let me be your guide. Thoughts later on tonight.

Top mam.
  • The problem every batman joker has is heath did such a fantastic pitch perfect job.
    PSN - minkymu
  • Question lads, not arsed bout spoilers. Is it actually a good 'film'? As in if you give absolutely zero fucks whatsoever about Batman or its universe, still worth a watch?

Not going cinema but the 3 hour thing kinda puts me off for this genre. But I love Pattinson.
    It doesn’t feel like three hours. Pattinson is great. He doesn’t smile once. A constant misery guts. It’s really not like any other superhero movie. A world away from Marvel. Absolutely impossible to imagine eg Superman showing up and them having a team up.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Avoiding going to see this as with a lot of films shot round here the cinema will just be full of people going "that's that place" "no it's this other place" "etc"

Probably should've gone first thing this morning but hey ho

The Asda; The Batman
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Yeah it’s a great film full stop, i quite liked the reuse of locations felt like a proper film and not a travelogue
    The Forum Herald™
  • Well, I enjoyed that, and you will too DS. It was se7en but had a guy in a suit. And I'd probably go see the sequel.
  • In.
  • I think all film reviews should be one line long. Bob and gav ftw.
  • Is this an IMAX thing?
  • Question lads, not arsed bout spoilers. Is it actually a good 'film'? As in if you give absolutely zero fucks whatsoever about Batman or its universe, still worth a watch?

By the end of the movie you can see why Pattinson was interested in this version of the character. I think the film is less interested in him being Batman and more about the reasons why someone would wear a suit. It certainly didn't feel like a Batman movie to me in terms of what has come before.

Did anyone else notice how much of the movie the trailer showed though. I tend to avoid trailers but watched the first teaser one and I think it showed nearly all of the actions sequences, multiple shots taken from the final 3rd and even the final 10 minutes. Also because of what it showed you could kind of see where certain things were going too.
    Pretty annoying really. Especially as it's a Batman film so people are gonna go see The Batman film regardless.
  • Sorry I ruined the one line thing Gazelle.

I saw it at IMAX but it didn't have anything shot in IMAX so it was just the benifits of a bigger screen and bigger sound
  • If it showed all the action I think that's because it would have scared people off if they knew what kind of film it was for the most part!
  • Sorry I ruined the one line thing Gazelle. I saw it at IMAX but it didn't have anything shot in IMAX so it was just the benifits of a bigger screen and bigger sound

Cool, I'll just go normal then. I think I might like this quite a bit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Thanks lads I will do it justice and wait for it to be on the Internet.
  • If it showed all the action I think that's because it would have scared people off if they knew what kind of film it was for the most part!

The action is great though, this guy can direct an action sequence. The car chase was fantastic.
    The Forum Herald™

By the end of the movie you can see why Pattinson was interested in this version of the character. I think the film is less interested in him being Batman and more about the reasons why someone would wear a suit. It certainly didn't feel like a Batman movie to me in terms of what has come before.

Did anyone else notice how much of the movie the trailer showed though. I tend to avoid trailers but watched the first teaser one and I think it showed nearly all of the actions sequences, multiple shots taken from the final 3rd and even the final 10 minutes. Also because of what it showed you could kind of see where certain things were going too.
    Pretty annoying really. Especially as it's a Batman film so people are gonna go see The Batman film regardless.
    They showed the final scene in the film in the trailers. Admittedly it didn’t give away much but it’s bloody weird. They also showed the Riddler getting captured in the trailers. Which I thought, in order for them to trail it, would be like the Joker in the Dark Knight - early on in the film and not as it appears. But no it was the actual capture of the film’s primary antagonist in the final third of the story.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!