UE5

• A place for all UE5 discussion.
    It looks amazing, a proper next gen jump in development tech. The biggest one since dare I say, the Half Life2 engine?
    Anyone playing around with this? Hobby/media projects, mods, etc. How easy/hard is it to get into for a hobbyist?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Was just looking if this was posted anywhere as I was gonna post a link to the stream.
  • I've been getting into a bit of basic game dev stuff with Unity recently, mainly focusing on the brilliant Steam Audio plugin which simulates some pretty legit reflection/occlusion and HRTF full surround effects for game audio, was shockingly easy to implement for a complete novice. I wanted to be working with it in UE5 instead, because I have a better impression of that engine generally, and the new Metasounds stuff in 5 looks very cool and interesting to me. Basically all my game design ideas seem to end up revolving around interactions with sound.

It seems like development for the UE plugin might be abandoned, the last update for it on the github was 2 years ago, the Unity side 5 months ago. And there's no download link for UE on the Steam Audio page, bit of a shame. I haven't attempted to see if it still works though, maybe it's fine.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!