Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
  • It’s also way too long. Played 4-player arcade for well over an hour and still not finished. Eventually we stopped because it crashed at a boss (Baxter).
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Well this all sounds like a massive disappointment.
  • I’m finding it frustrating. At least in multiplayer anyway. Bosses are a bit rubbish. 

Far worse than SoR4.
  • monkey wrote:
    Well this all sounds like a massive disappointment.

It's still good, just maybe not as good as it could have been.

I haven't had full on game freezes, but have had both Raph and Don (only characters I've used so far) get stuck in the dive kick animation. Every time it has happened when pressing attack as soon as you're falling off a platform. Have to wait for an enemy to hit you out.
  • I've had a few freezes. Had a complete crash at one point.
    Still not enough to ruin it for me, the game's awesome!!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I’ve had foot soldiers stuck to me, I’ve been stuck in throwing animation, bosses teleport around, and sometimes once a level or area loads I can’t see any characters at all on the screen just sound of my team mates fighting and the sparks flying etc.

I’m sure they’ll patch it soon.
  • Apart from glitches, just finding there isn’t enough variety in the fighting or moves etc. All gets same pretty quickly. But it’s fun in multiplayer with party chat as we can laugh at it, make jokes, shout and scream and enjoy it.
  • I really wanna play this with some of you
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • It worked out well with 4 of us in terms of characters. Each of the turtles roughly fit our personality/style etc. I was Mikey but soon found his lack of reach frustrating. So I settled on Splinter. :)
  • There's a cross play option I didn't spot at first.
  • Trying to work out how the online works in this.  Managed to get it up and running by playing on the old One S instead, but there doesn't seem to be an option to join non-friends.  So if I create a party it'll only be joinable by friends?  I don't play much online these days and would usually only play stuff with friends anyway, but I thought most games let you play with randoms as well?  Seems like a weird choice for such an mp focused game.
  • Ah no wait, you can find players with LB.
  • We're in a 5 player online game. Amazing.
  • On Switch it's L to join a public room. X to set one up. It's good that you can effectively start playing on your own with an open invitation and people can join even mid-level. Very arcadey.
    hylian_elf wrote:
    sometimes once a level or area loads I can’t see any characters at all on the screen just sound of my team mates fighting and the sparks flying etc. I’m sure they’ll patch it soon.
    I've had that a few times. No choice but to quit out and try and rejoin again.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've hammered buttons on this and somewhat enjoyed it (particularly level 3's music) as I got to level 6.

I have just discovered there's
    Spoiler:
    levels and what on earth are they gonna do to mix shit up
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I've hammered buttons on this and somewhat enjoyed it (particularly level 3's music) as I got to level 6.

Spoiler:

aliens-guy.jpg
  • Played five levels with the kids and they love it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    Is anyone else going Switch?

Players who don't mind Bebop framerates, I guess.
  • Escape wrote:
    JonB wrote:
    Is anyone else going Switch?

Players who don't mind Bebop framerates, I guess.

Oh I see what you did there
  • I think it's good, I wish Streets of Rage 4 had gone for a similar aesthetic as this.
    Played five levels with the kids and they love it.

And yeah definitely get the feeling this is a great kid's game, played it with my dad for a bit and he loved it, and he's pretty much a big kid :D

And Raphael is the best.
  • ZMM wrote:
    I think it's good, I wish Streets of Rage 4 had gone for a similar aesthetic as this.

Yeah, that was one of the very few things I didn't like about SoR4. I prefer pixle art for retro sequels/throw backs.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • It's funny how the appeal of Turtles and Sonic seems to endure despite mixed offerings (games, films, TV shows). Nice that both series has seen quality games recently so any kids interested have sonething decent to play for a change.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I’m finding it frustrating. At least in multiplayer anyway. Bosses are a bit rubbish. 

Far worse than SoR4.

Appreciate the review. Was tempted, but think I'll wait.

"I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • regmcfly wrote:

Spoiler:

At one point you'll probably take on both bebop and rock steady at the same time. Absolutely thrilling.

Played a few levels with some friends last night and we're not going to play anymore. It was fine I guess but too mashy and the bosses aren't that interesting.

SoR4 has that nice feel that this missing.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yeah I cleared it and as I keep saying it is "good this does not mean I don't like it.
  • I thought they'd reduce the amount of Levels for Arcade Mode, but nope, it's all of them, so no point ever playing this mode with my kids because I'm not letting them play for two hours straight. I don't even want to play for two hours straight.
  • Quite buggy this eh? Played for an hour last night and ran into quite a few problems. One stage finished after the boss fight but then failed to continue on to the next level, all of us just standing there music still playing. Another time a level started and we were all invisible. Quite fun though but absolute chaos with six players.
  • Only bug I've had is the dive kick one. Playing on PS4. I imagine six player online could lead to desyncs quite easily which is going to introduce a much higher chance of things going wrong.

Used Mikey and Leo for the first time yesterday, and there are subtle differences between the turtles movesets. Leo's double jump attack is far better than everyone else, and his charge attack hits twice in a circle around him. They must have reckoned most casuals with pick the guy with two swords. Mikey bounces off enemies when he dive kicks allowing him to dive kick again.
  • The charge attack was one of the few things that felt weird in this (mainly the requirement that you hold it until the weapon glint if you want to break shields).  It's a bit tricky in the middle of a scrum.
  • Both love and meh this game. In multiplayer its a great laugh and really relives the fun of the 4 player coin op but with better controls. However, it lacks the really tight gameplay of the likes of SoR4 to keep you entertained in even a solo manner (and to be fair, basic Sor4 does struggle here a bit) 

What I do love about it though is how much love the game has gotten in its presentation. Its nostalgic but there's also loads of nice touches all the time.
    SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!