Health foods
‹ Previous1234
  • 20220626-090127.jpg

Each morning I have a teaspoon each of barley grass and wheatgrass powder, with 25ml of aloe vera juice, mixed with cold water and a splash of lemon juice. Sometimes also include chlorella powder. I find that it gives me a bit of a boost.

I used to also have spirulina powder but stopped because it tastes like shit.

I eat a lot of quinoa, it's easy to cook. Also black rice.

Does anyone have any routines or health foods that they can recommend? Are there any vegans here? If so, how do you try to ensure you get good amounts of the essential amino acids into your diet? Would be interested to learn more.

If this topic sinks like a stone then no worries.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I try to add lecithin to stuff I eat, for lowering cholesterol, but I usually forget.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Zinc
  • I'm not currently vegan as my son is only vegetarian but my wife is still full vegan and these would be the staples we'd have most days.

Fortified oat and soy milk, fortified cereal, milled seeds, lots of nuts and nut butter, wholemeal bread, lots of lentils, beans and chickpeas, lots of tofu, marmite. Yeast flakes are also a good source of b12.

Lots of spinach, broccoli and peas for iron.
  • OP reads like a Patrick Bateman monologue.
  • OP reads like a Patrick Bateman monologue.

Brilliant.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Can't be fucked with potions. I typically just avoid heavily processed stuff, but my alcohol consumption is not helpful. Being drunk is great though, so.
  • And other times we'll just have a Dr oetker pizza because we're tired as shit.
  • I indulge in the occasional fruit smoothie.
    Yoghurt and buttermilk are essential.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Which one's the one that ups your load? Just curious.
  • The one with zinc. Yoghurt helps too.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Joking aside I definitely need to eat healthier, this weekend I've had fish & chips, fried chicken and chips, some cheesestrings and a burger & chips meal.
  • Had a full medical a couple of weeks back, high blood pressure and the heart of a 43yo apparently. I'm 39 tho so I think that ain't a bad trade off for booze, fags and grease.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Can't be fucked with potions. I typically just avoid heavily processed stuff, but my alcohol consumption is not helpful. Being drunk is great though, so.

This is me. Read up about Ultra Processed Foods and you'll probably avoid wonder potions and health bars too. I try and choose wholemeal/whole-wheat whenever possible. Oats, fruit and yogurt for breakfast. Eggs and fish a couple of times a week. A couple of veggie days. Knock the alcohol on the head as much as possible and max 2 cups of coffee a day. Plus plenty of water.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I have the Tesco cheap version of Barocca (zinc and vitamin c) but I don’t always take it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, I've tried to cut out almost all processed stuff. It helps that I like to cook and have good access to cheap, good quality ingredients.
  • And when the ingredients aren't great, that's what shitloads of seasoning is for.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Can't be fucked with potions. I typically just avoid heavily processed stuff…

This is me too. Whole foods mostly for me. Whole grains, fruits, veg, eggs, grilled chicken breast/steak/salmon fillet etc etc.

I hardly ever eat in the morning. I stick to a broadly 12-8 feeding window.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow wrote:
    Yeah, I've tried to cut out almost all processed stuff. It helps that I like to cook and have good access to cheap, good quality ingredients.

Same here. I’m trying to think what I still eat that I’d call processed. Biscuits, I suppose. And crisps.

• I live mainly on a diet of espresso and cigarettes. I do drink quite a lot of water though I suppose.
    As for supplements, I take vitamin D every day, and glucosamine for the arthritis in my fingers.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    nick_md wrote:
    Joking aside I definitely need to eat healthier, this weekend I've had fish & chips, fried chicken and chips, some cheesestrings and a burger & chips meal.

Nah this is the way sod Kale for breakfast and buckwheat for tea. One life dude.
  • I’ll eat all those things in a week but I’ll make them myself. It’s not much healthier but I can pretend it is.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Man's gonna go have a steak baguette with triple cooked chips for lunch. Yes yes.

Sorry for hijacking thread for my fit man's crew.
  • I do take a multivitamin tablet ever day, and wash my terrible (brilliant) food choices down with booze and fags, so I'm not the worst. Maybe.

Truth is I don't enjoy cooking. I do enjoy the food after, but the actual cooking side I cba with. I see posts by people saying omg this simple recipe, so easy, and it's like 10 steps/ingredients. Not for me. I know it's easy, I know it's good, but I'm not that guy.
  • All about balance for me. Used to be really bad for fizzy drinks but mostly got rid of them all, and drink about 3L a shift while walking 8 mile. So all that, if I want to, means I can get a bit greasy. Also gym 3-5 times a week doing about 45mins of lifting each time means I can eat more and more, as long as its not shite. I struggle getting calories in though.

Aye, basically just don't rip the cunt, get yer steps and water in, and you'll be sound.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Read up about Ultra Processed Foods though gav. Not all calories are created equal.
  • I only eat meat, veg and Walls Twister ice lollies.
  • What's the balance folks are willing to take? Every bit of healthy living for me is detracting from how I'd actually like to live. What are the gains folks are trading off against? I'm not trying to be an escape artist (contrarian) I'm just wondering what people's limits are wrt extending life Vs enjoying life.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I think the you only live once, eat what you like attitude is easy enough until you get past 40. Things change when you notice how stuff directly affects how you feel and your energy level.
  • I also hate cooking, so I pay someone else to do it.
  • Brooks wrote:
    I also hate cooking, so I pay someone else to do it.

I also use just eat too much.

‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!