How bored are you of games?
  • VR did give me that hit of new tech fresh experience. But then I got tired of playing with a headset on in such a solo immersive space. But it is amazing stuff and only going to get better.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • And it's still at that stage where things that still matter, like resolution, are improving. It's like the 90's again which I think it's why I'm so drawn to it. The PC community is great and I like how you can watch an Early access game evolve on a weekly basis. 

I swear H3VR is the most documented game ever made and after 3 yrs it's still in Early Access, but every week brings a new YT vid from the creator, Anton, and a new feature in the game. It's a pretty cool combo to keep up with. It's an amazing feat for a single dev.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    They need to get the wireless weight below 250g IMO, with no upper strap. Like MX goggles.
  • Definitely needs a lighter headset with better resolution, but that’s just tech evolution. What I cannot figure out is how they make it a more communal/less solo pursuit when you’re in a room with others. Maybe the headsets get so light and so cheap that everyone has one. It’s very much solo or online multiplayer so far.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I think the biggest hurdle is just getting to the point where it's quick to pass goggles around, with a 3-second adjustment between players.

Most of the people talking about resolution, isolation and motion sickness are already invested, whereas I've never been tempted to put one on.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Next gen I reckon. 

• Escape wrote:
    I think the biggest hurdle is just getting to the point where it's quick to pass goggles around, with a 3-second adjustment between players.

Most of the people talking about resolution, isolation and motion sickness are already invested, whereas I've never been tempted to put one on.

Think more likely that it’ll be a shared space with everyone having headsets. Meta is clearly bonkers but it’s the correct direction
  • It's amazing how social online MP is in VR and the sense you're standing next to someone is powerful. Not something I expected when I bought a Vive back in the day. One can only hope FB gets lawsuited to death in some mass VR sex pest scandal.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Bored enough that, if it weren't for my kids, I'd consider selling the Switch and Series X and just having my emulators and iPad.

x
  • Good to hear and looking forward therefore to the new PS+ subscription thing. Another game that did this well was Fire Watch. The gameplay was on the face of it boring but the story was decent and kept me in it. I think jaded is probably a better name for how I feel towards games and I’m hoping the new shinies can give more also on the emotional investment.
    I loved Fire Watch. Awesome game. Such a pity the devs abandoned their next Egyptian game.

Id like to add Rime to the wordless games list too. Fucking hell the ending packed an emotional punch right to my feels gonads.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah enjoyed most of Rime, in a similar vein, check out Omno too (it's been on GP for a while).
  • Not necessarily bored... but I'm definitely going through a phase of lack of time/energy to play games.

Elden Ring is the last proper game i've played, but I've not even met the first boss... and the thought of how massive and vast the game is... it actually puts me off. The more I think about it, this has been going on for a while now - even as far back as GTA5... then RDR2, GoW, Horizon:ZD, heck even Zelda BotW.. I've not disliked any of them - in fact some of those have been my favourite games, but I've just not had the time to go back and finish them.

My son is very into Fortnite, so I often find myself dipping in and out of that for a quick pick up and play. But in the evenings, I find I'm more inclined to watch something on Netflix than gaming at the moment. I think i'll stick to short games for the foreseeable, to get me back into it.
  • Not bored at all, got a little burned out with elden but gone back to horizon fw and its great.

Also new season on destiny2 starts tonite.
    Spoiler:
    spoilerd for anyone who don't want to know.

Been dabbling a bit with gt 7, the crew 2, fifa22, masquerade the bloodlines (f2p br), and the star wars thing with the ginger kid.

Think I just have way to many to ever get bored of.
  • I realised long ago that I'm completely stuck in the past when it comes to gaming.  I can probably track back to the point where I began to lose the motivation to stick at it, with Twilight Princess being the first Zelda game I failed to complete.  I've completed precisely two games since 2009, one of which was a GB remake.

My favourite game right now is Milly & Molly.  A game could easily have come out over 30 years ago.  I try with games like Fortnite, but i watch my son instinctively clicking the myriad of buttons in combination and aiming at characters in the distance that I can't even see, and I feel very old indeed.

Saying all that, I do really need to buy FH5, or get back on Game Pass and give it another go.  Arcade racers FTW.

x
  • Not bored now and haven't been bored for a long time. Sonys first party stuff has been top draw these last few years and my series s is a little gamepass wonder box.

I feel like games have never been as rich, varied, readily available and of this quality ever. By far the best period in gaming history for me with VR on offer, a new generation of consoles just picking up and a huge back catalogue to catch up with from last gen.

Also I'm totally besotted with Deep Rock Galactic right now, Its gonna be an all timer its so fuckin good in co-op.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    This is definitely the longest period I have gone recently without spending any amount of time with a game. February was the last high active month for me now. Dabbled a few hours here and there on my Switch but nothing else.
  • When did I finish Elden Ring?  End of April?  Start of May?  Haven't really played anything properly since.

I'm not bored.  I just prioritise other things.  Spending time with the family (otherwise I can never be a REAL MAN), and gym

Haak, you still gymming/CrossFitting?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Everyone should play OlliOlli World. That'll revitalise ya.
  • Played some on release.  It's part of my evergrowing list of games I'm partway through.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    When did I finish Elden Ring?  End of April?  Start of May?  Haven't really played anything properly since. I'm not bored.  I just prioritise other things.  Spending time with the family (otherwise I can never be a REAL MAN), and gym Haak, you still gymming/CrossFitting?

Yeah still going 3-4 days a week to get out of the house and clear the head. Kinda just more in a chill mode when I get to sit down in the evenings now. I got far too into Lost Ark in Feb and it's the last time I am going to make that mistake, the guys I play with are juts far too committed.
  • Just sold my second copy of BoTW, after 5 years of playing it for a week here and there, and never beating a single Divine Beast.

It took me a year to get off the Plateau.  It took another year to reach the first beast, and yet another year to get inside it.  That was probably 18 months ago and I've not touched it since.

The rot probably set in years ago, when I didn't complete Twilight Princess.  I should have figured out I was done then and saved a thousand pounds on new machines and unplayed games.

x

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!