Tunic (Xbox/PC/Lol not on PS)
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Can't wait to get back on this later. I'm at the same place Tempy was further up the page and I'm similarly clueless. Had a quick go just to double check something earlier but nope.

Have you done the bit to the South yet?
    Spoiler:
  • Not yet. I found an area
    Spoiler:
  • I have reached the FEZ/Elden Ring point of this game where it’s clear there’s a lot more going on than I had initially thought.
  • This is not my jam - good job I didn’t waste money on another bag of eurogamers beloved indie wank
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Ah, never the twain shall meet.  

One day, at some point in the future, there’s going be that Tempy/Bob crossover game and there they’ll meet, aligned online, Tempy with his indie wank pixel art avatar and Bob revving his computer car engine ripping up the in game landscape with his donuts and loud music, and then we will watch and then we will all surely know what it means for two stars to finally align.

In the meantime; Indie wank.
  • A London pub lunch.
  • The bosses in this are super tough. Not sure what to do about the one I'm stuck on, I haven't got its energy bar lower than halfway yet, after five or six attempts.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm wondering if this has adaptive difficulty. Was really struggling on a boss then I suddenly blasted through it and I'm not sure if it's because I just randomly had a great run or because the game handed it to me.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Also, regarding the roll...
    Spoiler:

• Struggling.
    Spoiler:
  • Yeah you don't want to stay too far away.
    Spoiler:
  • I think I've glitched the game. Traded death blows, woke up at the save point to find the boss still defeated and the whole game is stuck running in the slow mo boss death-o-vision now.

Rebooted to fix, no luck. I can't seem to load a previous save either. I'm cursed, a similar thing happened to me 20hrs into Below too.
  • Thank fuck for that, rebooting didn't fix it but closing the software to get rid of quick resume did.

Phew, I was about to descend into an inconsolable sulk.
  • Closing the software is always best for these things. Imagine how I felt 40 hours into Elden Ring getting "Can't Read Save Data"
  • Yeah, you really have to make sure QR is dead. It's like a zombie.
  • Tbh that boss was cumbersome and highlighted the slight imprecision of the controls. The combat in this is good but hasn't approached great so far. That's just about my only complaint though, joyous game on the whole.
  • It don't get any easier.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Closing the software is always best for these things. Imagine how I felt 40 hours into Elden Ring getting "Can't Read Save Data"

Pretty much the worst feeling in gaming I'd imagine. I'm genuinely unsure if I would have started this again if I'd lost 6hrs, even though it could hit a [10] if it goes places. Would've needed a cooldown period anyway.

I feel a bit cheap that I didn't beat the boss properly but it's done now.
  • Dying lots on the next boss too.

Not keen on the item system in this. As I mentioned in the Xbox thread, just have it pause the game while you're tinkering with items assigned to buttons. As it is you're basically choosing a load out for each life as there's no sensible way to change items on the fly. So you've got a pocketful of tricks that you might want to call on in a pinch, but you can't.
  • That's part of the challenge IMO, figuring out a loadout for the fight and sticking to it.

No shame in turning on the no fail mode though.
  • Accessibility options are fine but it's a big jump from where it is now to a full invincibiltity mode.

Three item/no swapsies thing is clearly a conscious decision but I'm not a fan. Perhaps 'make the game pause itself in the menu' might've been a nice accessibility option alongside an impossible-not-to-win mode.
  • It's one of those things where I understand the frustration but that the same time find consumables so scarce that I am totally fine with it because I never want to switch during combat anyway.
  • Told you quick resume was a mugs game.
  • He's down anyway. Bosses definitely aren't getting easier.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Told you quick resume was a mugs game.

Its shite.
  • Love the occasional 'I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be here yet' vibe. Just reached another boss. Good stuff.
  • I think I know where I need to go next but I've managed to completely forget how to get there.
  • Wait, no. Something completely different has happened instead. Late game, I assume:
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!